2006 Cobra Info "StreetMare?"

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I like info of this type. Keeps me guessin/hopin!
Condor as in bird? Do they eat snakes as in Vipers?!?!

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Shouldn't this post be in the 2006 Cobra forum? BTW, mongooses eat snakes, particularly Cobras, if memory serves correctly.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I don't care what the motor is in that thing it is ugly and still heavy. 45-50K for a Cobra coupe? You've gotta be kidding. If they do that they can guarantee loss of sales. People will be flocking over to the Vette like crazy. :nonono:

That makes absolutely no sense since all they would need to do is put a Whipple on the existing 32V motor and save mucho denaro while providing 450-500HP at a price of around 38K. Plus much of the mounting areas and dimensions would be similar to that on the 3V 2005 GT's. :shrug:

ArkangelX3

Established Member
I agree, a $45-50K Cobra totally goes against the grain of what the Cobra is, an affordable muscle car that someone with a stable job(even if it doesnt pay the best), can still afford the Cobra. At that price its just another high priced performance car. There is no reason they cant make it 450HP-500HP, and only charge about $37-$39K. If not, just like he said, it makes no sense to spend that much, just do a minor blower swap and BAM 600HP.
Correct me if im wrong, but when you get up to those kind of numbers, the car is quickly becoming non streetable, whether its a 5.4 2006 Cobra, or a modified 2003 Cobra.
SVT is going to lose a lot of fans if:
A)overprice it (even if im not a potential customer)
B)Dont utilize the COBRA name.

oldmodman

Established Member
Well...If they build it I will buy it!
But this time I'll wait until late in the model run to get the discounts and rebates (paid sticker in 02)
And it will be a cold day in Hell before I sell my Yeller 03
I better start planning a garage remodel.
I figure another 1200 sq ft should do.:D

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I have now seen all of the pictures that the guy has taken. There is no way that it is photo shoped, because all of the shadows are in line. The other pictures just prove the fact that SVT is present and accounted for down there. Hell, in most all of the racing forums that I have seen, Stangnet, Bamamafia, THCracing.com, they all have pictures of 05 GTs driving around and on the the streets. All of those areas are very close to each other, and the possibility of slipping in a couple test cars for the SVt platform isn't out of the question at all. The picture that told a thousand words was the one that he had taken from inside his own car while driving behind the car. The grit on glass coupled with the picture of the MICHIGAN license plate is sufficent, but at a closer look you can see a very different type of suspension set up then that of which is on the standard GT. I looked long and hard at the pics of the GT that I took at the car show last week, and then at the back of this car, and all I can say is that ain't no GT with a humped hood. It's funny how people are so quick to say that things are photoshopped. I remeber when the first real pics of the GT leaked out and heard somone on stangnet say that there was no way that the pics were real, because the F-150 front bumper had been used to create the fake picture. Even after the pictures from all angles up close, and even in the cabin had been posted they still said that it was a photshop. All I am saying is that this kid is telling the truth, and he has proof that he has thrown out and been ridiculed for. Why on earth would he ever want to show more pics of the car if this is the treatment that he gets, and besides this is supposed to be fun...not a court case. Lets all enjoy this inside info from the locals and our own high up sources, it is what makes this site so wonderful. We get all of the latest news here, and I like knowing that I have seen a picture of the test mule cobra long before Ford wants me to, as well as knowing what is under the hood.

svtdriver

Established Member
Originally posted by Whitten
If I am not mistaken didn't Rev say that it was the 3 valve mill? # valves are not the same as a 4 valve, and snake skinner needs to take a look at the GT to see that it is indeed a 4 valve. Besides the fact that 3 years ago ther was no way in hell that Ford would ever put a supercharger on a munstang....it wasn't economicly right for them to have a car that could our run their special projects...mach one or even there Cobra R. Why would Ford want to out run their beloved R with a next year production level Cobra.....simple people like to go fast and will gladly lay down the petty some of 34,000 to do so especially when there everyday mans mustang has more power than the noblilities Z06.

I'm thinking you don't pay much attention to SVT. The facts are.
1993 Cobra R 235hp. Next model year 94 Cobra 240hp
1995 Cobra R 300hp. Next model year 96 Cobra 305hp. The only different one was
2000 Cobra R 385hp. Next model Year 01 Cobra 320hp.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Apparently there is an editorial about the supposed 06 that got scrapped by ford, in 5.0 this month. The pics that were seen down in Naples were confirmed by the article as it said they were testing the power plants.

Users who are viewing this thread