2011 Mustang GT coupe (Premium) – $33685
2011 Mustang GT convertible – $35,495
2011 Mustang GT convertible (Premium) – $38,695

2011 Ford Mustang pricing to start from *$22,995? — Autoblog

Alot cheaper than i thought!:rockon:

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
exactly what i expected, anything more and it would piss me off

its just a mustang if they were outrageously priced like the camaro nobody would buy them

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
what was it? first it was "no way it will come with 400HP since jaguar can't even get that!"
then it was "no way it will weigh less than 3,700lbs!"
after that it was "no way it will cost less then $33k, that's impossible!!!"
so, what's next guys?

97cobra1

Established Member
what was it? first it was "no way it will come with 400HP since jaguar can't even get that!"
then it was "no way it will weigh less than 3,700lbs!"
after that it was "no way it will cost less then $33k, that's impossible!!!"
so, what's next guys?

"No way i won't look into getting into one of these when they come out."

How's that for ya?

Gooch03

Established Member
Most likely leather, shaker sound system, other options that you probably won't need. Ambient lighting etc.

I'll take a bareass GT Coupe with cloth seats and a 6 speed.

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
If I were to buy one, it'd be a base GT that I'd customize as my own. No wasting thousands on frills.

2010 GT - $29,245.00 (includes $850 destination charge)
2011 GT - $30,495.00 (includes $850 destination charge)

I'd say that's definitely a bargain considering the addition of the new 4 valve 5.0, 100hp, and a 6-speed manual. Holy crap. Good times these are.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
exactly what i expected, anything more and it would piss me off

its just a mustang if they were outrageously priced like the camaro nobody would buy them

So the base model SS is $500 more and the 2SS is $260. Pretty outrageous compared to the GT....:rollseyes

2011 GT:
Base:$30,495
Premium:$33685

2011 SS:
Base:$30,945.00
Premium:33,945.00

Ford stepped it's game up. The new GT is definitely looking more attractive after all this news comes out. Good job Ford!

Last edited:

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
Most likely leather, shaker sound system, other options that you probably won't need. Ambient lighting etc.

I'll take a bareass GT Coupe with cloth seats and a 6 speed.

dont forget the new NAV and stuff they have with the touch screen

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I'll take the $3,200.00 difference from the Gt coupe to the Premium coupe and drop it into headers, X pipe, mufflers, tune, lowering springs and 410s. That should wake her up.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Think about this for a second though:
How many dealers are going to rape people who want a GT
by charging "Maket adjustment"?

I know some aftermarket items are being developed now,
but are they going to overcharge for parts like they do on Mach 1's?
For instance, Fox 5.0 headers are a dime a dozen,
but 3 and 4V headers cost twice as much.
Do the tubes cost more for a ceetain engine?
I think not.
Will new tuners need to be developed if and when the code is cracked for VCT?
Think about this also.
$30,000.00 plus for a MUSTANG!
I remember when I thought 9 grand for one was a lot. (late 70's early 80s)
Nice cars for sure, but I prefer to build my own.
At least until I win the lottery, no, I'll still build 'em.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Im glad a base GT is still in the $30k range, though i think a $29k number would have been a bit better for sales. Once a consumer sees that 30 number, they might veer away, but if it was 29,999 they are for it. On paper, MSRP of both the Mustang and Camaro are close, however, dealer markup on the Camaro will still be far more than Ford dealerships will do. Even in the past, we all know someone who got a new loaded Mustang GT off the lot for under MSRP........good luck with doing that with a new Camaro. Its that mentality that killed the fbody in the first place, as well as the GTO, and GM dealers are likely to repeat it.

I know some aftermarket items are being developed now,
but are they going to overcharge for parts like they do on Mach 1's?
For instance, Fox 5.0 headers are a dime a dozen,
but 3 and 4V headers cost twice as much.
Do the tubes cost more for a ceetain engine?
I think not.
Will new tuners need to be developed if and when the code is cracked for VCT?
Think about this also.

costs more due to R&D.

the 5.0 was out years before there was an aftermarket. When the 4.6 came out, the aftermarket had to respond instantly. Modular headers are also a bit more complex due to space limitations in the compartment, and require better QA tolerances to avoid having fitment issues and re-makes.

Tuning options will follow shortly. The ability to modify the VCT will follow as Ford allows aftermarket tuning companies (SCT, Diablo, Sniper, etc) to make changes to said settings. These companies have to get approval from Ford before releasing any software that allows tweaking of any engine management paramaters. Ask a SRT4 guy how long it took for SCT/Diablow to have an aftermarket tuner for their cars, Dodge/Chrysler did not allow any company to make any changes to the ecu parameters, since they wanted to push their own staged ECU upgrades. One shop tried and had software/hardware built to modify everything, and was put under by Dodge once the engineers got wind of it. Once the staged ECU sales started getting slim, they approved the aftermarket tuners to start modifying the ECU params, and shortly thereafter the first SRT4 handheld tuner was released.

Then theres some companies that just dont care or arent in the position to do anything about it, like Mitsubishi. Huge tuning options for both the Evo and DSM platforms. DSMlink (which requires installation of a new eprom chip onto the main circuitboard) has been around since early 2000's, and allows the DSMlink software to basically turn the stock ECU into becoming something far greater, allowing for precise, in-depth tuning options and retaining stock driveability. Mitsubishi never said shit to the guys at ECMtuning about them literally hacking into the ecu and coding to get results, then again, unlike the SRT4, the engineers involved in the DSM arent involved in the aftermarket. Also your argument for the 5.0 vs Mod parts applies here, DSM parts are far cheaper than Evo parts, even though they are 95% the same piece and do the same task for the same engine. Slight differences in design, costs for R&D and the age/popularity of the platform all are factors in the end price. Evo guys hate it that the DSM parts are half the price, then again, those parts have been around twice as long, so R&D costs f the part have been paid for and covered a long time ago....

$30,000.00 plus for a MUSTANG!
I remember when I thought 9 grand for one was a lot. (late 70's early 80s)
Nice cars for sure, but I prefer to build my own.
At least until I win the lottery, no, I'll still build 'em.

Inflation......

Last edited:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Damn I might consider one... GT coupe of course no thanks on a vert that costs a lot more and looks worse.

Users who are viewing this thread