2010 Fusion SE

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Looking at picking one up tonight, the gst is officially done being a DD.

http://www.robertsautosales.com/used-cars-for-sale/details.php?id=7259457

Any input? I think it would make a great dd and its clean as **** (saw it a few days ago). Only think that bothers me is 60k in almost 2yrs from the previous owner, but then again ill put 20k on it a year as well.

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk while doing 90 on the freeway and streetracing through traffic. What now?

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I'd get it, and looks like P.O. have kept up with it's service history.

And it's blue, I like the color blue.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
I drive them alot at work, and they are pretty nice cars with decent pep to them. I'd definitely wouldn't hesitate buying one in good condition. That definitely was probably a rental car though based on the miles and carfax.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
High mileage always bothers me.. People tell you, yeah, the car is only 2 years old, but it doesn't really matter how old it is.. It's the mileage that determines how much the car has been used.. Now obviously it has 68k HIGHWAY miles, which are much easier on the car than strictly city miles, but I think you could find one with very few miles in the same price range..

Just my opinion

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd be a bit nervous about the mileage since you're going to add 20K a year or so. But how it was maintained is a factor with those miles. Looks like a nice car.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
They have another one for 11.9k thats an 08' with ~80k on it that ill look at as well.

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk while doing 90 on the freeway and streetracing through traffic. What now?

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Dont like blue too much, obviously the miles, but it looks like it was maintain well. I would go see if you can work on the price if you still want it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Dunno, will know in a bit. Gotta go drop off our rental Yaris (ie the pregnant guppy) and then swing by that dealership.

I know I can find one cheaper private party but honestly dont feel like dealing with securing a loan through a bank/c.u. and getting the seller to come and that whole process.

Entrenched

Established Member
I DD a 2010 SE fusion with the 4 cyl. Company car got it new. Since April of last year I've put on 40K miles and other than regular service it's never had to go to the dealer (except one TSB on the transmission calibration). Also I get 31-32 combined mileage (a little more highway than city). I regularly get 34-35 mpg during long highway trips. Great car especially considering the price.

I plan on buying this one when I get a replacement.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Negative, no sync. Unless it is and im retarded, id imagine though it would say Sync in big letters by the head unit.

It had a hesitation going into 3rd (would rev up then engage firm but went away by the 3rd takeoff) gear but they said they would take it to Ford and do the tsb on it. Im pretty sure it hasnt moved since i saw it in the same spot a week earlier and needed to be jumped (was in the back in a corner hiding next to two SUV's). Paperwork is ready to sign since their sale ended last night and otherwise it would go back to the $14,900 price they had it at last week.

It drove great otherwise, suspension was rock solid and felt better than the brand new Yaris we had as a rental with 900mi on it when we got it. Had a good amount of power for that 4cyl but likely due to the 6spd auto gearing.

Will probably pick it up tonight unless its something major wrong.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Cars today will easily run over 200k if cared for properly. If you like the car, and the price is right, go for it.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I DD an 11.. Quiet, great gas mileage and comfortable. :beer:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Thomas, did you end up picking it up last night?

It was still at the ford dealer last night, they changed the tranny fluid and did the tsb on it, and found the serpentine tensioner pulley was whining (i heard it slightly on the test drive but honestly wasnt louder than the standard engine noise) so they are replacing that as well but had to order the new one.

I pulled the trigger anyways. He threw in the 5 day cooldown no questions asked return, and a 30 day 1000mi warranty, and still got it at their weekend sale price.

I was looking around at trim levels on edmunds and it said all SE models with the 6spd auto come with Sync, and the pics look just like the head unit mine has so maybe it does :shrug: no complaints if its not but if so that would make me a little more happier, iirc Sync has ipod control correct?

I cant wait to get settled into my new place (having a garage again thats actually mine will be win) and put a layer or two of Klasse Sealant on that metallic blue will be so sick. Then the real fun begins, going to start a new motor build for the gst and trash this pos jdm motor i wasted $1k on just to get the car running quickly but got the exact opposite result.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Picked it up today but didnt get a chance to take pics before the sun went down.

No Sync though. Kinda bummed about that but oh well. Has aux input so ill have to find an ipod adapter kit for it shortly. Has built in sirius but only 5 stations come up, dunno if thats their freebie offerings or what, but I never liked sirius anyways so whatever, rather have Pandora on there anyways.

16kOrBust

Established Member
We have a 2008 Fusion SE here at work (and also a 2007). The transmission on the 2008 just went at 101,000 miles and needed a rebuild to the tune of $3,500 (the dealer wanted over $5k). No other major issues but that one wasn't cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread