2013 Boss 302 with 2013 GT500 Quad Exhaust

NJSP117

Established Member
I was thinking about this to mine. It looks awesome, great job!

Where did you order the valance from?

Thanks. You can get the valance through Tousley Ford for pretty cheap...I think it was like $165...ask for Steve at Tousley....he's really good. Knows everything.

NJSP117

Established Member
That looks sick man! I dig it

Thanks! I like the look much better than the single outlet....just makes the rear end look somewhat unique.

i've been wanting to do this for months. looks awesome.

Thanks! Only took like 2 hours total....

Looks terrific:thumbsup: Are those the 2013 mufflers?

Yep, they are 13 GT500 mufflers. Got them in the marketplace from one of the forum members.

Looks Fantastic man...Nice pics and write up man..

-Brian

Thanks man!

Jroc

Established Member
I'm going to play the opposite of everyone else.

I hate it. All sport cars that have been around for years have there pieces that make their identities. One of the Mustangs is it don't use quad exhaust tips.(and yes I know some Boss or Mach 1 in the late 60's/early 70's had quad tips) Quad tip exhaust on the new GT500 looks like Ford is just trying to copy Vette, T/A, GTR, etc. Ford is going to piss me off if they start making this the Mustang trend. I'd rather drive a EVO or something then a Ford trying to follow GM's styling leads. I have no respect for SVT design engineers adding this useless, and unattractive mod. If I had a 2013 GT500 it would get the exact opposite of what you did to your Boss.

Obviously this is your car and you should do what you want with it, but this is JMO on the how quad tip exhausts that Fords trying to make a fad with the Mustang. It's a pointless waste on extra metal that adds weight and puts too much tailpipe on the car.

Last edited:

NJSP117

Established Member
I'm going to play the opposite of everyone else.

I hate it. All sport cars that have been around for years have there pieces that make their identities. One of the Mustangs is it don't use quad exhaust tips.(and yes I know some Boss or Mach 1 in the late 60's/early 70's had quad tips) Quad tip exhaust on the new GT500 looks like Ford is just trying to copy Vette, T/A, GTR, etc. Ford is going to piss me off if they start making this the Mustang trend. I'd rather drive a EVO or something then a Ford trying to follow GM's styling leads. I have no respect for SVT design engineers adding this useless, and unattractive mod. If I had a 2013 GT500 it would get the exact opposite of what you did to your Boss.

Obviously this is your car and you should do what you want with it, but this is JMO on the how quad tip exhausts that Fords trying to make a fad with the Mustang. It's a pointless waste on extra metal that adds weight and puts too much tailpipe on the car.

Lol. No worries....everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's the opposite for me. I like the fact that it makes the back end a little more unique than any other mustang. It also flows nicely with the way the back end is designed. I'm not so concerned about the weight savings at this point...as I can't imagine that it makes more than a 2-3lb difference. But it's all good...not everyone will like it and that's why there's still the option of having a single outlet. :beer:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
The argument from the Ford purest is that Ford doesn't do "quad" exhausts, well tell that to vette owners who had to put up with no "pop up" headlights. Designs change, trends emerge, new beginnings happen.

Users who are viewing this thread