2006-2007 Porsche 997 Torby stats?

180ls1

Established Member
I bet you will bust his ass reguardless of what his car is supposed to run on paper.

primetime

Established Member
Does it sound like I'm kidding?

No I guess not, clueless is probably the better word!

C5 Z06s have gone 11.7 stock. A c5z and that car would most likely be a drivers race, hence if he can walk a c5z he can walk that car.

So take the best time ever out of a C5 Z06 and use that...... sounds like some good logic! LOL Have a good one fanboy!

Devil_Z

Established Member
No I guess not, clueless is probably the better word!

So take the best time ever out of a C5 Z06 and use that...... sounds like some good logic! LOL Have a good one fanboy!

Sorry to break it to you, but thats not the best time ever. I'm a fanboy because I know more about my car than you do? You're obviously an idiot if you don't think it's a drivers race between the two cars, since they have similar times and if it were from a roll the edge would be towards the c5z, but I would guess you're not smart enough to know the reason why.

On a side note: If you don't have anything of any actual relevance to contribute to this thread, such as actually answering the OPs question, why don't you take your slow gt and gtfo. :)

Last edited:

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
They're not that fast, you would walk it hard. If you can beat a stock c5 z06 you can beat that car. :beer:

LMFAO!

A pullied cobra (2.76+supporting mods like intake exhaust and tune) will beat a C5Z. It will NOT beat a 997 Turbo. The 911 Turbo is a good race for a C6Z.

From a roll cobra will probably hang in second, and lose ground on every shift. The Porsche will murder it on top end.

Devil_Z

Established Member
LMFAO!

A pullied cobra (2.76+supporting mods like intake exhaust and tune) will beat a C5Z. It will NOT beat a 997 Turbo. The 911 Turbo is a good race for a C6Z.

From a roll cobra will probably hang in second, and lose ground on every shift. The Porsche will murder it on top end.

Really? So you're trying to say that a car with 519 rwhp will loose to a car with 480bhp? The only way it would win would maybe be from a dig because its AWD. The car runs 12's MAYBE high 11's with a professional driver, Op's car runs faster than that. So how about you quit sucking off porsche. Of course it would take it in the top end, the car is made to go 193 mph. That also means that it has a lower gear ratio than his car, which means his cobra would accelerate faster until it topped out.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
a ported cobra with over 500 rwhp will stay in front of the Turbo prolly till about 140ish...Roll racing that is..Ive seen it done..

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Really? So you're trying to say that a car with 519 rwhp will loose to a car with 480bhp?

I beat cars with more power than me all the time. I know for a fact that a 997 Turbo will rape a stock C5Z. Dig, roll, reverse...anything.

The only way it would win would maybe be from a dig because its AWD. The car runs 12's MAYBE high 11's with a professional driver, Op's car runs faster than that.

So what makes you think the OP is a professional driver? If the Porsche is an auto, its gonna be even faster, and he isnt gonna need a pro behind the wheel, just point and shoot.

So how about you quit sucking off porsche. Of course it would take it in the top end, the car is made to go 193 mph. That also means that it has a lower gear ratio than his car, which means his cobra would accelerate faster until it topped out.

Pretty sure they're rated to 200+mph, and they dont take long to get there. After 100mph, the race is seriously going to turn in favor of the Porsche.

Devil_Z

Established Member
I beat cars with more power than me all the time. I know for a fact that a 997 Turbo will rape a stock C5Z. Dig, roll, reverse...anything.

I'll explain something to you. It is a FACT that both cars run 11s/12s. So I really don't see how you justify saying the car will win 100% of the time when they run the same times. I bet you think stock c6s are faster than c5zs too don't you?

So what makes you think the OP is a professional driver? If the Porsche is an auto, its gonna be even faster, and he isnt gonna need a pro behind the wheel, just point and shoot.

The OP has already stated he runs faster than 12s in the 1/4 meaning his car is quicker than the porsche.

Pretty sure they're rated to 200+mph, and they dont take long to get there. After 100mph, the race is seriously going to turn in favor of the Porsche.

The car is rated 193. It also goes 0-60 in 3.9 seconds and 0-100 in 8.3 seconds. It's not as fast as you think. You should try researching before you open your mouth. :nonono:

Last edited:

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
I'll explain something to you. It is a FACT that both cars run 11s/12s. So I really don't see how you justify saying the car will win 100% of the time when they run the same times. I bet you think stock c6s are faster than c5zs too don't you?

LS3s are.:dancenana:

The car is rated 193. It also goes 0-60 in 3.9 seconds and 0-100 in 8.3 seconds. It's not as fast as you think. You should try researching before you open your mouth. :nonono:

Maybe you should stop magazine racing:read:

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
It's called the internet. Magazine racing? Fact is fact, sorry you can't handle the truth.

Internet racing, magazine racing, bench racing, yaddah yaddah yaddah....all the same.

(stock)C5Z < (stock)997 Turbo.

I know you like your car, but you're living in a dream world there buddy.

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member

Not professional, but I can hold my own....I have beat cars that were supposed to be faster in the shifting...

If I would grow a pair, I am sure I can click off 11.40's in my car. My time was run on worn nittos and a horrible 60 ft.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Not professional, but I can hold my own....I have beat cars that were supposed to be faster in the shifting...

If I would grow a pair, I am sure I can click off 11.40's in my car. My time was run on worn nittos and a horrible 60 ft.

The last thing I wanted to convey in my post was that I knew anything about your driving. Devil Z was throwing out numbers that were made with pro drivers, not really comparable to anything.

Its like everyone basing a C6Z on the 10 sec passes that Evan Smith and Ranger did.

I was with my buddy in his 03 cobra (476whp/466) when we ran a 997 Turbo from a roll. We got pulled on, a little in each gear. The gap was growing as speeds increased. Since youre ported, it will be a good run. I still suspect the Porsche to start its pull past 100mph.

Try it and tell us how it goes, be safe!:beer:

Last edited:

Devil_Z

Established Member
Internet racing, magazine racing, bench racing, yaddah yaddah yaddah....all the same.

(stock)C5Z < (stock)997 Turbo.

I know you like your car, but you're living in a dream world there buddy.
Well my car is far from stock so it doesn't really matter, I'm not worried about any stock car. The point in were talking about 2 cars that run similar times in the 1/4 mile. You can't deny the fact that are both 11/12 second cars.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Well my car is far from stock so it doesn't really matter, I'm not worried about any stock car. The point in were talking about 2 cars that run similar times in the 1/4 mile. You can't deny the fact that are both 11/12 second cars.

Never mentioned your car.

Odds are very unlikely that this is going to be a heads up, 1/4 mile race from a stop. In that respect, almost makes the 1/4 mile times pointless.

primetime

Established Member
Sorry to break it to you, but thats not the best time ever.

Really? Please share.... I am sure you have a video, right?

I'm a fanboy because I know more about my car than you do?

No your a fanboy because you come and talk shit about a car you no nothing about and make false statements about the car.......... yes I am sure you know more about your car than I do..... I don't think I raised that point in any of my posts(reading comprehension is your friend)................... your car isn't relevant here fanboy....

You're obviously an idiot if you don't think it's a drivers race between the two cars, since they have similar times and if it were from a roll the edge would be towards the c5z, but I would guess you're not smart enough to know the reason why.

Again, I ask are you kidding...... dig, roll, whatever stock vs stock c5z FTL..... sorry fanboy!

On a side note: If you don't have anything of any actual relevance to contribute to this thread, such as actually answering the OPs question, why don't you take your slow gt and gtfo. :)

I see...... since you prefer to tell straight up lies to the OP and the rest of us and I drive a Mustang GT....... I should shutup and leave the thread and let you spread your nonsense? Ah and the "slow GT"...... LOL really? You have no clue............ MMM Z06...... you probably would beat me in a roll race past 140ish..... lol

Users who are viewing this thread