2011 Mustang GT street car - 9.01@150 *** In car video

KenB

Established Member
Took Coffeeman's car back to the track last night in search of 8s. Came up a little short but extremely happy with how the car is running. Just a little more tweaking and we should get there. Second pass is the 9.01, check out how the car leaves on the 1.35 60!

[youtube_browser]WYQx5pDRHp8[/youtube_browser]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats to Coffeeman! What's amazing to me is that this is a street car. Wasn't too long ago that a low 9 second (@151mph) hot rod could be driven on the street pretty much every day if you wanted to. Amazing!

A84gt

Car goes down nice and clean. I'm sure this will ruffle some feathers but put a cage in the car and make it legal. It's not worth the risk and or the hassle of dodging tech etc.

KenB

Established Member
Car goes down nice and clean. I'm sure this will ruffle some feathers but put a cage in the car and make it legal. It's not worth the risk and or the hassle of dodging tech etc.

I'm pretty sure this car will never get a cage. A cage in a street car is actually very dangerous if you are driving it on the street. I realize that it seems dangerous to do this....and it is. Joe is in his 60's and he understands the risk he's taking. On top of that, these cars are much safer than the older cars so just the factory crash protection should help quite a bit. But yes, things could get ugly very quickly.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Which Aluminator does he have? the 9.5:1 or 11:1?

Btw; Awesome times! The car is SICK!

A84gt

I'm pretty sure this car will never get a cage. A cage in a street car is actually very dangerous if you are driving it on the street. I realize that it seems dangerous to do this....and it is. Joe is in his 60's and he understands the risk he's taking. On top of that, these cars are much safer than the older cars so just the factory crash protection should help quite a bit. But yes, things could get ugly very quickly.

Fair enough, different strokes for different folks.

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
thats what I would call a well planned well put together package. No problem launching, shifting, perfect gearing, etc.

stout. very stout

Users who are viewing this thread