2012 Boss what did Ford do?

LostPony

Established Member
@KILRSVT I guarantee it was the driver. I've had mine on track several times and the only cars that have managed to get around me were a C5 Z06 on Conti slicks and a modified GT3 Porsche. Mine is all stock all the way down to the brake pads.

At our last HPDE at Summit Point there was a Boss 302 and a new ZL1 in the same run group. The first three sessions the Boss was about even with the ZL1, and by the last session the Boss passed the ZL1. It's very hard to judge a car by how well it does at an HPDE since driver experience and skill levels vary so wildly even in the same run groups. When I run mine I am in the instructor group and it gets pretty competitive at times, especially since I like to tease Vette owners relentlessly!

I agree with those who say the Boss is the best Mustang ever. It handles, stops and accelerates like no other Mustang or car I have ever had. It remains the only car I've had that I feel no need to "improve" with mods. Sticky tires and brake pads are my only plans. I'll keep this car til I die.

Users who are viewing this thread