2012 Ford Fusion Warranty Help

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Shady dealership practices. I can see them losing a few things if they don't cooperate.

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
I just wanted to update this thread for everyone. The car is not going to get covered. So everyone that has a car under warranty, you better let the dealership change the oil otherwise if something like this happens you won't be covered.

I really appreciate the help that I received from everyone.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I just wanted to update this thread for everyone. The car is not going to get covered. So everyone that has a car under warranty, you better let the dealership change the oil otherwise if something like this happens you won't be covered.

I really appreciate the help that I received from everyone.

Well that sucks! Is this the dealership refusing or Ford not wanting to help? Guess the extended warranty I bought went into the crapper since I do all my own oil changes and do not have receipts.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
have you had it towed elsewhere to get a second opinion?

Still confused as to how a car with a timing chain magically snapped and how that has anything to do with the lubricant used. I dont recall timing chains being lubricated by the engine oil. Hell the only thing I do know that connects the two is on my gf's old Celica (2ZZ motor), the timing chain tensioner was tensioned from engine oil pressure.

If you are still having it fixed I definitely wouldnt give that dealership a cent. Tow it somewhere, grab a used motor online for a grand (or less) and have a shop do the swap.

Then put a brick on the pedal, point the car in the overall direction of the dealership, step out of the car and let off the brake, and let er rip. Call cops and report car stolen. Problem solved. (dont do that, but it sounds so nice........)

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
A guy from Ford called me and basically told me that the receipts I have doesn't tell them that they go directly to the car. I told him to look the part numbers up and they all show that the oil filter goes to a Ford Fusion. He still told me he needed to have those directly to the VIN of that car.

I really don't get it. I'm calling him back tomorrow to see if he has anything else to say. My parents faxed him the receipts to check over. I don't really think that will change anything.

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
Well that sucks! Is this the dealership refusing or Ford not wanting to help? Guess the extended warranty I bought went into the crapper since I do all my own oil changes and do not have receipts.

Yeah, they have the extended warranty as well. What a waste of ****ing money. Let this be a lesson to anyone who changes your own oil. I think Ford will be losing a few customers over all of this.

YJSONLY

Established Member
Wait so if you change your own oil or even have another non ford service station actually do service on the vehicle they will not cover said warranty???? Wait what?!? That's BS.

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
Wait so if you change your own oil or even have another non ford service station actually do service on the vehicle they will not cover said warranty???? Wait what?!? That's BS.

I'm not sure about a place that isn't a dealer. If something major happens to your motor and you change your own oil, I wouldn't expect it to be covered under warranty.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I'm not sure about a place that isn't a dealer. If something major happens to your motor and you change your own oil, I wouldn't expect it to be covered under warranty.

If in fact Ford will NOT cover you, then sell the warranty back to get a few dollars towards fixing the car.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
When you buy parts OTC at a Ford dealer, ask the parts counter person to put your VIN on the receipt, I do it for every invoice that I use a VIN for looking the part up. Also just a receipt from Wally World showing you bought a FL-910S doesn't mean anything, since that filter fits a TON of applications.

Sorry they went against you, but for them to do that, they would have a good reason to. I helped deny a engine warranty on a customer once. They blew it street racing, I was riding shotgun in the car that won the race. Their car showed up to my work on Monday with teh turbo taken off and engine bay steam cleaned. I told the service manager what happened and the owner of the car faxed over proof of oil changes. They were all from the shop he owned, all the ROs were sequential numbers, were all written and closed minutes apart, and mileage was at exact 3,000 mile intervals. The shop he owned couldn't come up with receipts showing they purchased the Motorcraft filters from anyone.

bigjeezy04

White Mammoth
Established Member
Sucks op. My stealership has a 400$ service/maintance package I threw in on my loan! so they can't pull crap like that on me! Cause I know when shit starts to break from plowing I know there goin to try and scam me!!

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
I would like to add that the receipts also had oil and filter for my Dad's F150. I guess Ford couldn't at least give the benefit of the doubt here.

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
This is stupid!! I had 3 Ford cars in warranty including my Cobra and I've always changed the oil my self and never had any problem with the dealer and I did have problems with the motor in one of them. It was a Duratec 3.0. I will always change the oil in my driveway.

Get yourself an oil sample out of that engine and send it to a certified oil lab and they will test the oil for you and will tell you if it's still good or bad oil. Talk to other dealers.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Sounds like ford is just trying not to pay for the warrenty work. Ford cant make you use there oil an there filter. It only has to meet there specs. But whats funny is they change specs all the time.

mrlrd1

Established Member
All of my local Ford dealers are taking it up the ass with Powertrain claims, mostly due to the DCT Focus/Fiesta garbage and all the Ecoboost garbage. Both Ford and the dealers are looking for ANY excuse not to cover stuff. That, and the OP is leaving key information out of the discussion - his timing "belt" statement shows he's ill-informed about both the car and it's LACK OF MAINTENANCE.

Last edited:

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
I promise this is the last time I update this thread! :coolman:

So, I got another call from the Ford rep and he told me that the dealership I was originally dealing with was willing to check the car out and not charge me anything to see what caused the motor to go. At first they wanted $1,900 just to do that. He told me that the receipts was not enough to show them and be enough to satisfy the warranty but if something else was the cause, they would warranty the car.

Okay, well at this point I figured that was better than nothing. I figured maybe he was giving us the benefit of the doubt on this one here.

So we take the car to the dealer and they do what they need to do and find out that lack of maintenance/oil changes was not the cause. I am not sure what exactly caused the motor to go, I think they said something about a cam bearings. They put a new longblock in the car.

Needless to say, I am pretty happy that the car eventually got covered. Thanks SVTP for the help! :banana:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
All of my local Ford dealers are taking it up the ass with Powertrain claims, mostly due to the DCT Focus/Fiesta garbage and all the Ecoboost garbage. Both Ford and the dealers are looking for ANY excuse not to cover stuff. That, and the OP is leaving key information out of the discussion - his timing "belt" statement shows he's ill-informed about both the car and it's LACK OF MAINTENANCE.

Doesnt the dealership get paid back by the MFGR to cover warranty hours/parts/etc?

I dont see how a dealer would be mad about doing all this warranty work if they are getting reimbursed for it.

I promise this is the last time I update this thread! :coolman:

So, I got another call from the Ford rep and he told me that the dealership I was originally dealing with was willing to check the car out and not charge me anything to see what caused the motor to go. At first they wanted $1,900 just to do that. He told me that the receipts was not enough to show them and be enough to satisfy the warranty but if something else was the cause, they would warranty the car.

Okay, well at this point I figured that was better than nothing. I figured maybe he was giving us the benefit of the doubt on this one here.

So we take the car to the dealer and they do what they need to do and find out that lack of maintenance/oil changes was not the cause. I am not sure what exactly caused the motor to go, I think they said something about a cam bearings. They put a new longblock in the car.

Needless to say, I am pretty happy that the car eventually got covered. Thanks SVTP for the help! :banana:

Good to hear. Glad it worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread