2013 Boss. MT-82 not liking 7000+RPM shifts?

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
even if the mgw doesnt completely fix the problem it is still a drastic improvement over the stock POS shifter/assembly/

I agree and it's on the short list for mods to perform. My problem is, my dealership has argued not to cover warranty work due to modifications I've made with past cars. I'm very competent when it comes to working on these cars and in no way would ever try to shirk responsibility for a problem I've created. The dealership on the other hand.... They love passing the buck any time they can. I don't want to throw the shifter on there and then have to argue with them that it's the shifter causing the issue I'm seeing with my transmission.

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I agree and it's on the short list for mods to perform. My problem is, my dealership has argued not to cover warranty work due to modifications I've made with past cars. I'm very competent when it comes to working on these cars and in no way would ever try to shirk responsibility for a problem I've created. The dealership on the other hand.... They love passing the buck any time they can. I don't want to throw the shifter on there and then have to argue with them that it's the shifter causing the issue I'm seeing with my transmission.

i hear ya, tough situation. I am one of the few that doesn't care about warranty, and buy the car to modify and enjoy at its fullest extend even if I cause a failure.

I hate to hear about the issues people are having with their mt-82, mine has been down right impressive....with all of the extra's I had to install (2012 Shelby clutch pedal assembly, mgw, amsoil fluid, ss clutch cable).

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
LOL, I usually void my warranty within 24 hours with a tune. With my current car, I went with the TracKey tune instead. Like I said, I don't mind taking responsibility for those things that I create or cause. What sucks is knowing if I put a shifter on the car and Ford does figure out what the problem is, my dealer will still give me a hard time. It just sucks that there's no friendly dealerships, they all think we're trying to scam them. In fairness to the dealership, I've not been back in years for service because of the anxiety that builds when I think about it. With the Boss, I've seriously contemplated sitting down with the Service Manager (who knows my wife and I) and explaining that I've got the problem but I'm willing to invest my own time and money into it if he's willing to work with me to get the issue resolved. I'm just discouraged because it's been a known issue for years and they (Ford) hasn't gotten it resolved or even figured out the cause. I sold my '11 GT within 9 months of buying it new, for the same issue. I thought buying a late model '12 would have given me better luck.

What's worse, I've bought more than 10 cars from this dealership over the years and am very loyal to Ford. They make it REALLY hard to keep coming back. With Mustangs hitting the mid $40's range, it's starting to get more and more tempting to start looking elsewhere...

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
LOL, I usually void my warranty within 24 hours with a tune. With my current car, I went with the TracKey tune instead. Like I said, I don't mind taking responsibility for those things that I create or cause. What sucks is knowing if I put a shifter on the car and Ford does figure out what the problem is, my dealer will still give me a hard time. It just sucks that there's no friendly dealerships, they all think we're trying to scam them. In fairness to the dealership, I've not been back in years for service because of the anxiety that builds when I think about it. With the Boss, I've seriously contemplated sitting down with the Service Manager (who knows my wife and I) and explaining that I've got the problem but I'm willing to invest my own time and money into it if he's willing to work with me to get the issue resolved. I'm just discouraged because it's been a known issue for years and they (Ford) hasn't gotten it resolved or even figured out the cause. I sold my '11 GT within 9 months of buying it new, for the same issue. I thought buying a late model '12 would have given me better luck.

What's worse, I've bought more than 10 cars from this dealership over the years and am very loyal to Ford. They make it REALLY hard to keep coming back. With Mustangs hitting the mid $40's range, it's starting to get more and more tempting to start looking elsewhere...

^ I bought a 2011 Shelby GT500 before I bought my 12 Boss, and had a major 1-2 grind. My local Ford dealer rebuilt the transmission with upgraded parts, which never took care of the problem, got so frustrated I sold the car. I also had the same grind in my 08Z, same tr6060, so I'm very sensitive when it comes to transmissions. I also had a subaru with a ppg dogbox, which was supposed to be indestructible (for the low low price of $7,000) and blew into 1000 pieces in 60 miles. Needless to say I'm tickled pink with my mt-82 :lol1:

We'll see how she holds up this fall, I plan on having some fun at the drag strip.

Users who are viewing this thread