2012 Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order

1sweetazzGT500

Established Member
Thank's for your input Chris as it's always timely and Honest.Yeah definitely curious what the numbers will end up being.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
heres my feeling on the low end losses. if you bolt it in place of the stock manifold it might lose 10 rwhp from idle to 4k.

but compared to stock it will still be up on power. mine already makes over 387rwtq. if it makes 370rwtq, i can live with that. i expect 400rwtq on my next dyno, so even a 20rwtq loss is a large gain over stock. if i "only" dyno 380 rwtq with bolt ons, cams and this manifold im good. the 7k-7500 power is worth it.

1sweetazzGT500

Established Member
heres my feeling on the low end losses. if you bolt it in place of the stock manifold it might lose 10 rwhp from idle to 4k.

but compared to stock it will still be up on power. mine already makes over 387rwtq. if it makes 370rwtq, i can live with that. i expect 400rwtq on my next dyno, so even a 20rwtq loss is a large gain over stock. if i "only" dyno 380 rwtq with bolt ons, cams and this manifold im good. the 7k-7500 power is worth it.

I guess that depends where one does most of their driving, both literally (street/strip) and RPM wise.i would imagine most of us, except for the Track Hounds (no-disrespect) drive on the Street. Which is why I personally want all my power, especially Torque, down low as much as possible, where I can actually Feel it. Just depends on your intended use, it's all good either way:beer:

AMChrisRose

We finally got our final pricing on the intake, and it looks like they actually are going to be $549.99 instead of $599.99! We already refunded the $50 to the current people holding pre-orders!

AMChrisRose

~$535 at Late Model Restoration and it includes a tune for it.
2011-12 Mustang 5.0L Ford Racing Boss 302 Intake Manifold M-9424-M50br With Bbr Custom Tune at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

I think you guys can do much better.

Offer a no tune option for less for those who can take care of that piece.

Offer with a tune for a competitive price with other vendors.

While I do appreciate you posting a link to a competing vendor in our threads on multiple forums, we're still cheaper.

Active SVTPerformance forum members get a discount code by PMing me. This codes makes us MUCH cheaper than the link you posted.

Bama Free tunes for Life members get the tune for free anyway.

AMChrisRose

Will Air raid or JLT intake's fit with the new intake manifold?

More than likely. We're still waiting to double check fitment, but it looks like the inlet tube just needs to be rotated to fit, and so we'll be able to test fit all of the CAI's as well as the stock air box to verify shortly, when we get the manifold.

AMChrisRose

Me too, I think the dyno results are going to be the deciding factory. However, this modification is going to be very popular, especially because it's not priced bad at all!

AMChrisRose

Dyno results will be up a little later this week. While this manifold does lose a little bit of low-mid range power on a naturally aspirated car, it gains as much as 58RWHP from 7000 and up! It smooths out the whole powerband, and when used with nitrous (like we did) it's a huge increase! We have plenty of before/after testing - as well as some track footage to share with you.

Let's start off with the JLT intake, which fits perfectly... like it was made for it. We tested the Airaid intake, which also fits, but you have to trim a half inch off of each side of the coupler to the throttle body. The C&L intake fits. The Steeda works with the 2010 steeda elbow. We decided to use the JLT plastic intake for all of our testing because it seems to fit the best and we loved the horsepower/torque results!

So anyway...

We went to the track again today with our 2011 Automatic GT with the NEW JLT plastic cold air intake and Boss Intake manifold... and here's how we did. Beautiful day, about 50 degrees, partly cloudy... track was prepped really ****ty, but it is what it is...

11.64 @ 117.75 MPH with 4.10 gears, off-road x-pipe, Boss manifold, L&M throttle body, JLT plastic CAI and Bama 93 Race tune, stock trans, stock manifold, stock converter, mickey thompsons with racestar industries wheels

10.43 @ 130 MPH with all of the same mods as above plus 150 shot from an NX wet kit, nozzle.

track3.jpg

track2.jpg

track4.jpg

track1.jpg

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
We went to the track again today with our 2011 Automatic GT with the NEW JLT plastic cold air intake and Boss Intake manifold... and here's how we did. Beautiful day, about 50 degrees, partly cloudy... track was prepped really ****ty, but it is what it is...

11.64 @ 117.75 MPH with 4.10 gears, off-road x-pipe, Boss manifold, L&M throttle body, JLT plastic CAI and Bama 93 Race tune, stock trans, stock manifold, stock converter, mickey thompsons with racestar industries wheels

10.43 @ 130 MPH with all of the same mods as above plus 150 shot from an NX wet kit, nozzle.

So Chris what did it run before on avg w reg intake n/a in 1/4 mi?

Oh yea you got a video of this event?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread