2012 Ford Fusion Warranty Help

10splaya22

Established Member
Doesnt the dealership get paid back by the MFGR to cover warranty hours/parts/etc?

I dont see how a dealer would be mad about doing all this warranty work if they are getting reimbursed for it.

Good to hear. Glad it worked out.

I don't think they get paid as much for warranty work...I could be wrong though.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I thought it was common knowledge that the dealer should change the oil while the vehicle is under warranty, to keep it covered. Hell, even my lawn mower gets serviced by the dealer for 5 years to keep it covered.

Anyway, glad it worked out for you.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
All of my local Ford dealers are taking it up the ass with Powertrain claims, mostly due to the DCT Focus/Fiesta garbage and all the Ecoboost garbage. Both Ford and the dealers are looking for ANY excuse not to cover stuff. That, and the OP is leaving key information out of the discussion - his timing "belt" statement shows he's ill-informed about both the car and it's LACK OF MAINTENANCE.

I thought it was common knowledge that the dealer should change the oil while the vehicle is under warranty, to keep it covered. Hell, even my lawn mower gets serviced by the dealer for 5 years to keep it covered.

Anyway, glad it worked out for you.

It would be an argument if the initial diagnosis of failure had anything to do with the lubrication system.

The new cause of failure was camshaft bearings which, unless they could verify with an oil sample and quantity pulled from the pan that it was not changed for a long, long time or that the bearings got starved due to lack of oil, they dont have a case against the owner for voiding the warranty, which sounds like why it has now been resolved.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
It would be an argument if the initial diagnosis of failure had anything to do with the lubrication system.

The new cause of failure was camshaft bearings which, unless they could verify with an oil sample and quantity pulled from the pan that it was not changed for a long, long time or that the bearings got starved due to lack of oil, they dont have a case against the owner for voiding the warranty, which sounds like why it has now been resolved.

That all makes sense, but no way am I giving a dealer "a way out" of covering my car under warranty.

That reminds me, the the wife's Explorer needs to go in for an oil change.:-D

mrlrd1

Established Member
am not sure what exactly caused the motor to go, I think they said something about a cam bearings. They put a new longblock in the car.

That engine, like the mod motor, does not have cam bearings. The cams ride directly on the cylinder head casting. They score when they're starved for oil, and everything goes to shit from there.

Doesnt the dealership get paid back by the MFGR to cover warranty hours/parts/etc?

I dont see how a dealer would be mad about doing all this warranty work if they are getting reimbursed for it.

Dealers have warranty quota, or rather a threshold that they cannot exceed, both in general and in specific repairs. Go over and bad things happen. Warranty work pays shit.

See first response in this post. The cam journal issue has been known problem for decades. Ford even released a TSB for this problem, but in typical Ford fashion, they isolated just a few models from the enormous pool of affected vehicles.

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
Yeah, I know about the warranty threshold that dealers have. I know a Honda dealer here got hit with a big fine for doing a bunch of piston rings.

mrlrd1

Established Member
Yeah, I know about the warranty threshold that dealers have. I know a Honda dealer here got hit with a big fine for doing a bunch of piston rings.

I've had 3-4 2011/12 Odysseys and Pilots come through my bay with fouled plugs due to gap alignment of the rings. Replacing one bank of rings on a DOHC engine in car for 8.5hrs? **** that!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Dealers have warranty quota, or rather a threshold that they cannot exceed, both in general and in specific repairs. Go over and bad things happen. Warranty work pays shit.

Thats ****ing stupid. Like its the dealers fault the MFGR produces shitty cars so they have to turn work away?

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
I've had 3-4 2011/12 Odysseys and Pilots come through my bay with fouled plugs due to gap alignment of the rings. Replacing one bank of rings on a DOHC engine in car for 8.5hrs? **** that!

Damn man! My good friend is a Honda tech and I have learned a thing or two about how everything works.

mrlrd1

Established Member
Thats ****ing stupid. Like its the dealers fault the MFGR produces shitty cars so they have to turn work away?

I agree. It's always been this way, but Ford got really bad about 16 years ago when they introduced the President's Award. Ever see one of those in your local dealer? They get those by ****ing the techs. If it weren't for BG flushes and tokens some guys would barely pull in minimum wage :lol:

SHOdown220

Established Member

I've had a few odysseys and V6 accords with that problem, I love em (easy money for the service advisor) but I know it sucks for the techs. 8.5 hours is ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread