2013 Cobra Jet #37

fangstang

Established Member
Sorry but I am going to have to agree the cobra jet is not that good looking, I dont really want a giant snake on the side of my car lol. It's fast which is cool but that is about it.

I'd pay 60k for the zl1 before I paid 130k for an ugly cobra jet that'll never see anything but a trailer and track.

i don't understand buying a car like this or copo camaro for that kind of money. if you want a car to drag race just get at fox body or old camaro and drag race it. for that kind of money you could built it yourself cheaper. spending that kind of money just to drag race a car is crazy. and only a fool will pay that kind of money for zl1, you can get a 11 or 12 gs corvette for that.

I like them both but, No way would I pay almost 70 grand for a Camaro but then again no way would I pay 130 for a car that I cant drive and enjoy.

I do have to say though,I think its funny when someone has a 99 to 04 Mustang and they are calling a ZL1 ugly.:lol: This is coming from a guy that has owned two 03 Cobras and like the way they look.

Who ever pays $130K for a drag car(I dont care what its gonna be worth in 50 yrs)is an idiot. fanboy or not. I know looks are subjective, but the ZL1 looks badass.

stangfreak

Established Member
For 67K Id rather dump that money into a c6 z06 or even a grand sport. I still can't get used to the new camaro look

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
This was at Lynn Layton Ford right?? I live in the city this is at and my buddy who is a tech there sent me a pic of this thing! unfortunately I work on a boat 22 days straight but one more week till I go home and see this monster!!!

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
I walked in there today and looked at it. Badass for sure!:banana::banana:

KB01GT

Whipple blown
Established Member
Yea don't get me wrong the cobra jet looks badass but would I spend 125k on it? Not in a million years. The zl1 just does nothing for me regardless of price or looks. I am by no means a ford fanboy who hates everything gm. Just hate this one lol. To the guys who live in decatur Alabama the ford dealership seemed like a great place to do business and the people were really nice.

Jaysin

Established Member
Cobra Jet is awesome, but no way in hell would I pay that much for it (not like I'd ever have the money anyway lol).

As for the ZL1's, there growing on me, and I love the white. Would I buy one? Probably not, but I think they look good.

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
There is a family that lives maybe 5 minutes from me who has, i think, 3 cobra jets and at least one factory racing challenger. They also have a big ass semi to carry them all in. Its the sons of Paul Candies of Candies and Hughs fame. Their family owns a very successful supply boat company that services the oil industry world wide, so they arent hurting i dont think. The next time i see their stuff parked, ill try to take some pics. I see Paul Candies probably twice a week in local restaurantes, but dont often see his sons with the cars.

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
Yea don't get me wrong the cobra jet looks badass but would I spend 125k on it? Not in a million years. The zl1 just does nothing for me regardless of price or looks. I am by no means a ford fanboy who hates everything gm. Just hate this one lol. To the guys who live in decatur Alabama the ford dealership seemed like a great place to do business and the people were really nice.

Yea the owner just bought the ford dealership a couple months ago. He has owned the Chevy dealership for as long as I've been alive I know of. Had been hearing rumors he was getting one of these but never thought they were true! Maybe they'll let me put my car beside it so I can snap a few photos hahaha

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
the Cobra jet looks awesome in exception of that ugly azz yellow lettering on the tires

61mmstang94

Established Member
Don't be so quick to judge a car till you drive it.

Both drive awesome. Everyday driving though....IRS would be much funner IMO.

Well every day driving isn't even a comparison regardless of what rear suspension each has considering you can't put tags on a cobra jet to begin with. And the cobra jet rides like crap...it has a strictly drag suspension and it's strictly a track race car.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Cobra Jet looks awesome IMO. Some people just want a track car and could careless if they can drive it on the street. Just sucks it cost so much coin and is a limited run. I think if they were in the 35-45K range and weren't limited they would be a pretty big sell for ford.

I have seen a few ZL1's in person and I think they look great

Just would not own one over a GT500 :shrug:

MurderedMach

Established Member
Well every day driving isn't even a comparison regardless of what rear suspension each has considering you can't put tags on a cobra jet to begin with. And the cobra jet rides like crap...it has a strictly drag suspension and it's strictly a track race car.

It was a comparison between ZL1 and Gt500 as in my previous post.

Users who are viewing this thread