2011 5.0 vs 03 Termi

jas11151990

Established Member
looks like a good kill. i think once he gets used to the car it will be closer.

Most likely with a pulley and tune will make a very nice difference. but two cars with the same weight and a 80whp made this race what it was.

jas11151990

Established Member
they came with 3.55's stock... It should have been closer than the vid showed if the termi driver knew how to drive... it looked like he started out at 2k rpms and never switched gears..

We were at 60mph both in 3rd, i barley shifted into 4th and shut it down in the video

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
All of the Cobra needs the driver mod comments? :shrug:

The OP said that both cars started in 3rd gear at 60 MPH. All the Cobra driver did was mash the gas. Anybody can do that!! The end result is what it is. The 5.0 was the faster of these two cars!!

2K1 SVT

Established Member
The 5.0 is going to be faster either way but the 03 started in the wrong gear. You can even hear how low the rpms are at the start of the vid.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Hey Justin, good to see you found a stang you could actually win against. :D I kid, I kid.

Who got the Termi, anyway?

You should have known better than to post a Termi kill...this is SVTP, bro.

:beer:

jas11151990

Established Member
Hey Justin, good to see you found a stang you could actually win against. :D I kid, I kid.

Who got the Termi, anyway?

You should have known better than to post a Termi kill...this is SVTP, bro.

:beer:

Haha ya my shits super slow, Ford made another piece lol :rolling:

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
My 5.0 loves starting at 60 in 3rd with the 3.73's...

It's the sweet spot I always try to catch people at.

metaman

Established Member
These new 5.0 motors are pretty amazing considering the last generation of naturally aspirated modulars and how big of a leap the coyote is.

I have owned my cobra and daily driven it since it was new. It is still a great car, and is very dependable and quick considering it only has the most basic of bolt ons.

On the other hand I find myself on ebay and sites like it looking at the prices of used 5.0's quite often these days. The ergonomics of the cobra are starting to get on my nerves every once and a while. They never did before, but I am just getting to a point where comfort is as important to me as performance.

This video and others that I have seen where basically stock 5.0's with tunes are as quick as my cobra with a pulley and a tune make the decision a lot easier. I know that seat of the pants the 5.0 probably wont have that same abrupt hit of torque that the cobra has got, but that can be solved with a bottle.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
All of the Cobra needs the driver mod comments? :shrug:

The OP said that both cars started in 3rd gear at 60 MPH. All the Cobra driver did was mash the gas. Anybody can do that!! The end result is what it is. The 5.0 was the faster of these two cars!!

Tell 'em, Greg !! :D

Users who are viewing this thread