2012 GT500 or 2013 BOSS??

61mmstang94

Established Member
Didn't know about the heads/cams and forged internals, I like the Boss, but everytime I see one I just think of a 5.0 with Boss decals.

To most people (people who arent car enthusiasts/mustang enthusiasts) they won't know the difference.

(inverted to show the resemblence)
s49nkk.jpg

2q23f3a.jpg

Now these 2 look identical, but still GT500 baby!

ncbhiv.jpg

2nls10w.jpg

This reminds me of the '03-'04 days with the Mach1 and the '03 Cobras. I would like the higher-end model please!

And you only like the gt500 because you're a car guy and know what it is. To most people they also don't know the difference if they see a gt500 or a gt. and many would prefer the appearance of the boss while many also prefer gt500. Both are good cars, though.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Have you drag raced yours? I have a friend that has one same year as yours. The only gripe he has is the clutch slips with drag radials.I was going by the Corvette i used to own about the hop.The Z doent hop? Great. My buds car has a tune,CIA,and long tubes and it has ran 103-105 mph in the 1/8th! That is badass for sure.But i am sure the Boss's clutch would slip as well at the dragstrip after a few 4500rpm launches!:beer:

c6z is in a whole different league. nothing ford currently makes even comes remotely close---trust me.

coposrv

Established Member
Difficult pick for sure. It's hard to turn away from the flag ship but the boss is everything I would want. They're big time impressive with some forced induction too. My vote BOSS!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
BOSS. yep, and i own a gt500. go for the boss---they are over-achievers

That's nice to hear from a current GT-500 owner. I would personally go with the 2013 Boss, as well. Not that I wouldn't want to own a (2013 only!) GT-500. But the Boss would be BOSS for me. And an absolute joy on the street and twisties. In either GIHIG or Grabber Blue. :rockon:

Last edited:

MNCobra

Established Member
i currently have a 2013 Roush Stage 3 but i am trading it in on a 2013 GT500...i had my eye on a 2013 Boss LS but didnt like not having a back seat and some of the interior options so in the end i decided to go to the 2013 GT500...i loved my Roush but since i had the chance to go to a Shelby i took it...i am hoping to stick with the GT500 cus its getting damn expensive only keeping my car for a year and replacing it....

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
There was a GHIG Boss at the dealership about 20 miles away,so i was going over there anyway so i stopped for a look. AWESOME. I do want to go drive a Shelby before i decide tho...

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Why do people dog on 12' gt500's? It's still a ****ing gt500 and the benchmark ride. What's wrong with the 12?

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Go with the Boss 302. I have driven both and both are great cars but the Boss with the track key is awesome and handles like it's on rails. I just did a track weekend at Willow Springs this weekend with my Cobra and there were 2 new Bosses running and they were very fast.

cobracrazee

Established Member
I would wait a year and grab a 13 Shelby for a reosonable price. If u can't wait get the 12. Shelby all the way

Users who are viewing this thread