2012 Kona Blue 5.0

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
Finally got around to getting the new wheels on!

:banana:

Specs are:

19x9.5 +35 Front, plus a 7mm spacer to clear the Brembo's, making the final offset +28
19x9.5 +40 Rear, thinking about adding a 7mm spacer back there to push em out a little more or maybe getting a 265-275 tire in the future

Swapped over the factory 255/40 Pzero's all around till I can afford new tires

Here are pics!! (Please excuse the ridiculous amount of pollen coating the entire car):

DSC01131.gif

DSC01137.gif

DSC01149.gif

DSC01158.gif

DSC01167.gif

DSC01182.gif

DSC01196.gif

And an interior shot:
DSC01201.gif

BUstang

Established Member
Where did you purchase the modified end links? How's the overall ride quality on pot-hole ridden roads etc?

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
They are replicas of the Vossen's made by Stance Wheels.

My endlinks were custom made in-house by a shop called Sikky in MD. Here's a pic:
417458_377684532257990_113509115342201_1525676_767162230_n.jpg

Rides great due the the awesome coilovers and it's not bad on potholes either.

kingnut

Established Member
turka how much those endlinks run you? also wheels look great.

BUstang

Established Member
Turka,

Could you snap a few shots in direct sunlight? I'm very interested in Kona, but I'm having a hard time finding quality pictures of the paint when it is noon outside etc. I want to see that thing shine!

Also, avoid using HDR effects etc. I want to see it with little post-processing. Thanks :hug:

mikestoyz

Established Member
Turka,

Could you snap a few shots in direct sunlight? I'm very interested in Kona, but I'm having a hard time finding quality pictures of the paint when it is noon outside etc. I want to see that thing shine!

Also, avoid using HDR effects etc. I want to see it with little post-processing. Thanks :hug:

It's a lighter metallic blue in direct sun.

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
Here's the best/most accurate pic I could find online of how it looks in the sun:
DSC_0666.JPG

It's so metallic that it's almost a candy blue

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
Hey what's up man - how have you been? Thanks, I went a bit of a different route than most mustang owners lol. I'm about to do my first drift event with it this weekend, if you're free on saturday you should come up!

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
I was going to say those vossen reps look good, but then I zoomed in and saw how low your gas prices are. I'm just angry and want to move to the US now... In all the pics where I cannot see cheap gas, your car looks amazing though

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
I was going to say those vossen reps look good, but then I zoomed in and saw how low your gas prices are. I'm just angry and want to move to the US now... In all the pics where I cannot see cheap gas, your car looks amazing though

Haha thanks, it's at $4.15 for 93 now so it actually dropped .02 cents

Looks awesome dude. Glad to finally see a 5.0 owner go the stance route.

Edit*- Pretty sure i recognize you miata from stanceworks.

Thanks, I consider this to be far from "stance" though. That's like when your tucking tires all around and can't turn fast w/o chunks of tire flying off lol. I just didn't like the massive 4x4 wheel gap they come with from factory and wasn't a fan of making matters worse by getting 20's to fill it out on stock suspension :D

That Miata is actually my friend Josh's car, he lives fairly close to me and whores out multiple stance forums on a regular basis. He is properly "stanced".

Users who are viewing this thread