2011 Gt vs Hellcat

KzooMuscle

Established Member
I want to race a hellcat so bad. Sounds like you have yourself a monster tho. There is a local guy running a Novi 2200 on his 427 C6. Power unknown , he can't get it to hook on the dyno, but he recently beat a zx-10r. How much power are you putting down?

Dtony

Established Member
I want to race a hellcat so bad. Sounds like you have yourself a monster tho. There is a local guy running a Novi 2200 on his 427 C6. Power unknown , he can't get it to hook on the dyno, but he recently beat a zx-10r. How much power are you putting down?

It made 860 on a mustang dyno at 15º timing. Last night timing was at 23º, so I imagine it has to be a little over 900 to the wheels. I'm going to pull the boss shortblock out of it soon.

KzooMuscle

Established Member
I'm going to pull the boss shortblock out of it soon.

How come? I'm playing with the idea of going with a stroked Boss block. It would be nice to get some input before I decide.

Dtony

Established Member
I have had the boss shortblock in for 4 years and countless runs. It has performed perfect. But I worry about the rods at this power level.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Beast. Absolute beast.

So I guess you approve of the Paxton over the v3? Lol.

What pulley you running now?

Dtony

Established Member
Beast. Absolute beast.

So I guess you approve of the Paxton over the v3? Lol.

What pulley you running now?

The v3 is a great blower, but obviously the Paxton hd has more power potential. I should have bought the Paxton to begin with knowing I'm never satisfied. Lol.

I'm running a 3.48 pulley with the ati overdriven balancer.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man did you hook off the line. Like you were shot out of a slingshot. LOL. Nice run. And what a nice setup you have.

Dtony

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments. I am pretty happy with the car, but it took a while to get it running that fast, and maintain complete stock like street manners. It's a blast to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread