2012 Kona Blue 5.0

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
Finally washed the car and went out to take some daytime-ish pics :thumbsup:

Also added the 7mm spacer to the rears, effectively making the rear offset +33. Really happy with how it turned out!

DSC01770.jpg

DSC01792-2.jpg

DSC01809.jpg

DSC01819.jpg

DSC01840.jpg

DSC01876.jpg

DSC01908.jpg

DSC01921.jpg

Last edited:

t-ray

Established Member
Dude, your car just pisses me off. It's so gorgeous. I want that stance, and I want those wheels.

I've contacted an online vendor inquiring about the wheels, and they haven't responded in over a week. Likewise, I contacted Stance directly, and still haven't heard a response.

Do you have any concern with running spacers? Did you have to run longer studs with the 7mm spacers?

Digital_Synapse

Established Member
Dude, I have a very hard time believing your car doesnt hit. The tire must contact the wheel well. If not it doesn't allow ANY travel whatsoever, and the ride has to be complete crap, lol. I just can't wrap my head around it. I had more gap, and that's not saying much, and the tire traveled INTO my wheel well. Yours looks flush, which in my mind would hit. I saw mine by filming a GoPro level with the tire, and watching it tuck.

That color, and that set of wheels/finish look ridiculous awesome man. Good job. Snazzy pics too. Got a flickr acct?

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
Dude, your car just pisses me off. It's so gorgeous. I want that stance, and I want those wheels.

I've contacted an online vendor inquiring about the wheels, and they haven't responded in over a week. Likewise, I contacted Stance directly, and still haven't heard a response.

Do you have any concern with running spacers? Did you have to run longer studs with the 7mm spacers?

Got mines through GetYourWheels.com: Wheel and Tire Packages|Staggered Wheels|Custom Wheels|Luxury Rims be warned though, I've had like 17 other people ask me where I got them from lol so they may become the next Forgestars (as in seeing them on everyone's car after Digital_Synapse posted his car with em)

No concern, I drive the piss out of this car on turns and it's fine. General rule of thumb is to get extended studs if you're going with a spacer bigger than 10mm.

Dude, I have a very hard time believing your car doesnt hit. The tire must contact the wheel well. If not it doesn't allow ANY travel whatsoever, and the ride has to be complete crap, lol. I just can't wrap my head around it. I had more gap, and that's not saying much, and the tire traveled INTO my wheel well. Yours looks flush, which in my mind would hit. I saw mine by filming a GoPro level with the tire, and watching it tuck.

That color, and that set of wheels/finish look ridiculous awesome man. Good job. Snazzy pics too. Got a flickr acct?

It doesn't hit anything and I still have fenderliners and haven't touched the fenders in terms of a roll or anything haha.

Rides really smooth as well. It's all in the coilover man! I'm very glad I went with Fortune Auto over BC's or something. Proper dampening + spring rates +alignment and everything works as it should while looking good:D

I'm on my way to the track right now to slide it around a bit so i'll try to get some GoPro footage of the fenders on very hard cornering/sliding.

I appreciate it man, just didn't want to get Forgestars like everyone else lol

I do not have a flickr (not a fan) but can email highres jpegs to anyone that wants it

Last edited:

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
Got some pictures at the track this past Saturday!

I decided to use my leftover 16" 300zx wheels from my old 240sx, it's usually nissan guys using mustang wheels :thumbsup:
576338_10150797426325944_508420943_12043501_1801245099_n.jpg

305538_10150797420675944_508420943_12043473_1051312259_n.jpg

And the reason for the tape on the rear quarters:

540606_10150798834390944_508420943_12048047_271417260_n.jpg

And the video of the entire day:
Driftvalley I on Vimeo

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
Felt awesome!

I could've used some better tires since I had almost no traction on the ones I brought on the Z wheels. a 235-245 tire seems to be the sweet spot for car control via the throttle, at least with stock power.

I also really need a hydro ebrake setup but don't know where I would put it in my interior
:shrug:

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
yeah the tires made momentary contact a few times on some of the harder turns, nothing to write home about though since both tire and fender look fine :)

My fronts do stick out more than the rear (offset is +28 front and +32 rear, after spacers)

I also have about -2 camber up front, helps with contact patch when at full lock.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
yeah the tires made momentary contact a few times on some of the harder turns, nothing to write home about though since both tire and fender look fine :)

My fronts do stick out more than the rear (offset is +28 front and +32 rear, after spacers)

I also have about -2 camber up front, helps with contact patch when at full lock.

it's weird looking man, lol

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
Haha I think it looks badass! Don't get me wrong, I like meaty rear tires just as much - but this is what is functional when you're going sideways. And all I care about is being able to spin the rear tires faster than the fronts :rolling:

Vaughn Gittin Jr's car for reference:
557640_10150708918429242_173966519241_9278064_96055712_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread