2011GT vs. LS1 WS6

Status
Not open for further replies.

arc00ta

Established Member
The price desparity is pretty big these days. I bout a *mint* 98 formula, bone stock with only 88k miles for $6k. In the end the motor took a crap after I went H/C but the rest of the car was absolutely mint with top end suspension parts. I couldn't sell it though, and ended up trading it in when I bought my Terminator, smoking engine and all. Whoever picks that up from the auction is going to have about $10k worth of parts they could sell.

I ended up getting a sweet deal on my cobra because they thought there was something majorly wrong with it. Turns out the dealer that serviced it put a stock belt on an aftermarket pulley which caused all sorts of problems, alternator not charging properly, no power, etc. I got the car for under $10k after I spent some time pointing out all the defects and the dealer couldn't get rid of it for the price they wanted. I just made them an offer and they took it.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
The price desparity is pretty big these days. I bout a *mint* 98 formula, bone stock with only 88k miles for $6k. In the end the motor took a crap after I went H/C but the rest of the car was absolutely mint with top end suspension parts. I couldn't sell it though, and ended up trading it in when I bought my Terminator, smoking engine and all. Whoever picks that up from the auction is going to have about $10k worth of parts they could sell.

I ended up getting a sweet deal on my cobra because they thought there was something majorly wrong with it. Turns out the dealer that serviced it put a stock belt on an aftermarket pulley which caused all sorts of problems, alternator not charging properly, no power, etc. I got the car for under $10k after I spent some time pointing out all the defects and the dealer couldn't get rid of it for the price they wanted. I just made them an offer and they took it.

You got a helluva deal man. I hope to have that kind of luck when I get back.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
If that's the argument; then I'll take a Fox Body.

Lol... I get what you mean. If ride quality and comfort mean nothing by all means- you cant beat the bang for the buck of a Fox.

The Terminator as you know is a much more comfortable ride. Is it worth the price tag diff over an F-body? Guess that's up to the individual and what they want the car for. Guess we know what you think. Nice Terminator btw:beer:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I say overrated because of the blind hero worship bow tie guys have for the LSx. It's especially evident when you guys can't begin to fathom how a lowly N/A blue oval can possibly beat a Chevy. I've heard all the excuses: not running right, bad driving, wasn't really racing etc etc..... The FACT is other manufacturers make fast cars too.... some are even faster than the "oh so legendary" LS1 F-Body.

And FYI there are already bolt on 5.0s in the 11's. There were the first week they were out which is NOT something the F-Body crowd can say.

Look, I'm not saying the LS1 isn't a stout or impressive motor. But I am saying it's NOT the "Holy-Grail" be all end all of engines. Get over yourselves already!!

There are more punk clown boys in F-Bodies than imports. You keep hearing no replacement for displacement bull shit. The other one I like is a bone stock LS1 making 330 rwhp. Bwahahahah. Maybe in 20 degrees uncorrected. Then there is the factory freak bull shit. Like I said, clown boys.

My 03 Cobra butt raped more F-Bodies than I could count. I saw so many F-Bodies run 9's in the 1/8th I laugh at one when I see it on the street. It's the stuff legends is made. When I had my 99 and 01 Cobras F-Body turds were on my like flies on shit. After the 2003 Cobra had been out for a few months I never ran into one on the street. My 99 and 01 Cobras had LT's and 4.10's and I never go beat by more than a car length.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
well, the moderators gave me two weeks to chill.

i found that WS6. i posted it on other forums, so here it is ....

here is the WS6 i killed. found it and talked to him...

3593-photo152.jpg

3592-photo151.jpg

3591-photo150.jpg

3590-photo149.jpg

car stats: 2001 ws6, LID, borla cat-back, automatic. no tune. bought used in 2003 paid off

plans to put a new motor in it. i suggested a LS2 with mild cam and full bolt ons. he was thinking stock ls1 maybe ls6.

he said it was his brother racing me. i guess he didnt want to fess up, but hes a really nice guy, and he liked my car. car looks good in person imo. too dark to see inside.

i stand behind what i said. every word of it.(except the moderator stuff) if there are any bolt on ls1's that wanna come get some im here.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

3593-photo152.jpg

3592-photo151.jpg

3591-photo150.jpg

3590-photo149.jpg

car stats: 2001 ws6, LID, borla cat-back, automatic. no tune. bought used in 2003 paid off

plans to put a new motor in it. i suggested a LS2 with mild cam and full bolt ons. he was thinking stock ls1 maybe ls6.

he said it was his brother racing me. i guess he didnt want to fess up, but hes a really nice guy, and he liked my car. car looks good in person imo. too dark to see inside.

i stand behind what i said. every word of it.(except the moderator stuff) if there are any bolt on ls1's that wanna come get some im here.

Oh man, what an awesome paint job. :lol:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
There are more punk clown boys in F-Bodies than imports. You keep hearing no replacement for displacement bull shit. The other one I like is a bone stock LS1 making 330 rwhp. Bwahahahah. Maybe in 20 degrees uncorrected. Then there is the factory freak bull shit. Like I said, clown boys.

My 03 Cobra butt raped more F-Bodies than I could count. I saw so many F-Bodies run 9's in the 1/8th I laugh at one when I see it on the street. It's the stuff legends is made. When I had my 99 and 01 Cobras F-Body turds were on my like flies on shit. After the 2003 Cobra had been out for a few months I never ran into one on the street. My 99 and 01 Cobras had LT's and 4.10's and I never go beat by more than a car length.

Ouch..man
you are going to start a war with that kind of talk..man..LSX guys will be in here shortly... :pop:

arc00ta

Established Member
There are more punk clown boys in F-Bodies than imports.

Its getting there these days. They are so cheap any more that every high school punk has one. The worst part is they run their buddies honda and then think they have the hottest wheels on earth. Going the same was as the fox body, a few nice ones and a whole lotta ragged out ones.

EDIT: I also stand by what I said about that being one of the ugliest WS6 I have ever seen. He must use it as a tax write off.

Last edited:

03ZM1

Are You Serious?
Established Member
I got through 3 pages... then I realized it was just another one of "those" threads.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I got through 3 pages... then I realized it was just another one of "those" threads.

Yeah, you've been around here for so long you must have a keen sense for it. :banana:

03ZM1

Are You Serious?
Established Member
Yeah, you've been around here for so long you must have a keen sense for it. :banana:

Haha, I may be new here but not the ford vs chevy/this car vs that car internet debates. They're always the same.

Beetle6986

Established Member

3593-photo152.jpg

3592-photo151.jpg

3591-photo150.jpg

3590-photo149.jpg

Do you really think your going to beat every full bolton LS1 out there and also beat Cobras mod for mod. You need to get your head out of your ass. I'm far from being a GM guy and I still say you didn't beat the guy in 5th gear (1:1 ratio or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread