2011 5.0 with 3.6LC Kenne Bell

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Put this video together for a friend of mine. 2011 GT 5.0 with a 3.6LC Kenne Bell @ only 14 psi, pump gas, everything stock but does have an aftermarket converter, M/T drag radials, and a roll bar. Stock heads and cams, stock 3.15 gears, full weight. Drove directly to the lanes after each pass, no more ice or 1 hour cool downs required.

Anyway later this month 10/29 he is going to push 20+ psi and use C16 with a goal of getting to 9.50s in the 1/4 at Famoso at a private track day. By the way we still have some spots open if anyone is interested. We will see if he can do it.

Here is the video--for those of you not familiar with 1/8th mile ETs, a 6.65 is a 10.40 in the 1/4.

[youtube_browser]xNKUnwilWZA[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
With that MPH it could be a little quicker in the 1/4th then that, it left pretty soft and I imagine that thing will take off huge on the big end, especially with that MPH. I could see it going 10.30's at around 133ish.

Future 5.0

Established Member
14 psi on pump, dang. There's clearly more in it with better fuel. I was quite surprised it made that 3.15 gear run that well. Pump gas 10-sec car, yes sir!

black03kbcobra

Flawless Victory!
Established Member
That's freaking awesome! Mid to low 10's on pump gas and only 14 psi. I'm gonna have to say with 20 psi he's prolly only gonna have a few tries to into the 9's. I just don't see the motor living that long. I could be wrong though. It's still stock bottom end correct?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Anyway later this month 10/29 he is going to push 20+ psi and use C16 with a goal of getting to 9.50s in the 1/4 at Famoso at a private track day.

I will be surprised if the engine doesn't throw a rod. To be honest....I don't see how it's surviving 14 PSI, much less 20+.

Last edited:

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Well I have a correction.

Last year when I video'd this car do a 10.66 with the 2.8 KB, it was all stock. But apparently the car lost an oil pump, so when it was apart he did put some forged rods and piston in. So that is how he is going to get away with 20 psi later this month. Sorry for the confusion. I did confirm stock crank, stock heads, stock cams. And yes I do believe that the reason why the 60' times are not solid 1.4Xs is because of the 3.15 gears. Best 60' so far is only a 1.52.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Well I have a correction.

Last year when I video'd this car do a 10.66 with the 2.8 KB, it was all stock. But apparently the car lost an oil pump, so when it was apart he did put some forged rods and piston in. So that is how he is going to get away with 20 psi later this month. Sorry for the confusion. I did confirm stock crank, stock heads, stock cams. And yes I do believe that the reason why the 60' times are not solid 1.4Xs is because of the 3.15 gears. Best 60' so far is only a 1.52.

That's still damn good with those gears...... amazing car:rockon:

BM1

Established Member
How is the stock bottom end in these cars? Anyone blow one up yet?

Users who are viewing this thread