2011 5.0 auto 12.73

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
can you get a diff gear option like in the manual m6 cars? I kno for 6 speed manuals its either standard 3.31's or optional 3.73's, the a6 is standard 3.15, so any optional gears? 3.55's or 3.73's would be perfect on the autos, dam I really want 1 now, hmm I deff want an auto 2011 gt now,now imagine that with full exaust intake tune and gears and tire thats a 11 sec bolt on gt gotta love it :)

camed2v

Established Member
i dont think they have an option on gears but yes that is basically all its gonna take to hit 11 maybe even 10

camed2v

Established Member
alright guys sorry the vids are taking so long cant figure out how to transport thm to the comp its a casset video recorder we are trying our best but for now her is a stock dyno graph done froma 3rd gear pull
50stock.gif

Driver72

Established Member
Use the DRF file and convert the speed to rpms, also on the correction factor use the current SAE and switch smoothing to 5.

Then repost.

Great times on the auto 11 GT.
I call Sacramento the "Atco of the west" as it is an unusually fast track.
Usually .1-.2 seconds faster than other tracks here in California (like Famoso) and probably .4-.5 seconds faster than the uphill running Cal Speedway
As others have said, the trap lights at Sacramento don't seem to be calibrated correctly either and read about 2-2.5 mph fast.

That would still give a 113 mph trap speed with an ET in the 12.8-12.9 range at Famoso. Still very impressive.
Ford themselves said they got their best 1/4 times with the auto.
Not too surprising, as even a conventional auto these days shift faster than any human can in a manual. They are also quite efficient, consistent and often (like in my 335i's) dyno only about 4-5 rwhp less than a manual.

But without the Brembo brake package the auto is not to appealing.
My guess is Ford is saving the Brembo Brake package for the auto for the 2012 model year.

Lastly, I believe I read somewhere that there is an optional 3.31 (or thereabouts) axle ratio option for the auto too.

fangstang

Established Member
what do you mean? they are not offering the Brembo pkge for the autos? I just priced one out and it was included. I hope you're wrong cause I'm getting my wife the auto GT and I realy want the Bremos on there with those wheels and tires.

Driver72

Established Member
what do you mean? they are not offering the Brembo pkge for the autos? I just priced one out and it was included. I hope you're wrong cause I'm getting my wife the auto GT and I realy want the Bremos on there with those wheels and tires.

Unless Ford has changed, as of a couple months ago when I got a price and option sheet, the Brembo brake package was not an option for the auto.
They might of gotten enough of complaints and pleas for them to change that, IDK.

***Edit: just searched the current price list and I see the Brembo brake package is now available on the auto transmission too. Good to see.***

Last edited:

Driver72

Established Member
OK, just went to the ford website to look at the brochure and in it, on the options section regarding the Brembo brake package it says this:

'BremboTM Brake Package includes 14-in. Brembo vented front rotors with Brembo 4-piston calipers, 11.8-in. vented
rear rotors with 2-piston calipers, unique electronic stability control (ESC) suspension tuning, and 19-in. dark stainless
painted-aluminum wheels with P255/40R19 Z-rated summer-only performance tires (manual transmission only)"

So not sure why the pricing guide does not have "manual transmission only" or maybe this was an old brochure that's still on the Ford website, but as I stated, originally the Brembo Brake Package was only offered with the manual tranny. Might want to verify for CERTAIN if that's still the case or if it can in fact now be ordered with an auto.

fangstang

Established Member
I wish someone with some inside info would chime in and straighten this out. I'd be VERY disappointed if its not available for the auto.

redsap05

Established Member
some guy over one ls1tech just got a 5.0 He just went 12.58 @ 112.5 and posted it. Really ruffled a bunch of feathers over there. lol They dont like the fact they have to watch out for mustangs now.

Driver72

Established Member
some guy over one ls1tech just got a 5.0 He just went 12.58 @ 112.5 and posted it. Really ruffled a bunch of feathers over there. lol They dont like the fact they have to watch out for mustangs now.

Post the link.
Would be interested to see which track, which tranny, and if that was on stock street tires.
I estimated 12.6-12.7's would be had with the 2011 GT before anybody even tested it, but most of the mags were getting 12.8-12.9's but often those are on pre-pro models or early build models and with drivers not experienced with the car like owners become in a matter of a few short weeks.

12.58 would seem a bit fast unless at an "optimistic" track like ATCO, Sacramento or Cecil. But it would be awesome if it was a legit stock car at a track that's not known to run optimistically fast (either from being slightly downhill, having tailwinds, or being lucky enough to have negative DA's).

_Z28

Established Member
I find it odd that the album has nothing but pictures of a foxbody with a 2v swap and in the middle is this random time slip with a mph that doesn't make sense :shrug:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
You're a bit late to the party. Been discussed ad nauseum, though mostly on other sites. The timeslip is quite real. There is a 5th Gen SS driver that was there that night, even ran against this particular car, and will vouch for the timeslip(s). Look for "Kaler" in this thread: My New Black Auto 5.0

There is a lot of talk about the mph. The car went 114-115 in both lanes that evening. However, we really do need more data from more cars at different tracks to see what a stock A6 will really run as far as MPH goes. Few folks are doubting the ET.

DIB5.0

Established Member
Having an auto i hope these times are consistent. This is the only auto i have seen at the track so far.
The troubling thing is the dyno of the auto's. They are all over and the tq is less than impressive. Not sure if it is because they can not get a 1:1 gear with the auto. Magnacharger got a 340/308, SCT got a 360/326 and then the dyno above.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
HP Solutions got 347 RWHP and went 12.97 @ 111 with their A6. Both the dyno and 1/4 mile numbers are with 87 octane fuel. Run was at Richmond Dragway on the evening of 28 May, DA of ~1160 ft.

Users who are viewing this thread