2008 Saleen S302E Mustang

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I love it. Ever since the S281E came out for 2002 i turned into a huge saleen fan. The 550hp S281E was already toasting any other mustang with a warranty out there, and now a S302E??! I have a new dream car now!!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It will be 80,000.00 plus mark up so figure 100k. Sorry but the ZR1 will be the way to go for that money or the Viper ACR. Both are much lighter and better looking. Honestly Saleen has done nothing to set themselves apart here. The car weighs as much as a Cobra still and the body kits are just too much bling in the wrong way. If you have a 100k burning a hole in your pocket and you buy one of these over a Viper, ZO6, or ZR1 then you need a hole in your head.

With that reasoning everyone on the boards should be driving a Vette. We buy Mustangs cause we like them and this one is no exception. For 80k I think it's gonna deliver.

SVTBMG

Banned
With that reasoning everyone on the boards should be driving a Vette. We buy Mustangs cause we like them and this one is no exception. For 80k I think it's gonna deliver.

I think you are wrong. First no one will get it for less then a 100, and I am sorry but it is not worth that in any way shape or form. You also missed my reasoning smart guy. I said clearly that if you are spending that much then buying this car will be a let down in the performance department when it comes to the comp. In no way will it be as good as the ZR1 or Viper ACR. THose are both in the same price range. This car should be no more then 55k, but they are trading on the name and have always over charged for them. You can not tell me that spending 45k on a S281 with 330Hp is worth it. Sorry buy my reasoning is flawless when it comes to those who wish to draw a comparison to this new one and the Viper or ZR1. I love mustangs, but I would never in my right mind spend 80K+ on one ever. That is just plain stupid when I could buy a better car for the money. It comes down to common sense. I bought my Cobra used for 28k. That is all I wanted to spend, and I could not find another car out there for less then 30k and basically new that had the same performance right off the bat.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

I think he might be saying that based on the fact that most people can't tell the difference between a base model $20k v6 mustang and $45k GT500. An $80k stang is even worse.

At this price range, you are stepping into territory patroled by higher end cars, and a "hopped" up mustang some feel, shouldn't be there. It goes against the whole Mustang mantra of cheap performance for the masses. The same thing can be said about the ZR1. A $100k ZR1 is acceptable, but a $150k vette is just nuts. It might be fast as shit, but it's still a vette and 30,000 new ones hit the streets every year.

IMO, buy whatever the hell you want.

Last edited:

StangGt00

Supporting the GWOT, USN!
Established Member
Pure sex! Not only looks a billion X's better than the GT500 but has more power too.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
We all know the Mustang will never be able to compete with the Vette or Viper, it's platform isn't as ideal for performance compared to there's. With that being said 3.9 seconds is not slow, neither is an 11 second 1/4 mile. 100k for a Mustang is a lot of money, definitely not justifiable, but at the same time the Saleens do not have the same presence on the street as a regular Mustang, it is much more exotic and upscale looking.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's really a nice looking package. I really like the hood. Gotta love 620hp! :)

Extreme281

Banned
100,000 Dam thank god you dont work at Saleen ,70000-75000 is a big difference from 100000.What makes you think that the ZR1 and the Viper Acer are gonna sell for Sticker.Get your ZR1 or Viper and ill make sure that Boaty Saleen S302 Woops its ass for 30000 grand less ,Dont hate Appreciate

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
First no one will get it for less then a 100, and I am sorry but it is not worth that in any way shape or form. You also missed my reasoning smart guy. I said clearly that if you are spending that much then buying this car will be a let down in the performance department when it comes to the comp. In no way will it be as good as the ZR1 or Viper ACR. THose are both in the same price range. This car should be no more then 55k, but they are trading on the name and have always over charged for them. You can not tell me that spending 45k on a S281 with 330Hp is worth it. Sorry buy my reasoning is flawless when it comes to those who wish to draw a comparison to this new one and the Viper or ZR1. I love mustangs, but I would never in my right mind spend 80K+ on one ever. That is just plain stupid when I could buy a better car for the money. It comes down to common sense. I bought my Cobra used for 28k. That is all I wanted to spend, and I could not find another car out there for less then 30k and basically new that had the same performance right off the bat.

Um then why did most of the PJ cars sell for sticker? This car will probably sell for sticker because an individual will special order it douchebag! Now the Viper and ZR1 won't. HMMM kinda make you wonder now doesn't it. Your reasoning sucks ass! It's a complete car 100% transformed into a beast with a built engine. Also I'm sure if you wanted considerably more hp it's only a pulley change away.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
that outside picture was just gorgeuous....That car is going to be one hell of a ride....Fully forged internals and independently blueprinted....just imagine how much potential is in that motor. I wonder how much of the surface they are scratching.......

hmmmmm, might have to start looking at selling a kidney.......

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Saleen Mustang always are top notch in the visual department but this also packs the punch. Saleens are the whole reason I found this site, and fell in love with the Mustang.

apex632

Established Member
100,000 Dam thank god you dont work at Saleen ,70000-75000 is a big difference from 100000.What makes you think that the ZR1 and the Viper Acer are gonna sell for Sticker.Get your ZR1 or Viper and ill make sure that Boaty Saleen S302 Woops its ass for 30000 grand less ,Dont hate Appreciate

lol wow. tell ya what let the saleen come out and take out the z06 first. cause if it can't do that it sure as hell isn't going to take out the likes of a zr-1 or an acr viper. and in that price range you can through on a porsche as well. i don't see it competing with the likes of those cars. that's not to say it won't be a hell of a car cause i have no doubts that it will be.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I think this thing is going to be awesome on the track. Saleen knows their stuff when it comes to racing and the S197 has already proved itself in racing. I don't think for one second that this will be able to compete with the ZR1/ACR, there's just no way. This car is going to be neck snapping fast, practical and reasonably comfortable, something the ZR1/ACR probably won't be able to offer. The only way a Mustang will ever be able to is if Saleen comes out with another SR and that at least a 200k dollar car.

Users who are viewing this thread