2013 Boss 302 Pricing?

86Fbody

Established Member
Apple has a GB one as well.

I would suggest against Apple, talked to one of the sales guys and he said he would "gauge" whoever bought a car off the showroom floor instead of buying the car before it arrives at the dealership.

monsterpost

Established Member
I'm looking at maybe getting a 2013 boss in GTHIG. The dealer here in town has one and there are asking sticker for it. I drove a used 2012 boss they have on the lot and it was alot of fun.

I have the 1st allocation for a 2014 GT500 with the same dealer and I'm really liking the Boss so tomorrow I'm going to go there after work and see what kind of deal I can work out. The deal for the GT500 is at invoice; long story on how I worked that out.

I know the boss isn't going to be anywhere near as fast as the 2014 GT500 but the car still intriges me.

poof100

Established Member
I would suggest against Apple, talked to one of the sales guys and he said he would "gauge" whoever bought a car off the showroom floor instead of buying the car before it arrives at the dealership.

Yeah, another typical dealer, put a low price online and then "claim" it was a mistake. Not the first for sure. I'm somewhat lucky as my dealer I buy lots of cars from is fair and honest and it also doesn't hurt that they are usually a top 5 dealer in the country every month. The good ones are few and far between.

guarnibl

Established Member
Out of curiosity, did you have the dealer install your FR Supercharger kit?

Thanks

No we did it ourselves. Ford doesn't sell the tune yet . The kit works perfect with the boss minus you need to buy a purge solenoid for $120.00. I got my tune from competition auto in North Carolina -- Carl is a great tuner and tuned the 302 LS in the mustangs 5.0 magazine. Google corkscrew boss 302.

You won't be able to get the tune from ford and have the dealer install it to keep your warranty. That said its still a good deal and hassle free with the tune from comp auto!

No drag times yet -- I don't really drag the car but ill say this -- it pulls as hard as my GT-R did. You don't lose any of the feeling of the stock car -- it's just a metric shitton faster

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
How so? Who did you talk to?

Talked to the Internet Sales Manager, said MSRP and they sent me some nonsense quote. I told him, if he honored the pricing online for either the Red or GB one they have, I would have gone there on Saturday to buy it. The GB i'm waiting on is due any day this week and I have a deal on it for under MSRP but not as low as what Apple advertised and has now taken down.

TRDon

Established Member
Got mine for 1k under sticker. I thought i didnt do very good on it until i started seeing people talk pricing on forums. I wasnt going to buy a boss, just a gt, we just kind of happened to go that route because we, my wife and i both, liked the interior better, loved the seats, and the motor is boost friendly and i know i am going to boost it.

poof100

Established Member
No we did it ourselves. Ford doesn't sell the tune yet . The kit works perfect with the boss minus you need to buy a purge solenoid for $120.00. I got my tune from competition auto in North Carolina -- Carl is a great tuner and tuned the 302 LS in the mustangs 5.0 magazine. Google corkscrew boss 302.

You won't be able to get the tune from ford and have the dealer install it to keep your warranty. That said its still a good deal and hassle free with the tune from comp auto!

No drag times yet -- I don't really drag the car but ill say this -- it pulls as hard as my GT-R did. You don't lose any of the feeling of the stock car -- it's just a metric shitton faster

Thanks for the feedback. That's what I thought about the tune and the kit. I have a deal on a Boss right now that is supposed to show up any day, but with the 2014 GT500 banks opening, I'm a little torn right now. I know the car won't stay stock, and was looking at the FRPP Whipple Kit or the Hellion TT kit for the Boss.

Thanks for the feedback, back to pricing :D

guarnibl

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. That's what I thought about the tune and the kit. I have a deal on a Boss right now that is supposed to show up any day, but with the 2014 GT500 banks opening, I'm a little torn right now. I know the car won't stay stock, and was looking at the FRPP Whipple Kit or the Hellion TT kit for the Boss.

Thanks for the feedback, back to pricing :D

If it helps any, I drove both the Boss 302 and the GT500 -- price was not a concern for me so I would have bought the GT500 had I liked it more.

At the end of the day, the GT500 is simply a touring vehicle -- the Boss feels more raw, and is a very significant amount more fun to drive (hands down) than the GT500. After driving the Boss, there is simply no way I would take a GT500 over the Boss any day of the week. I don't care how much power it has -- it's like comparing the M6 to the M3.

Turbo might be more efficient/easier on the compression -- i just wanted roots power.

Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member
Talked to the Internet Sales Manager, said MSRP and they sent me some nonsense quote. I told him, if he honored the pricing online for either the Red or GB one they have, I would have gone there on Saturday to buy it. The GB i'm waiting on is due any day this week and I have a deal on it for under MSRP but not as low as what Apple advertised and has now taken down.

See your PM

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
If it helps any, I drove both the Boss 302 and the GT500 -- price was not a concern for me so I would have bought the GT500 had I liked it more.

At the end of the day, the GT500 is simply a touring vehicle -- the Boss feels more raw, and is a very significant amount more fun to drive (hands down) than the GT500. After driving the Boss, there is simply no way I would take a GT500 over the Boss any day of the week. I don't care how much power it has -- it's like comparing the M6 to the M3.

Turbo might be more efficient/easier on the compression -- i just wanted roots power.

Thanks for the feedback. This is not the first time I've heard this. I like the roots blower a lot but didn't want to have to give up the Boss Intake, where with the TT or Procharger kits you keep the intake.

monsterpost

Established Member
Pick up mine this Saturday, $500 under sticker. Not the best price but the dealer is only 5 minutes away. GTHIG, seats, rearend and a cover. Just in time to put it away for the winter:(

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
I'm still searching for a good deal on one. I am checking with Exchange New Car Sales to see what they can do, if anything. A good friends dad gets X price thru his company but Ford doesn't allow it on the BOSS or GT500 : (
If anyone comes across a great deal feel free to pass it my way!

kbroush

Established Member
I paid 44k even for mine. GHIG, recaro seats and torsion. I just ordered the car cover! I live in Iowa so I think I got a great deal on mine since there is limited quantities of them around here. I still drove 200 miles to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread