2013 Ford Mustang (now 420hpand 2013 GT500 infos. GT500 indeed gets 5.8L 650hp V8!

5.4ever

Crawling before Walking
Established Member
What Z06 are we talking here... remember, chevy has added tons of options to it to help it keep up with the gtr, so if you mean a base Z then maybe but if you add those R compound tires and all the nannies that propel its price close to 100k then we will have to wait and see...

Also, I truly doubt the BOSS will equal a ZL1, come one man...

and ZR1>gt500, come on, its plain math here

hate to quote myself but there you have it...

the zl1 bested the BossLS... MT are now praising the ZL1 as the "new" complete package track car...

Damn, I hope the gt500 just kills the ZL1. over on camaro5 everyone is saying GM>Ford...:nonono:

Although Ford labels the BOSS as their true track car, I still think this wasnt a fair comparison due to the price difference

F8L BYT

Established Member

the zl1 bested the BossLS... MT are now praising the ZL1 as the "new" complete package track car...

Damn, I hope the gt500 just kills the ZL1. over on camaro5 everyone is saying GM>Ford...:nonono:

Although Ford labels the BOSS as their true track car, I still think this wasnt a fair comparison due to the price difference

The funniest part about it is that the boss still has a better engine with more potential since it is actually forged

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

So the people on Camaro5 are saying GM is better because a more expensive, supercharged 6.2L outran a NA 5.0L???? Ummm yeah, that is a huge win, lol.

Last edited:

Z28

Established Member
So the people on Camaro5 are saying GM is better because a more expensive, supercharged 6.2L outran a NA 5.0L???? Ummm yeah, that is a huge win, lol.

I think it was more along the lines of "out-handled" the BOSS LS. I'm honestly surprised by this as well, especially with the ZL1 being at a 400 lb weight disadvantage. I knew it would be faster but as much as people were praising the BOSS for it's handling, the article in Motortrend made it sound like the ZL1 was way better than the BOSS.

The A6 is going to be a big seller for the ZL1 as well. Would be awesome if ford would follow suit with the GT500.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I think it was more along the lines of "out-handled" the BOSS LS. I'm honestly surprised by this as well, especially with the ZL1 being at a 400 lb weight disadvantage. I knew it would be faster but as much as people were praising the BOSS for it's handling, the article in Motortrend made it sound like the ZL1 was way better than the BOSS.

The A6 is going to be a big seller for the ZL1 as well. Would be awesome if ford would follow suit with the GT500.

Well I thought the MR on the ZL1 was a huge addition to the car and figured that and its HP advantage would take the win before I read the article. As we all know, great things are said about that magnetic ride. Plus the Camaro has IRS. It's no wonder it handles so well. The 2015 Mustang can't come quick enough for me in that regard. It amazes me the New Edge Cobras and Terminators came with IRS but nothing since then. I know most of the owners drag race these cars and do not take them on road courses......but still. It's great the Camaro forced Ford's hand in that department.....it is just taking Ford forever to bring it back.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

The same argument can be made about the CTS-V, in some aspects it definitely is, especially on a tight track where traction and balance is everything.

It would be like taking an EVO to the smallest road course possible and putting it up against C6Z on stock run flats. You would be surprised how close it would stay.

The Boss is a great handling Mustang for the power it makes, kind of hard to compare it to a Camaro with almost 150hp more regardless of the circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread