2013 Boss 302 with 2013 GT500 Quad Exhaust

NJSP117

Established Member
When the pics of the 2013 GT500 quad exhaust came out, I really liked the look as opposed to the 2012 single exhaust. When I picked up my 2013 Boss, I decided to try the 2012 GT500 axlebacks. They sounded really good, louder and deeper then the stock Boss exhaust, but I still wanted the quad outlets of the 2013. I looked into it a bit and it appears the rear bumper cover on the GT500 and the Boss are the same. It's the valance that is a bit different to allow for the quad outlets on the 2013 axlebacks. I picked up the valance and it popped right on in place of the Boss valance. Just took about 8 fasteners and an hour to take off. Then maybe 15 minutes to put the new one on. Pretty simple...and very easy to change back if I get tired of the look....attached are some pics before and after.....what do you think? Lots of pics...:pop:

Pics of the original valance with the 2012 GT500 mufflers...

IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

Here are some pics of the rear side showing the fasteners and how easy they are to get to...

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

Here are the fasteners that have to come off....

IMG_2269.jpg

Couple pics of the rear of the car without the valance....

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

And a couple pics of the rear with the GT500 valance installed, just waiting to install the quad axlebacks. The reflectors do have to be swapped out of the Boss and onto the GT500 valance....

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

And now with the axlebacks installed....

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

And the finished product....what do you think?

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

The sound is great...not much different than the 2012 axle backs, but it does look better, at least to me. And the best part is, it's a 90 minute job to take the car back to stock if I ever wanted or needed to do so.

Just waiting for my black Forgestar rims and tires to arrive and I think the process to make the car my own will be complete....at least for now :dw:

Thanks to forum member Michel for supplying the axlebacks and for being such a stand up guy about the whole transaction....:beer:

whiplash306

Established Member
NJSP117, that looks FANTASTIC! Like most mods for this car (that consequently I don't even own yet - ha!), I'm back and forth on a desired mod path. Was wondering if you'd mind a good side shot of your car with your current wheels as I am considering them for my upcoming BOSS....!

NJSP117

Established Member
NJSP117, that looks FANTASTIC! Like most mods for this car (that consequently I don't even own yet - ha!), I'm back and forth on a desired mod path. Was wondering if you'd mind a good side shot of your car with your current wheels as I am considering them for my upcoming BOSS....!

Thanks man! I appreciate that! The only side shot I have right now is below. We are getting hammered with hurricane Sandy right now, or I'd take a new shot....hoping to get my new wheels early next week, but here is a shot with the SVTPP wheels.....:beer:
Bill

Image2.jpg

NJSP117

Established Member
Looks good

Now all u need is the 5.8l.

I know right....just love the way the Boss drives compared to the GT500...much more useable power on the road. I have a 13 GT500 ordered, but may have to pass once it come in....this one is way too fun...and since I don't hit the 1/4 mile with it....might be a better choice all around. At least for me....

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I know right....just love the way the Boss drives compared to the GT500...much more useable power on the road. I have a 13 GT500 ordered, but may have to pass once it come in....this one is way too fun...and since I don't hit the 1/4 mile with it....might be a better choice all around. At least for me....

I was just joking man. Boss is a great car. :beer:

Enjoy

Boss949

Established Member
NJ,

Thanks! I just installed my Roush AB's and just admiring how great they look for the 5th time today and then you post your pics of the quad exhaust.

JK. They look awesome. Good job.

Stay Dry.

NJSP117

Established Member
NJ,

Thanks! I just installed my Roush AB's and just admiring how great they look for the 5th time today and then you post your pics of the quad exhaust.

JK. They look awesome. Good job.

Stay Dry.

Lol! They do look really good...just a different look than the standard single out each side.
Hard to stay dry....90-100mph winds and raining like crazy...I've never seena storm like this. Trees up all over the place.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Everything you have done meshes seamlessly. The angularity between the body creases and the placement of those tips is a perfect match. Ford sure has come a long way when it comes to parts interchange. Good job exploiting it!

So what backspacing and wheel widths are you going with? I've considered going the same route as I really want more out back. A 315 would suffice for me...

NJSP117

Established Member
Everything you have done meshes seamlessly. The angularity between the body creases and the placement of those tips is a perfect match. Ford sure has come a long way when it comes to parts interchange. Good job exploiting it!

So what backspacing and wheel widths are you going with? I've considered going the same route as I really want more out back. A 315 would suffice for me...

Thanks Tob...I agree on the look of the way the tips flow with the body. it is cool that so many parts are interchangeable. Allowed me to swap out the rear spoiler with doing nothing other than painting it and bolting it on and the same with the rear valance.

The wheels at 20x9 front with a + 33 offset and 20x11 rear with a +53. Tires are 255/35/20 and 305/35/20. Not sure a 315 would fit....
Bill

5 DOT 0

Established Member
The quad exhaust looks terrific and it looks even better on a Boss than the GT500. ;-)

NJSP117

Established Member
LOL, I was going to say the same thing. While it looks good it looks like someone wanted a GT500. ;)

I know, I know...couple thinks I didn't like were the oem wheels and the mini spoiler, but it's all interchangeable, so I swapped some stuff around....I'm getting new wheels this week, to replace the SVTPP wheels, so that'll be different....

I like the quad exhaust. Looks really good man!
You need to post a sound clip sometime.
Thanks! I hesitated putting sound clips up cause they never sound as good on the computer as they do in person...

Looks good man!

Thanks!

The quad exhaust looks terrific and it looks even better on a Boss than the GT500. ;-)
I agree 100%!! Lol! Thanks!

Wow your Boss has quad+2 exhaust system! looks great and nice pics/write up.:beer:

Thanks! Yea, kinda like a hectexhaust...lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread