2013 Cobra Jet #37

KB01GT

Whipple blown
Established Member
Im in Alabama this week working nights so today while i couldnt sleep i drove around to the local dealerships to look around. Stopped at the ford dealership and was speaking with this really nice lady old about raptors and and the new mustang she tells me to come inside. There sat a black Cobra jet she said had just came in yesterday. This thing looks amazing in person and is a work of art when it comes to part selection and craftsmanship. They wanted 125 grand.

CJ3.jpg

CobraJet.jpg

CJ4.jpg

CJ1.jpg

CJ2.jpg

So I go to the chevy place next looking at trucks and I see this god awful thing. Salesman walks up and says some BS and I tell him just looking and Im a Ford guy anyway. He goes on to tell me that they take GT500s in trades all the time for this car cause its faster.:dw: I LOL and begin to walk away and I remember to look at price so i walk back and see this. I was literally laughing all the way to my truck. This thing is Ugly as Sin:burn:

ZL1.jpg

ZL.jpg

mr2cam

Established Member
Ya some idiot is gonna pay 67 grand for that thing..

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I don't think the ZL1 looks bad...not great, and not a GT500, but not bad. It's not slow either. It's not as fast as the GT500, but it's not slow.

Yes, I'd rather have a modded 5.0 or GT500 than the ZL1 all day long, but IMO the ZL1 isn't a bad car...now if only it were about $30K cheaper it would appeal to more people. AT $67K only a fool would buy it.

2001sleeper

Established Member
The ZL1 is a good deal if you can get one just at 50k IMO.
But for anything close to 60k or more I would just get a corvette.

The cobra jet looks awesome!

61mmstang94

Established Member
If anything, the cobra jet is uglier than the zl1 lol.

The zl1 is a good looking car. First camaro that body style I've liked.

I agree I wouldn't pay what they're asking, but it's a good looking car that I've seen run 9s with some more boost and a little nitrous. Not too shabby IMO, but there's always blind haters like the OP. :)

Last edited:

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
If anything, the cobra jet is uglier than the zl1 lol.

The zl1 is a good looking car. First camaro that body style I've liked.

I agree I wouldn't pay what they're asking, but it's a good looking car that I've seen run 9s with some more boost and a little nitrous. Not too shabby IMO, but there's always blind haters like the OP. :)

Blind haters? What cause he does not think something looks good that you do? And what does one going 9s have to do with anything? And if you don't think the Cobra Jet is sexy as hell then just gtfo.

05BlkViper

Established Member
Sorry but I am going to have to agree the cobra jet is not that good looking, I dont really want a giant snake on the side of my car lol. It's fast which is cool but that is about it.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Blind haters? What cause he does not think something looks good that you do? And what does one going 9s have to do with anything? And if you don't think the Cobra Jet is sexy as hell then just gtfo.
I agree, I guess he's entitled to his opinion, but it's funny how at the end you tell me to gtfo when I don't agree with you opinion of the cobra jet lol. Irony. :rolling:

Sorry but I am going to have to agree the cobra jet is not that good looking, I dont really want a giant snake on the side of my car lol. It's fast which is cool but that is about it.
Exactly. But some of these guys would like the cobra jet no matter what ford put on the side of it and think it's the greatest thing ever. Other than the rims, the car is ugly...and I like the 10+ mustang body style lol.

I'd pay 60k for the zl1 before I paid 130k for an ugly cobra jet that'll never see anything but a trailer and track.

Last edited:

cam346

Established Member
i don't understand buying a car like this or copo camaro for that kind of money. if you want a car to drag race just get at fox body or old camaro and drag race it. for that kind of money you could built it yourself cheaper. spending that kind of money just to drag race a car is crazy. and only a fool will pay that kind of money for zl1, you can get a 11 or 12 gs corvette for that.

jleews6

Established Member
I like them both but, No way would I pay almost 70 grand for a Camaro but then again no way would I pay 130 for a car that I cant drive and enjoy.

I do have to say though,I think its funny when someone has a 99 to 04 Mustang and they are calling a ZL1 ugly.:lol: This is coming from a guy that has owned two 03 Cobras and like the way they look.

bull3441

Established Member
Nice dealership. Hammering someone for an ADM and leaving the car outside in the rain.

MurderedMach

Established Member
First off, that cobra jet is Tits......

Second off, Yes I am a ford guy, but the new ZL1's are gorgeous. My wife's father just purchased a Red ZL1 for 57k. The reason you even saw a ZL1 sitting on that lot is because of their dealer mark up. My father in law ordered his in April and received it last week.

Like I stated previously, I am a ford guy....BUT..if it came to buying a Gt500 to dd or a ZL1 to dd.....definitely going to the Chevy. If Im buying to modify...hands down the Gt500.

The ZL1 interior is amazing, the suspension is unreal. Yah, they lack the power but they made up for it everywhere else.

The Gt500 is hands down going to rape it in a straight line. No if and's or but's.

Both are 60k of amazement and I would love to have either.

Users who are viewing this thread