2012 Boss what did Ford do?

tjtucker

Established Member
I just drove a 2012 Boss with about 9,000 miles what did Ford do!!!

I traded a 2008 supercharged Saleen in 2011 for new 2010 Mitsubishi Evo MR.
I really like the EVO it's fast enough for me as a daily driver but it is super light on it feet and drives like a much smaller and lighter car regardless it weighs about 300lbs more than the old Saleen.
The Saleen always felt and drove like a much bigger car than it really was.

I have no ideal what Ford did to the Boss but I was really, really impressed on how much better this car drove than my old Saleen. In fact I was so impressed I'm going to have talk the wife into trading the BMW in a couple of months and pick up a Boss.

Does the new for 2013 Track Pack has the same suspension as the Boss?

Thanks TJ

86Fbody

Established Member
In response to OP, I am living at my means after buying a Boss, have sunk way too much money into already, and I would do it all over again 1000 times, best car Ford has made.

kbroush

Established Member
I agree! I upgraded from a 2004 Roush Mustang and that felt like a lumber wagon compared to the boss. Ive even driven a 07 and 2010 GT500 and the boss is superior in handling and driveability.

tjtucker

Established Member
KBroush

I could not have said it better.
I have driven a a couple of Gt 500s and a full on Steeda GT 500 and a Roush 2008 Track Pak and they all drive pretty much the same.
The Boss is just different.

TJ

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
I agree! I upgraded from a 2004 Roush Mustang and that felt like a lumber wagon compared to the boss. Ive even driven a 07 and 2010 GT500 and the boss is superior in handling and driveability.

Lumber Wagon.........I like that!! My 08 SHELBY feels like a lumber wagon when I try to turn so I stopped trying to turn.......but It seems to go pretty good in a strait line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dw:

Last edited:

svt1111

Established Member
The Boss is more than the sum of its parts. On paper, it shouldn't perform the way it does. I mean, how can a car with stamped steal control arms 60' a 1.63 on a suspension designed for road racing? And how can a car that excels at drag racing, lap M3's, Porsche's, and Vette's? It doesn't make sense that one car can do it all, and cost less than 50k, but with the Boss it proves it is all possible.

I'd recommend anyone who thinks they might want a Boss, not to drive one unless they are 100% ready to buy, because you won't be able to get the thing out of your head after that.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
The '10+ S197s were a huge step forwards from the previous ones in the handling department, let alone a Boss.

DitkaOrGod

Established Member
I agree 100% with all the above posters. I came from a kb cobra to a boss and ill never look back. After driving a boss I get why they call it the "best mustang ever made."

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

cali_kr

King of the Road
Established Member
The new chassis is 40% stiffer than the 05-09 S197's...is a BIG reason, then add that along, besides the new technology in suspension, engine, and you have a winner.

I do track days in both my 08KR and my 2012 B2, and whereas the KR is brute force and sledgehammer, the Boss is refined racer that is very predictable, drive it deep into the corner, flick the steering wheel, then throttle down..

kbroush

Established Member
I started to autocross my Boss and when I went to the last event I was comparing my times to the SCCA presidents time in his Nissan GTR and I was only about 1.5 seconds off of his time. My Boss is stock except for eibach pro springs, the GTR had a downpipe, tune and R compound tires plus the driver had years of experience compared to me. I was very happy with how the car performs even on tight technical courses like an autocross track.

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Grant808 I read that entire article yesterday. I couldn't stop reading it! It's amazing everything Ford put into the BOSS. I am sold on it and can't wait to get one when I'm home. I went from a 2000 GT to an 03 Cobra and cannot wait to feel the difference between the Cobra and the new BOSS

5.0GT

Established Member
I'd recommend anyone who thinks they might want a Boss, not to drive one unless they are 100% ready to buy, because you won't be able to get the thing out of your head after that.

One of my friends traded his GT for a white '13 Boss. My favorite color and the car just looks perfect, I never drove it, got into the passenger seat, or even looked at the recaro seats. I'm so afraid that I won't appreciate my CS lol

Grant808

Established Member
Grant808 I read that entire article yesterday. I couldn't stop reading it! It's amazing everything Ford put into the BOSS. I am sold on it and can't wait to get one when I'm home. I went from a 2000 GT to an 03 Cobra and cannot wait to feel the difference between the Cobra and the new BOSS

:beer: Just don't test drive one unless you're willing to buy! :banana:

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Sound advice from both you and svt1111 Grant. I actually know a girl that bought a 2012 BOSS and thankfully I haven't driven it yet. She loves the thing

KILRSVT

Established Member
I want one might have to start putting a for sale sign on the cobra ... But I've been on track with a stock boss 302 the guy wasn't all that fast he told me he had been driving for a while and went to skip barber .... I think it needed more front tire shocks springs and front bar along with sticky tires that thing would have been quick . Could have been the driver

Users who are viewing this thread