2013 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack 1K HP Build

BADGT

Established Member
8A631E6E-4823-47C4-909A-5616009FEBAE.jpeg
DCC44DE4-4970-4806-81AB-CDD945964AFE.jpeg
4DA47F0D-2969-4ABD-943B-DAD603133004.jpeg
A1C30825-1D82-4B0B-AF06-4260CCD4D82A.jpeg
0947E839-917B-4DD0-9A2D-4511B3C0FEB6.jpeg
whats up guys, I’m starting this build thread in an effort to help out any of the other DIY builders out there. So I’ll jump right into it.....As the car sits now I have a laundry list of mods, So I’ll start with the major components and then the small stuff and move on to the parts I have purchased so far and my intended plan for the build. It’s a 2013 Track pack with a 2.3 Whipple at 9 PSI with Metco fuel rails, ID 1000 Injectors, JLT CF 128 big air intake, Whipple monoblade 2750 CFM Throttle body, stage 2 comp cams, AFCO triple pass intercooler, JLT Oil Seperator, TSS Cranckshaft Sprocket, TSS Oil pump gears. 3.73 gears, McLeod Twin disc 1000HP Clutch, Barton shifter, QA 1 Double Adjustable rear shocks, QA1 front coil-overs, Eibach sway bars, that’s about everything I can think of right now. As she sits she has 728 HP with a Lund tune, I’m very very conservative when driving and rarely lay into it in fear of blowing the engine because of the stock internals! So the parts I have purchased so far, a sleeeved 5.0 Block with Mahle powerpak pistons, Manley I beam rods, Boss crankshaft, with 9:1 Compression (YES 9:1) Stage 3 Comp Blower Cams, Trickflow springs, Oversized Valves, a set of cylinder heads that are getting “race” ported by CFM Performance, Fore Innovations 1500 Fuel Kit, Corbeau Race seats. I picked the 9:1 Compression so I can run more boost. I’m going to start at 11 PSI and go up from there. I understand some people will look at all this and give there “personal opinions” and honestly if it’s negative....I don’t give a shit. If you want to give comments that will help me....I’ll welcome them, but don’t get on here and bitch about the Build. If you see a problem, help me out. Thanks for checking out the thread!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Im with ya on the 9 to 1 compression. I went 9.5-1 for the same reason to run more boost.

I got a sleeved block as well and their pretty much bullet proof. how much power u looking to make and what gas u plan on running?

BADGT

Established Member
That’s what I wanted was bulletproof! Im running E-85 right now making great power but I live 2 Miles from a Aiport where they sell 107. So I’m torn between the two. I really want to try the 107. What do you think? And I’m at 728HP now I want to break 1000HP, but realistically I’ll be happy with 900HP.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
u sleeve one of these blocks and its doubtful u will ever reach its limits unless u put like a 106mm Turbo on it or something.

no need to run the 107 when E85 is about 105. HP depends on ur boost level but I think 900 is realistic

That’s what I wanted was bulletproof! Im running E-85 right now making great power but I live 2 Miles from a Aiport where they sell 107. So I’m torn between the two. I really want to try the 107. What do you think? And I’m at 728HP now I want to break 1000HP, but realistically I’ll be happy with 900HP.

BADGT

Established Member
Ok, I’ll stick to the E85....I’m going to start at 11 psi and see how that turns out and I also have a 15 psi pulley. So hopefully I can break that 900 mark. The only part I’m semi confused about is the lash adjusters on these engines. I have a Ford engine builder PDF I purchased a while back and it says to bolt everything down to 25 in lb no lash adjustment on the coyote? That can’t be right? Is it?

twistedneck

Established Member
BADGT, make sure you go with both fuels at some point. I use 100% E85 for four years now and its gunked up pretty good.. had to change O2 sensors already and will do now every two years for good measure.

Going back to regular fuel cleans everything back up.

E85 is going to make more power than 106 IMO. Be careful with those gorgeous pistons they are the more supercharger friendly 2618 alloy but the skirts are a little short for a pure boost type of piston. Look at the ring land thickness comparison.

http://www.us.mahle.com/media/motorsports/coyote-voodoo-web.jpg

These Gibtec pistons are super high end billet so ignore the huge price but you can see the larger ring land.
http://gibtecpistons.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/gallery-img-11-for-web.jpg

yours are somewhere in-between probably good for enough boost to hit that 18lb mark where you need ridiculous springs and cam lockouts.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Killer thread. Will be reading all posts.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
The E85 is going to make more power than any unleaded gasoline out there. If you drive the car a couple times a week I would stick with E85, the only times I have heard of people having issues are when they put E85 in their tank and the car sits for extended periods of time.

I am sure you know this but boost is just a measure of resistance. Once you add some big cams and your ported heads your boost is going to be lower, which is good because your engine will be more efficient at moving air. I am only bringing this up because you mentioned you had a 15 psi pulley, while that combo might make 15 on a stock cammed/head car it will make less on yours.

Since you are currently on E85 why did you drop the compression? With that or even 107 you can basically throw all the boost and timing you want and it will be fine. I think your limiting factor in terms of horsepower is going to be your blower, your set up is begging for a 2.9 Whipple or even a 2.65 TVS once they are released in March. The fact you made 728 on the 2.3 at only 9 psi is damn impressive, have you ever taken the car to the track? If I were to guess id say you will make just over 800. Since you dropped the compression 2 full points you are going to have to spin the 2.3 really hard and its not going to be able to put out the boost you need to make 900-1000. At the end of the day you are going to have one hell of a motor that should last quite awhile and I am sure it will be a fun car to be in! Best of luck, looking forward to following this thread.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The E85 is going to make more power than any unleaded gasoline out there. If you drive the car a couple times a week I would stick with E85, the only times I have heard of people having issues are when they put E85 in their tank and the car sits for extended periods of time.
I have heard that as well.
Do you have to change out spark plugs more often when running E85?

BADGT

Established Member
Thanks for all the info, when the engine builder asked me what my plans were for the car I told him what setup I had now and where I wanted to go with it. So he made the suggestion do the 9:1 Compression for longevity of the engine and to push more boost. And I have been researching and looking at new head units, I have a friend in NC that has the Whipple Crusher head unit for a fair price. The car is extremely fun to drive, with all that power and a stick bottom end I was starting to worry when I would get on the pedal. So that’s the reason for the new engine, I literally researched day and night on compression ratios until I would get headaches from reading so much. And it came down to either 9:1 or 10:5. So the builder and myself discussed it and he built it. UPS dude dropped a shitload of boxes today, so more pics will be up shortly!

BADGT

Established Member
Does anyone know or know someone that has some info on lash adjustment for the coyote. I have the engine assembly manuel and it literally says to put the rocker arms on and bolt the cams down. It says nothing about the lash adjustment. I know they have hydraulic adjusters. But I have been going in circles on it. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

BADGT

Established Member
Seats are about to go in!

Attachments

• 22549EC9-5A48-4B67-B258-514EE8BF8760.jpeg
    22549EC9-5A48-4B67-B258-514EE8BF8760.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 80

Users who are viewing this thread