2010 Silver Roush 427R vid

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Hmm you would think Roush would have at least painted all the lower body cladding same color as the rest of the car for that amount of money.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
eh for 50k....

Actually $43K according to the post above, although it could get higher depending on how the GT was optioned.

I do like this new one better, although the exhaust could use a bit of work. Nice car overall. Whether or not it's worth the $15K upgrade is open to opinion.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
a couple of more bucks and you can be in the gt500:shrug:

so much for thinking the aftermarket was going to do anything with the rear valance:shrug:

focussvtracer

auto x
Established Member
Actually $43K according to the post above, although it could get higher depending on how the GT was optioned.

I do like this new one better, although the exhaust could use a bit of work. Nice car overall. Whether or not it's worth the $15K upgrade is open to opinion.

its a nice car but for that price.... i couldnt justify it

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
The new Roush Mustangs are sick as hell, definately a 100% approvement over the '05-09's. Im sure a pulley swap and some other power mods and they will be pretty quick. The new Saleen's comming supporting the 2010 body are just plain banannas !!!

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
It looks awesome, runs great. I did not care for the exhaust note though.

Needs driver mod.

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
i can't lie, it does look pretty good...

+1 Looks good to me. at 43k Its a bit pricey, but you pay for the name more then the car I think. Not a terribly bad Price but Could be better. The interior Looks WAYYY better.

SRNA

Established Member
$2200 for a ****ing radar detector? And it doesn't have a 427ci motor, but it does have the decals that say it does? Forgive my stupidity if I am reading it wrong. Please correct me if I am.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
And it doesn't have a 427ci motor, but it does have the decals that say it does? Forgive my stupidity if I am reading it wrong. Please correct me if I am.

This has been debated a lot since the release of the 427R in 2007. I've never heard a straight answer on why it is named a 427. However, at the Mustang 45th Anniversary in B'ham, I heard a few guys over in the paddock talking about this and one said that Roush had expected the engine to produce close to around 427flywheel hp and when it did the catchiest name out there was 427, instead of a 435. I think that's lame but that's what the man said.

BUstang

Established Member
I'm realling diggin the new bodystyle! The only thing I hate is that plastic rear-valence. Someone please paint it!

Users who are viewing this thread