2012 Ford Fusion Warranty Help

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
My parents have a 2012 Ford Fusion that the motor took a shit. We believe it was caused by the timing belt tensioner but we are not certain on that. What we are dealing with now is Ford is not wanting to warranty the motor after my parents was told they needed receipts for all oil changes. We was told they needed one for every six months.

So after we provide the receipts to the dealer, now they are saying that they can't prove those were used for this car. This has been a really big hassle and I am trying to help them out with all of this. Any opinions and help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There's a difference between Ford denying a warranty claim, and a dealer not wanting to deal with it.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
There's a difference between Ford denying a warranty claim, and a dealer not wanting to deal with it.

I assumed it was a dealer giving them issues. Is it Ford denying the claim? If that's the case then it sounds like OP is hosed.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I assumed it was a dealer giving them issues. Is it Ford denying the claim? If that's the case then it sounds like OP is hosed.

I agree. Needs to go see another dealer.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The only other thing I can think of other than talking to another dealer OP, is to contact a Ford service rep like Deysha on this site and seeing what they can offer.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Screams of lazy dealer. Oil changes dont cause timing tensioners to fail.

BTW, what motor and mileage? I have the 2.5 SE, I thought they had timing chains that didnt need replacing? Im at 150k.

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
The car is the four cylinder. The car has around 53k on it.

My parents took it to the dealer around the corner from their house and told them those receipts prove nothing.

I have a guy I know that works at another dealership that is supposed to be helping me out with all of this. I gave him the receipts on December 5th. I talked to him two weeks ago and he just said they was really busy. I would have figured he could have gave me something by now.

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member

The guy I am talking to told me that Ford red flagged the car. We needed receipts and my Dad ended up calling Ford customer service and making somebody mad, lol. I guess that is why Ford red flagged the car.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Contact the ford service rep on the site she maybe able to help you. I have forward the link to this thread to her.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I feel like there is more to this story...
If someone came in needing a motor I would be more than happy to work with them. It's money in my pocket. So it sounds like ford is denying the claim, and they would only do that for a reason.

Let me ask you this, is the car a salvage vehicle?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Something doesnt sound right. Post the VIN and run the Oasis. Timing chains are good for over 200k on most normal wear engines. Sounds like some information is missing from OP or from the dealer.

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
No, there is nothing missing here. The car was bought brand new in April of 2012.

13COBRA went and ran the VIN number and said it didn't look like any warranty work was requested.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
My parents have a 2012 Ford Fusion that the motor took a shit. We believe it was caused by the timing belt tensioner but we are not certain on that. What we are dealing with now is Ford is not wanting to warranty the motor after my parents was told they needed receipts for all oil changes. We was told they needed one for every six months.

So after we provide the receipts to the dealer, now they are saying that they can't prove those were used for this car. This has been a really big hassle and I am trying to help them out with all of this. Any opinions and help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Hello Boosted T-4,

I want to review this and loop in a customer service manager if needed. Please PM me with your parents VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

The only other thing I can think of other than talking to another dealer OP, is to contact a Ford service rep like Deysha on this site and seeing what they can offer.
Contact the ford service rep on the site she maybe able to help you. I have forward the link to this thread to her.
Thank you for the mention, guys!

Deysha

Users who are viewing this thread