2010 Silver Roush 427R vid

chuckstang

Established Member
$2200 for a ****ing radar detector? And it doesn't have a 427ci motor, but it does have the decals that say it does? Forgive my stupidity if I am reading it wrong. Please correct me if I am.

That is the best option it has

I would get that option from the factory in a second, the set up is trick as hell and works well

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
This has been debated a lot since the release of the 427R in 2007. I've never heard a straight answer on why it is named a 427. However, at the Mustang 45th Anniversary in B'ham, I heard a few guys over in the paddock talking about this and one said that Roush had expected the engine to produce close to around 427flywheel hp and when it did the catchiest name out there was 427, instead of a 435. I think that's lame but that's what the man said.
originally it was named after the HP. But the car was so successful that they decided to keep the "427" as the model name, even though the hp was bumped in the following years.

chuckstang

Established Member
I like Roush for there aftermarket parts because they fit and work like factory but are better

They are expensive but you dont get adverse effects like most other companies and they are not for everyone, meaning Roush makes parts better for a street car than all out race car, although I have their racing rod end panhard that works good, too good, every single bump now the car wants to follow it, not to mention the extra noise, harsness not too bad

Users who are viewing this thread