2013 Boss 302R build thread(PIC HEAVY)

GCubersoldat

Established Member
Yet another update.

Had the shaftmasters Driveshaft and when the time came to install it, it seems the 302R flange on the rear end is different than the regular GT one, as it is shorter and has a completely different flange setup. After speaking with Shaftmasters again on the phone, they were more than happy to fix the issue and fabricate one which was the right length and had the right flange. Amazing customer service!
IMG_3780.jpg
IMG_3781.jpg

Installed Headers...i can see why doing them in these cars are such a royal PITA. After using a BFH, a couple of gallons of elbow grease and some bloody knuckles i managed to slide them in after lifting the motor a little off the mounts to give for extra clearance on the passenger side. Installed Stage 8 locking bolts as well to ensure i wont be touching them again anytime soon.
IMG_3785.jpg
IMG_3786.jpg
IMG_3782.jpg

finished buttoning up most of the things in the engine bay. Just need to bleed the brakes and clutch then its off to the body shop on monday. Local plastidip shop offered a partial sponsorship for the car so i'll post before/after pics probably by the end of next week.
IMG_3626.jpg

GCubersoldat

Established Member
Finally got the car sent to paint...super excited!

Dropping it off:
IMG_3871.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

Primed and ready to go:

IMG_3915.JPG

IMG_3914.JPG

Went with a comp orange:

IMG_3916.JPG

IMG_3917.JPG

IMG_3918.JPG

Huge thanks to Dip n Rip Customs in Miami for the outstanding work, went with Proline for paint which is a variant of plasti dip, easier for the race car in case of an accident, looks identical to a wrap, just prime and spray with no prep work needed and the color code is directly on their website. Getting it back tomorrow afternoon and will post pics of it fully re-assembled. Last thing to do is wiring, alignment, and the car will be ready for its first test run around Sebring!

_Snake_

Established Member
Let us know when you’re headed to Sebring. I’d love to come out and meet you, see the car, etc.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Amazing. Great job!!

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Oh wow, I missed the last couple of updates on this but I've been following it since the first post. It's great to see the thing all finished up.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Very nice, looking forward to seeing it go!

GCubersoldat

Established Member
well its been quite a long time...about a year and a half to be exact. Heres the update:

-Car will be running and operational by end of month, only things missing are to finish wiring of control pack and to do plumbing on oil cooler and oil filter relocation

-after around 6-7 months where the car was on the trailer outside the plasti dip has faded and been stained, will be going with grabber blue PAINT once the car is running as a homage to my old 2014 grabber blue procharged GT before it was rear ended by a drunk driver at 60 MPH. Dip seems too fragile for race car usage unfortunately. oil from working on vehicle ate through dip, stained, etc etc.

-Exhaust will be side exit dumping under rear of rocker panels for now, eventually will bring it up and have proper side exit exhaust via rear quarter

-debating on Racepak IQ3 or IQ3S, and which tuning company to go for. Lund treated me well in the past, but its been about 3 years since ive paid attention to the quality of the tunes from all of the companies. any recommendations?

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
Great job...I can appreciate all of the hard work that went into this.

Greg

GCubersoldat

Established Member
latest update, had to bring in some help to finish it as time has been limited. Oil cooler is in, all wiring under the hood is done, engine turns over and starter along with all accessories are on. Belts are going to be picked up tomorrow and hopefully either friday or monday the car will crank up. it has been more than a 3 year journey and thanks to the help of so many people i finally see the light at the end of the tunnel...
IMG_6769.JPG
IMG_6770.JPG
IMG_6771.JPG
IMG_6774.JPG
IMG_6780.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread