2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 | Retro Review

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
One of the trans techs I used to work with bought one new. It was a hell of a ride for the time period. They sounded great too.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
I had a 2010. I loved it so much. Best sounding v8 I’ve ever owned. Mine would routinely clip off 4.4-4.5 0-60 in the in dash telemetry. Super comfortable too. Miss it.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I absolutely loved those back in the day. I’m a pretty big jeep fan and always wanted to own one.

I remember back in 2007 during the week leading up to woodward i was in my bolt on 01 cobra and ran into one. We did a few pulls and it was consistently a dead heat. I was utterly in shock and impressed. When we stopped at a gas station we chatted for a bit. At that point, i never even heard of one. I thought those might have been one of the coolest things to come out of SRT at that time. I miss those days.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I wanted the SRT8 for a long time until I got tired of not being able to see out the windshield in my '08 GC CRD. The roof slopes too much, it was even common practice to remove the sun visor to gain a 1/2" of visibility. Constantly leaning over at stop lights to see the color change got old pretty quick haha.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Love these retro reviews of older high performance vehicles. The 2006 Jeep SRT8 got your attention at stop lights real quick. IMO it was a (SUV) performance bargain at $39,995. Complete with full-time 4-wheel drive. Fun! Fun! Fun!

Users who are viewing this thread