2013 Boss 302 with 2013 GT500 Quad Exhaust

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I'm going to play the opposite of everyone else.

I hate it. All sport cars that have been around for years have there pieces that make their identities. One of the Mustangs is it don't use quad exhaust tips.(and yes I know some Boss or Mach 1 in the late 60's/early 70's had quad tips) Quad tip exhaust on the new GT500 looks like Ford is just trying to copy Vette, T/A, GTR, etc. Ford is going to piss me off if they start making this the Mustang trend. I'd rather drive a EVO or something then a Ford trying to follow GM's styling leads. I have no respect for SVT design engineers adding this useless, and unattractive mod. If I had a 2013 GT500 it would get the exact opposite of what you did to your Boss.
We certainlly wouldn't want to mess with the strong heritage of Mustang dual exhaust. Especially for the sake of looks alone.

2-800-oemexteriorview-54057.jpg

Looks like they copied the vette exhaust almost exactly. :rolling:

2008_chevrolet_corvette_r34_fd_1_500.jpg

NJSP117

Established Member
Looks great! If you want to sell your stock valence let me know!!!
Will do! Is your valance removable? Or would you need to cut it?

We certainlly wouldn't want to mess with the strong heritage of Mustang dual exhaust. Especially for the sake of looks alone.

2-800-oemexteriorview-54057.jpg

Looks like they copied the vette exhaust almost exactly. :rolling:

2008_chevrolet_corvette_r34_fd_1_500.jpg

Well, to each his own I guess...at least now mustang owners have a choice. The GT500 mufflers are actually side cut, not down cut. And with the lines on the rear of the car, it's actually a better flow to the back end then the single outlets....

IMG_2280.jpg

NJSP117

Established Member
I would have to cut it but I'm ok with that lol

Ok, I'll let you know. There is a small scratch on it which happened when I took it off, but I don't think it's really visible, but I'd sell it to you cheap, like $75.00 if you want it. Let me know.
Bill

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
Ok, I'll let you know. There is a small scratch on it which happened when I took it off, but I don't think it's really visible, but I'd sell it to you cheap, like $75.00 if you want it. Let me know.
Bill

Sounds good to me!

sent on the mobile using an app thingy

rosem32

Established Member
I think I might do this exhaust on my BOSS, since it's not permanent it wouldn't cause issues. ( I would keep all stock parts) :)

FreddieG

Established Member
Any soundclips with the combo? I have the shelby quads and would like to hear with the boss? Is it deeper, louder, etc?

NJSP117

Established Member
Any soundclips with the combo? I have the shelby quads and would like to hear with the boss? Is it deeper, louder, etc?

Its def deeper and louder than stock. I had swapped the single tip GT500 axlebacks when I bought the car, and these are about the same...
Tough to get an accurate soundclip through a computer...the best sound is the gurgling the quad pipes make when you back off the gas...

Looks awesome, thanks to you I'm doing mine the same way. :)

Thanks! Good luck...it was all pretty easy...

Users who are viewing this thread