2013 Cobra Jet #37

KB01GT

Whipple blown
Established Member
It is worth going by there to look! The attention to detail on it is amazing.

They run good out of the box too..

2013 Cobra Jet First Pass (ADRL) - YouTube

:rockon:

^^This is exactly right. I have read all about them and looked at them online but once i checked it over in person I realized how good the craftsmanship is. The people who built this car did it right.

Now I agree that the price is high and they are not road legal and all but think of this. What other Car company has skunkworks like this poping out in dealer showrooms? The 60s CJ was not cheap for its time but did the select few who bought them care? Doubt it. Its more about principle with this car, Ford showing everybody that they can do it and they really dont care about what everyone thinks about it. True Performance in the hands of a few. :beer:

KB01GT

Whipple blown
Established Member
And by the way I found the guy whos gonna buy that Camaro

camaro.jpg

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
leaving the cars out in the rain is one thing, it blows my mind to see 100+ grand cars out in the snow at some dealers!

the cobra jet though, even with the crazy cobra in the paint... still looks sick!!!
and if you are talking straight line ass kicking at the race track, if I had a 130 grand, I would go buy one along with the gt500.

for GM although, wouldn't ever buy a camaro over a corvette... but if it was not corvette... I dont know what you folks think of the G8 GT, but that is the only GM I would consider buying.... USED that is :p specially after finding out they have the GXP edition in the US, would be a fun 4 door to pimp around

Last edited:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Im in Alabama this week working nights so today while i couldnt sleep i drove around to the local dealerships to look around. Stopped at the ford dealership and was speaking with this really nice lady old about raptors and and the new mustang she tells me to come inside. There sat a black Cobra jet she said had just came in yesterday. This thing looks amazing in person and is a work of art when it comes to part selection and craftsmanship. They wanted 125 grand.

Funny :) Back when I was considering getting a '13 CJ, there were 3-4 dealers who had one coming in and were selling it between list price (high $90k) and $4K over. Apparently the cars which had larger markups haven't sold -- and now they're sitting on dealership floors.

Selfishly, I hope they do sell for $20-30K over list. That will make my list-priced '14 look all the better!

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
And some people buy 10,000 dollars hand bags, :lol1:
Some people just have that kind of dough.

Last edited:

BigDan

Established Member
I really like the new black Cobra Jets.... Sux they are charging more for this 5.0L version then they did with previous years that had larger hand built engines with larger superchargers.

I dont get it.... You'd think the 5.0L NA Cobra Jet would be priced similarly to the 07-08 CJ's

Building a clone is also out of the question since they only seem to sell the original 07 CJ graphic package and not these new brushed aluminum decals or even the 11-12 ones.

Does anybody know how fast the NA and SC'd versions run in the 1/4? Hopefully faster then the out-going 5.4L with a 4.0L Whipple.

New COPO fans must be jumping for joy with the announcement of smaller engines with smaller superchargers with higher price tags.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Can't get past the corvette summer hood, and what is going on with the foglights with the ZL1? I like the front ends of the SS's better. Shouldn't the Halo car look better than the midgrade? They should've stayed with Transformer editions.:beer:

jonw357

Established Member
Me and the wife drove by there in the Mach to check it out the other day. Truly bad ass in person!! And only if I was rich!!!

Last edited:

Rick88LX

Established Member
I really like the new black Cobra Jets.... Sux they are charging more for this 5.0L version then they did with previous years that had larger hand built engines with larger superchargers.

I dont get it.... You'd think the 5.0L NA Cobra Jet would be priced similarly to the 07-08 CJ's

Building a clone is also out of the question since they only seem to sell the original 07 CJ graphic package and not these new brushed aluminum decals or even the 11-12 ones.

Does anybody know how fast the NA and SC'd versions run in the 1/4? Hopefully faster then the out-going 5.4L with a 4.0L Whipple.

New COPO fans must be jumping for joy with the announcement of smaller engines with smaller superchargers with higher price tags.

All the new 5.0 engines are hand-built as well...I've seen them first hand...met the guys doing the assembly work.
Any idea what it takes/costs to develop two different engine packages at the same time?
There was no '07 Cobra Jet...only '08. I was there when the first 13 2008 cars were delivered. A friend of mine owns one.
The cost of everything has gone up in the last 4 years...materials, wages, benefits, transportation, fuel, etc. Explain the math on how it should be 'cheaper'?

61mmstang94

Established Member
All the new 5.0 engines are hand-built as well...I've seen them first hand...met the guys doing the assembly work.
Any idea what it takes/costs to develop two different engine packages at the same time?
There was no '07 Cobra Jet...only '08. I was there when the first 13 2008 cars were delivered. A friend of mine owns one.
The cost of everything has gone up in the last 4 years...materials, wages, benefits, transportation, fuel, etc. Explain the math on how it should be 'cheaper'?

Cos man...da engine be making less displacement and we all know dat what determines da price yo!

In all seriousness, I agree, bigdan has no clue what he's talking about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread