2013 Boss 302R build thread(PIC HEAVY)

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Woah, I look forward to seeing this car come together. I love my '13 302S!

GCubersoldat

Established Member
Been very very busy with work and a ton of other things lately, havent had time to make an update but here it is:

purchased an APR carbon fiber wing for the car and mounted it. all body panels are on and suspension is 100% complete including sway bars, control arms, etc. Motor is in and Tranny is finally back from the shop and ready to put in...heres the latest:

20160928_195825_800x600_zpsb9dxifuj.jpg

20160928_195810_800x600_zpst9ypq1k5.jpg

oldmodman

Established Member
It's always inspiring to see someone actually do what I have always wanted to do. But time and even more time always got in the way.
Did you strip off the seam sealer and fully stitch/weld all the seams? And any gusseting done? Or boxing in the suspension attach points?
Or did the first team do all that when they raced it. What a great find to use as the base for your build. Keep up the great work.

GCubersoldat

Established Member
It's always inspiring to see someone actually do what I have always wanted to do. But time and even more time always got in the way.
Did you strip off the seam sealer and fully stitch/weld all the seams? And any gusseting done? Or boxing in the suspension attach points?
Or did the first team do all that when they raced it. What a great find to use as the base for your build. Keep up the great work.

The Boss 302R's came from factory with stich welds across the entire chassis at every point along with the cage and all. been slowly but surely putting the car together, finding good deals where i can. Struck gold and found someone with the original fuel system complete that has it for sale so that will be next step

GCubersoldat

Established Member
Long needed update, been busy with life and the girlfriend. baby on the way so have to finish now before he comes lol.
-sourced out an ATL kevlar fuel bladder used in the original 302R cars(was a royal PITA to find for under $2,000 lol)
-replaced quarter panel that had dents in it
-started installing control pack and engine harness with wiring
-Purchased and installed original boss 302R Ford Racing Radiator
-little odds and ends replaced(broken t fitting for cooling system, upper and lower rad hoses, oil cooler, diff cooler, etc)
-slowly but surely doing prep work on the body to be able to paint it finally and have it all one color

goal is to have the car finished and on the track by late january. at the rate im going it will be complete by then. last steps are to buy the ATL fill plates along with the remaining part of the fuel system, throw a set of headers on, fab some exhaust, and bolt up a driveshaft and itll be able to move under its own power finally.
IMG_1880.JPG
IMG_2138.jpg
IMG_1883.JPG
IMG_2240.JPG

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
This project has me grinning. Looking forward to seeing it all done and wish you luck on getting there

GCubersoldat

Established Member
What an incredible find!

Car is out of Miami...are you in Miami or Broward Co?

Yeah the car is from Miami, I’m in south broward but purchased it from north Miami Beach , do you have any info on how the car ended up there?

CO Mack

Established Member
Yeah the car is from Miami, I’m in south broward but purchased it from north Miami Beach , do you have any info on how the car ended up there?

No, sorry. I'm new to the area, and a corner carver at heart (have a 350R). Need to get these things up to PBIR

GCubersoldat

Established Member
No, sorry. I'm new to the area, and a corner carver at heart (have a 350R). Need to get these things up to PBIR

Ah cool man. PBIR is definitely fun but homestead is definitely a more fun track atleast for me and if you’re willing to make the two hour drive north then Sebring is the ultimate track to max out a car. Welcome to South Florida!

GCubersoldat

Established Member
A4321399-66F1-4CDC-9F51-63040E274146.jpeg
6965184E-2AF4-4843-9C53-15269DF3CA4E.jpeg
View attachment 1441018 View attachment 1441019
Update: Have finished purchasing the remaining pieces for the car. Found a racing team that had raced a 302R and had a bunch of spares. This includes:
-ATL quick refueling dry break system
-ATL plates for the bladder
-4 Bosch pumps(2 lift and 2 main) for fuel bladder
-original set of Boss 302R BBS wheels with new continental racing wet tires
-Headers
-aluminum one piece driveshaft
-custom oil cooler for motor and differential
-Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
-bunch of more stuff I’m probably forgetting

First wave of shipments came in today, expecting the rest of it to come in by next week. I now have what I need to finish the car and will be tackling it now to hopefully finish by the new year

Users who are viewing this thread