2011 5.0 auto 12.73

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
I'm guessing the A6 is in 3rd at the trap due to the long 3:15 ring gear?

_Z28

Established Member
You're a bit late to the party. Been discussed ad nauseum, though mostly on other sites. The timeslip is quite real. There is a 5th Gen SS driver that was there that night, even ran against this particular car, and will vouch for the timeslip(s). Look for "Kaler" in this thread: My New Black Auto 5.0

There is a lot of talk about the mph. The car went 114-115 in both lanes that evening. However, we really do need more data from more cars at different tracks to see what a stock A6 will really run as far as MPH goes. Few folks are doubting the ET.

Then he should have no problem affording a digital camera

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
You have to consider the new Mustang GT has roughly the same power to weight ratio as an 03 Cobra, except it doesn't have heat soak issues, it doesn't have a plastic clutch quadrant, it doesn't have a stiff clutch and it doesn't have an IRS.

Evan Smith ran a 12.6 @ 112 in 1500DA conditions at Gainesville. In negative DA conditions at atco, MIR or cecil I think we will see a few freak times in the 12.3-12.4 range.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Then he should have no problem affording a digital camera

Huh? What does that have to do with anything? What do you think took the pictures that were at the beginning of the thread I linked - a polaroid?

I'm sure if your intent is to find a reason to not believe it, you'll have little trouble doing it.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
SBo3 "You have to consider the new Mustang GT has roughly the same power to weight ratio as an 03 Cobra, except it doesn't have heat soak issues, it doesn't have a plastic clutch quadrant, it doesn't have a stiff clutch and it doesn't have an IRS.

Evan Smith ran a 12.6 @ 112 in 1500DA conditions at Gainesville. In negative DA conditions at atco, MIR or cecil I think we will see a few freak times in the 12.3-12.4 range."

You are right on w the 03 issues, heck it has taken me forever to get a 11.85 w a 2.93 pulley, cai, exhaust, et streets, drag struts, NO Nitrous, a bunch of crap for sure. I kinda baby it cause I've broke 2 halfshafts w drag radials and nitrous.

I also predicted mid 12's w the gt and high 13's at least w the v6. These new ones are impressive, I'd like to see someone put nitrous on the v6, hidden that could be a moneymaker.

DIB5.0

Established Member
Just read this same guy at Sacramento Raceway pulled a 12.57 @ 115. Still all stock just and he's just learning how to launch with the stock 235 tires.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
This new automatic is going to shake up the whole concept of what an automatic can and can not do.

I hope so as mine is almost on way. I'll keep the 03 also, get rid of the 69 gt. I hope a converter is out soon with at least a 3k stall and see another .2 or more w good tires. Pretty much close to a hci f body. Nitrous on the 11 and then really go w 100 jets. Be like my 03. Might not even need a converter w spray we'll see. No bands in this tranny.

Users who are viewing this thread