Established Member
ADDED PICS ;)

029_zps71133301.jpg

get-attachment2_zpsda52dab7.jpg

028_zps2929bc34.jpg

0022_zps2d0d13d0.jpg

015_zps76acad55.jpg

0132_zps6f51871b.jpg

Well, so much for that short lived run with my Coyote 5.0... less then a month and returned back at the dealer for possible discrepancies in disclosure of known history. Long story...we will leave it like that. But GM of dealer is trying to make it right and in search of "THE ONE" according to my list of wants and needs. We will see.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Well, so much for that short lived run with my Coyote 5.0... less then a month and returned back at the dealer for possible discrepancies in disclosure of known history. Long story...we will leave it like that. But GM of dealer is trying to make it right and in search of "THE ONE" according to my list of wants and needs. We will see.

That sucks to hear man. Hopefully it turns out to you getting what you want.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Yes SIR Yes SIR!!! Here she is...BEYONG my very OCD Picky expectation!!! Unbelievable condition! I am officially IN LOVE again since I got rid of my 2003 10th Anni. Cobra...

Getting her first Full tank of Yummy 93 Octane for my BAMA Performance 93 RACE Tune after getting a nice wash and detail immediately off the Semi truck hauler delivery from Texas! :)

get-attachment16_zps9fdfe331.jpg

get-attachment14_zps27ed20d0.jpg

It did come with some mild mods that I will be removing and installing the ones I have purchased for the white 2011 before. The AIRAID is one of the things coming off in place of my JLT CAI. It will be for sale very soon $200.00

get-attachment15_zpsb9ce13d4.jpg

greenscobie86

Established Member
Ill add myself...

Bought new 05/14/2013, Jerrys Ford, VA, $29,000 - GT,C,M,3.31,HID,SYNC,Performance White,CCB

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Jayvee,

What did they say about your warranty? Factory warranty still in place even though it's tuned? Compression test?

Read the last few pages:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/989786-number-8-fail-5.html

As I mentioned before, datalog the Bama tune ASAP!

Badass ride btw!

Manufacture warranty. And as for tune, just return it to stock. Sure, they can find out it had a tune only if they have a reason to search that far. As far as data logging, I saw that option on the hand held but don't know anything about it. Maybe u can explain that and the benefit of it. Thanks...I will read up on that link u posted also ;)

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Smm...Just read the link, very interesting. Sounds like I better data log asap. Its like I heard that from some where else, as if someone has been telling me to do this before...? Hmmmm... :lol1:

Since recieving the car on Sunday, it drives like a dream. Motor is so smooth thus so far. So far I have only driven it to wk and back and really haven't had a chance to really get on it through 3-4 gears straight track style. But I have made my 1-2 drop it, dump it and pass slower traffic while driving is all I have been able to do with her so far. I wake up at 120am to go to work (45-50mph tops) and come home to take care of my kids. I guess if not me putting a pounding on the car yet, I must take precautions due to not knowing what the previous owner has done under this tune.

Idk... maybe I will try AED tuning... Thanks Smm

sorry...I am obviously NEW to the canned tune stuff. I usually went to Brothers Racing, Ramsey's Performance or RI Racing Integration for a dyno tune.......maybe I should. But I have ALWAYS heard the canned tunes are perfectly fine and safe and with all being similar for full bolt on applications... Grrrrrr! Now what? lol!

Last edited:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Smm...Just read the link, very interesting. Sounds like I better data log asap. Its like I heard that from some where else, as if someone has been telling me to do this before...? Hmmmm... :lol1:

Since recieving the car on Sunday, it drives like a dream. Motor is so smooth thus so far. So far I have only driven it to wk and back and really haven't had a chance to really get on it through 3-4 gears straight track style. But I have made my 1-2 drop it, dump it and pass slower traffic while driving is all I have been able to do with her so far. I wake up at 120am to go to work (45-50mph tops) and come home to take care of my kids. I guess if not me putting a pounding on the car yet, I must take precautions due to not knowing what the previous owner has done under this tune.

Idk... maybe I will try AED tuning... Thanks Smm

sorry...I am obviously NEW to the canned tune stuff. I usually went to Brothers Racing, Ramsey's Performance or RI Racing Integration for a dyno tune.......maybe I should. But I have ALWAYS heard the canned tunes are perfectly fine and safe and with all being similar for full bolt on applications... Grrrrrr! Now what? lol!

A tune is what holds your motor together and makes power, would not want to skimp on that. I consider it the most important mod. Especially with what you have been through already.

The only shop I would let dyno tune a Coyote is Racing Integration, depending on how much they are asking for a dyno tune, that might be your best bet.

However, Shaun AED provides awesome customer service and has tuned tons of these cars for $250, it's a no brainer for the peace of mind alone. Shaun will answer any and all questions asked, even if you don't have a clue he will help you.With the capabilities of the coyote ECU, you are basically getting a dyno tune, just not on a dyno. This method has not only been proven here, but also in the evo scene, and those dudes are crazy.

Datalogging is fairly simple. You must have an SCT and the USB cable also a windows laptop with XP or higher.

Download livelink II.

-Open live link 2
-click guide me
-I want to datalog vehicle
- Plug in USB from laptop to SCT
-Plug in SCT to OBD port
-Start car
-Click check comms

From there you will want to select what parameters to log

-Spark
-Knock
-AFR

Make sure you select non rapid packets.

This is where I would start just to see what is going on. You could log a lot more stuff and just save the file and send it to Bama. However , I did this multiple times and nothing changed. I felt like they just glanced at it and said they made revisions, because nothing changed. Still had knock, ended up ditching them.

Send me a PM if you need to ask anything!

Last edited:

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
A tune is what holds your motor together and makes power, would not want to skimp on that. I consider it the most important mod. Especially with what you have been through already.

The only shop I would let dyno tune a Coyote is Racing Integration, depending on how much they are asking for a dyno tune, that might be your best bet.

However, Shaun AED provides awesome customer service and has tuned tons of these cars for $250, it's a no brainer for the peace of mind alone. Shaun will answer any and all questions asked, even if you don't have a clue he will help you.With the capabilities of the coyote ECU, you are basically getting a dyno tune, just not on a dyno. This method has not only been proven here, but also in the evo scene, and those dudes are crazy.

Datalogging is fairly simple. You must have an SCT and the USB cable also a windows laptop with XP or higher.

Download livelink II.

-Open live link 2
-click guide me
-I want to datalog vehicle
- Plug in USB from laptop to SCT
-Plug in SCT to OBD port
-Start car
-Click check comms

From there you will want to select what parameters to log

-Spark
-Knock
-AFR

Make sure you select non rapid packets.

This is where I would start just to see what is going on. You could log a lot more stuff and just save the file and send it to Bama. However , I did this multiple times and nothing changed. I felt like they just glanced at it and said they made revisions, because nothing changed. Still had knock, ended up ditching them.

Send me a PM if you need to ask anything!

AWESOME!!! Thanks so much! :beer: RI charges $500.00 :bored:

Jackal43x

Hello everyone, relatively new poster on this site, lets see if I grasped the concept of how to describe my vehicle.

Bought new 2/7/12, Phil Long Ford of Chapel Hills, CO, $30,000, 2012 GTP, M, 3.31, HID, S500, SYNC, Ebony, LCBC

greyhk2

Established Member
Took delivery 2/1/14.
'14 base GT Track Pack, RR Sense Security Pk, all weather floor mats, Roush Phase 1 supercharged.

Deal was fair due to $3k factory rebate & dealer discount of almost the same amount. Got reamed on the Roush work though. Dealer said they would honor the warranty. Not sure what that is worth.

Since I'm a brand new member, I probably don't have pic posting privileges, or I just don't know how.

Thinking of a tune from somewhere, Brenspeed maybe, but probably just won't.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Took delivery 2/1/14.
'14 base GT Track Pack, RR Sense Security Pk, all weather floor mats, Roush Phase 1 supercharged.

Deal was fair due to $3k factory rebate & dealer discount of almost the same amount. Got reamed on the Roush work though. Dealer said they would honor the warranty. Not sure what that is worth.

Since I'm a brand new member, I probably don't have pic posting privileges, or I just don't know how.

Thinking of a tune from somewhere, Brenspeed maybe, but probably just won't.

I am sure a custom tune will wake that sleepin GT beast up. Congrats!

RUN4CVR

Established Member
New 2-2-2014 Lithia Ford Of Boise (found in Billings Montana dealer trade/search) GT,C with track pack, M, BBP, Sync, CCB soon to have track keys when they become available heard due out in March for GT's
DSC07426_zps1dd60cb1.jpg

DSC07424_zpsc0266f0d.jpg

DSC07425_zps9b90984d.jpg

DSC07428_zps83562f5a.jpg

Last edited:

55R2014

Established Member
Sweet! Nice ride. That would be awesome if the track key comes out in March. I heard about it. Where do we get the track keys from, at the dealer?

Rochambo

Established Member
Just picked her up last week. Got a steal due to it being the last '13 on the lot. Premium GT.

450 miles on her and just got the BOSS 302 manifold, JLT intake, and a JMS tune with the SCT tuner. Exhaust is definitely next, but the wheels have to go soon too.

12.jpg

unnamed.jpg

123.jpg

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Just picked her up last week. Got a steal due to it being the last '13 on the lot. Premium GT.

450 miles on her and just got the BOSS 302 manifold, JLT intake, and a JMS tune with the SCT tuner. Exhaust is definitely next, but the wheels have to go soon too.

123.jpg

Engine bay almost looks just like mine :beer:

get-attachment42_zps9fc81a37.jpg

Rochambo

Established Member
Engine bay almost looks just like mine :beer:

get-attachment42_zps9fc81a37.jpg

Nice! I'm a stickler on a clean looking engine bay, so I have work to do. Definitely need a strut tower brace, and since I just rigged my purge valve to work with the manifold, I need to make a bracket and get that looking good again. As you can see in the pic, I just bought some hose and rigged up the factory valve without relocating it since everything was closed by the time I finished the install last night.

Also, I want to get the covers that comes with the boss, to go next to the manifold and above the valve covers. Do they fit like stock from the factory?

Users who are viewing this thread