2012 Camaro Z28 confirmed via spyshots! Confirmed with 6.2L supercharged V8.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
My point was that you can't use the same difference when comparing an SS to essentially a blown SS. Sure, the V package may add on 400 lbs to a base V6 CTS, but it won't add 400 lbs to a V8 SS that already has big heavy brakes and wheels. There's a much greater difference between the V package and a base CTS than there will be between an SS and a Z28, and some of it will be lighter (ie brakes).

I see what you're saying, but I'm comparing a base V6 Camaro to a base V6 CTS. I don't think the Z28 will weigh as much as a CTS-V, but IMO, it will be close to the 4100lb mark if not a bit more.

The V6 Camaro without big wheels and brakes, (what maybe 40lbs"?) is still just as heavy as the V6 CTS sedan.

Hell, if you look at the difference between a Z06 and ZR1 it's still 200lbs+ and they used more carbon fiber to keep it light. Despite the shipping weight of your aftermarket blower I don't think that indicative of what the new z28 will weigh.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
quick correction: i mentioned a few times that the camaro is essentially a shortened CTS, but it's NOT. the camaro is on a shortened version of the zeta chassis which underpins the pontiac G8 as well, but the CTS rides on the sigma II chassis, which, as far as i know, is unrelated to the zeta chassis.
so, the camaro-CTS-V comparison is not quite apples-apples.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
quick correction: i mentioned a few times that the camaro is essentially a shortened CTS, but it's NOT. the camaro is on a shortened version of the zeta chassis which underpins the pontiac G8 as well, but the CTS rides on the sigma II chassis, which, as far as i know, is unrelated to the zeta chassis.
so, the camaro-CTS-V comparison is not quite apples-apples.

No, it's not apples to apples. As I said in my previous post the zeta platform is used in many full sized sedans though. My comparison is only to show how much weight a factory forced induction setup typically adds. The platform used in the CTS is no heavier than the zeta platform used in the Camaro. Both base cars with the same V6 engine weigh exactly the same.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
The engineers at GM know all the specs on the GT500, probably better than most people on this board. I'd bet they have one sitting in their R&D lab, staring them down and egging them on. They know what the stakes are, they know what they have to beat. They've been given another year to accomplish this. Do you all really think they won't even try?

oi2tov73.jpg

2011 Camaro 2010 Camaro forums, Camaro Z28 SS news, blog, reviews, wallpapers, pricing - Camaro5.com » Blog Archive » Spotted: Camaro Z28 Testing Against GT500!

....:read:

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I have driven a camaro SS, 11 GT and ridden in the 11 Gt500 PP. I am an average size guy a 6'0" and I could not see well at all out of the camaro although it was the flashiest (transformers yellow and black) the Gt500 was a blast. I do not think the Z28 will be all that and a bag of chips. it will weigh 2 tons (literally) I think yet again just like in 2011 the order will be Ford, GM, Dodge

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
this is gonna end up like every other new GM car. they will test in wide open areas for all to take pictures of, the execs will toss out hints about it, we might even see it at 10 or so car shows before production, and by the time production comes, which will probably be put off for 3 or so years, everyone will be so ****ing sick of seeing and hearing about the car that no one will give a damn. ZR1, camaro, cruze, CTS coupe, volt, every one of them paraded until everyone stopped caring about them.

Users who are viewing this thread