2012 GT500 or 2013 BOSS??

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Since I have never driven either I just don't see how a Boss is greater than a gt500 in any form. Gt500's are the benchmark.

SBVERT03

Established Member
Ya personally I'd be looking for a C6Z for that money, but I do realize it would have to be older. Between those two I'd go with the GT500

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
Are you looking for a DD? A flashy Mustang? Drag strip or track car? We need more details.

It will not be a DD. Dragstrip use will be minumum. I have pondered the idea of a C6Z also.But they have clutch issues,and wheel hop? :bash:

I hear a shifter change helps the MT82 a lot? I did see a '12 GT500 yesterday. Kona Blue with red stripes..Damn it looked/sounded great!

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Have you driven both? I have and the boss didn't impress me, felt sluggish and quite as a kitten. Only way I would go boss is for a track car or if you really liked the look and were going to go FI.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I have driven both, except it was a 12 Boss. I have to side with the GT500 just for the sole fact of knowin what you can do with some bolt on's....and Im drag racer oriented.

All around, I would side would the Boss...its an exceptional car. You have to drive one in the corners and twisties to really appreciate it.

Here is a buddy's 2012 Boss I took for a pass and went 12.57@115 bonestock....(non track key)

boss720p - YouTube

I might add we went back with the factory tune, catback, my borrowed 17" DR's from my cobra's and went 11.70's @ 117 2 weeks later.

Last edited:

strongs_2009

Established Member
I have had a 07 GT500 and now a 2013 GT/CS. The GT500 was completely built whipple 4.0 car and I am just starting to build the GT. For the money I would never buy another GT500. The power you can make with these 5.0 motors there is no difference in them and the 5.4 or 5.8. Yeah you dont have to add as much to the 5.4 or 5.8 to make power but look at the price difference in the cars. From the price I paid for my 2013 to the price of a 2013 GT500 i can use that extra money and make it something twice what the GT500 is.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
It will not be a DD. Dragstrip use will be minumum. I have pondered the idea of a C6Z also.But they have clutch issues,and wheel hop? :bash:

I hear a shifter change helps the MT82 a lot? I did see a '12 GT500 yesterday. Kona Blue with red stripes..Damn it looked/sounded great!

I didn't realize my car had clutch issues and wheel hop. Hmm suppose I should go sell it now.

Boss.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
My buddy has a 13 BOSS. It needed warranty work so he gave it to me to take care of it at my dealership and parts are taking a little while to come in. I asked if he wanted it back while parts were on order and he told me to just keep it another couple of days until its finished. That said, I've driven an 03 cobra for a while and a few other cars. This thing is amazing. All it wants to do is grip and the handling is amazing when taking a turn with a little speed. Plenty of power to start out and if you want more, forced induction is a great option. I don't push other people's cars hard so I haven't felt the limits but its amazing so far. Buy a BOSS. Its worth it. And its a limited production car, it'll probably have a better collector value in the long-term future.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
Do '13 Boss owners still get the 'Boss Track Attack' complimentary package like the previous year owners? That's something to consider.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

XtraTQ

Established Member
Between those two, it would be a toss up for me. Personally, I'd save a little more and go for the '13 GT500.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Not sure if trolling.... Different heads, cams, forged internals, and track suspension.
Didn't know about the heads/cams and forged internals, I like the Boss, but everytime I see one I just think of a 5.0 with Boss decals.

To most people (people who arent car enthusiasts/mustang enthusiasts) they won't know the difference.

(inverted to show the resemblence)
s49nkk.jpg

2q23f3a.jpg

Now these 2 look identical, but still GT500 baby!

ncbhiv.jpg

2nls10w.jpg

This reminds me of the '03-'04 days with the Mach1 and the '03 Cobras. I would like the higher-end model please!

YukonRally

Established Member
I'm in the same boat, trying to decide between one of these two. It will either be a black/silver '13 Boss LS, or a 12 GT500. I'm leaning towards the GT500 because it has more creature comforts, leather and doesn't have god awful graphics; but I like the Boss for the NA motor and handling. Mine will be a DD and I think think the Boss is too track oriented for that. I need to find a way to test drive both, sounds like you do too.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Man thats a tough choice. If it was between a 13gt500 and a 13 boss it would be a no brainer, gt500 all the way. But since its a 12gt500, that makes the choice a lot harder. I want to lean toward the gt500 but a 7500rpm 5.0 really intrigues me...

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
I didn't realize my car had clutch issues and wheel hop. Hmm suppose I should go sell it now.

Boss.

Have you drag raced yours? I have a friend that has one same year as yours. The only gripe he has is the clutch slips with drag radials.I was going by the Corvette i used to own about the hop.The Z doent hop? Great. My buds car has a tune,CIA,and long tubes and it has ran 103-105 mph in the 1/8th! That is badass for sure.But i am sure the Boss's clutch would slip as well at the dragstrip after a few 4500rpm launches!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread