2011 5.0L Clutch Pedal Issue Fix

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
My car was built in June 2010 and that TSB is for cars built before 4-25-2010.

And mine has the new clutch pedal assembly and still does it. Some say they have a new clutch (but same part number now) and new Pressure Plate bolts(some come loose)

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
My car was built in June 2010 and that TSB is for cars built before 4-25-2010.

And mine has the new clutch pedal assembly and still does it. Some say they have a new clutch (but same part number now) and new Pressure Plate bolts(some come loose)

Get it in and have it looked at, If the issue involves newer cars Ford will probably expand the TSB coverage.

SicShelby09

Banned
I'll bet you are boiling the clutch fluid like on the C6 corvette. The same thing happens to the corvette guys, because the fluid is getting too hot and boiling causing low pressure in the system and not letting the pedal back up. They needed to swap to the dot 4 full sync. fluid for the higher boiling point. No joke. My old C6 did the same thing when trying to do a rolling burnout. The pedal stuck to the floor. One of the bandaids was to take off the pull down assist spring. That helped, but was not the fix. The fluid was. GM put out a TSB on this and will pump out the dot 3 for the dot 4 sync.

Last edited:

bustednuts

Established Member
I'm assuming all these issues have been addressed in the 2012's yes/no? If there's an actual TSB in effect then any future manufacturing would have to comply yes/no?

mtflyboy25

Currently a Ricer :(
Established Member
Well I have never had this problem, but now my 2011 doesnt want to shift... at all... Clutch barely disengages... I am quite confused and very pissed off. It caused me to miss 2nd at the strip tonight, but at least got me to notice the problem.... any ideas?

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
My 2012 Boss does this almost every pass at the dragstrip. Clutch in at the end of the pass, pedal doesn't come back up.

Zilairin

Established Member
I noticed this problem in my 2012 GT and hopefully ford will fix it. It doesn't stay on the floor but it only comes up half way and if I rev the motor high with my foot barely resting on the clutch it pulls the pedal down. I thought that was weird.

Zilairin

Established Member
I looked at my 2012 GT build date 09/11 and it looks like it has two springs. The new style spring that pivots and the gt500 style spring that is on the shaft in the assembly. That might be why it doesn't stay on the floor like some but I can tell the new spring may not be as strong as the gt500 spring, hence the partial depression of the pedal when at high rpm. It almost feels numb, hard to explain.

blue 87 stroked

Established Member
Guys who have had the TSB work done, Is the clutch still holding on the floor with high RPM shifts after Ford replaced the pedal assembly??? Mine is supposed to go in to Ford tomorrow for the work and guys have said they dont think it is gonna fix it? I am sure that the TSB assembly is NOT the GT500 assembly? Did anyone have the GT500 assembly part #? And what are people seeing after Ford works on it???

Radar Doc

Established Member
There are four different part numbers in TSB 10-19-4:

BR3Z-2455-M Brake Pedal And Bracket
(Black-3.7L/GT 5.0L w/Brembo
Brakes)

BR3Z-2455-P Brake Pedal And Bracket
(Metallic-3.7L/GT 5.0L w/Brembo
Brakes)

BR3Z-2455-R Brake Pedal And Bracket
(Black-GT 5.0L Standard Brakes)

BR3Z-2455-T Brake Pedal And Bracket
(Metallic-GT 5.0L Standard
Brakes)

My car is a base GT, built April 2010. I used the BR3Z-2455-T part number and it cured my issue with the clutch pedal not returning during high RPM shifts. The "metallic" part numbers above are for the sport-style metal pedals; not the basic rubber ones. I upgraded my gas pedal to match.

Users who are viewing this thread