2005 Mustang Production Pics!!!!!!!!!!

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
From what ive gathered, 12.9's should not be out of reach with the same mods that brings 13.7's to em now. I cant think of anything to complain about on the new car, I think they absolutely NAILED it for the price/performance/pizazz ratio. And thank god the 3.8 is dead for the six, the 4.0 modular mods pretty easily for first time owners. The next svt will be absolutely sick.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
I thought they were going to use the Lincoln LS / Thunderbird Platform? Supposed to be heavier then the Terminators.

But from the Looks of it....it still looks like it has the Fairlane Platform :shrug:

no parts fit, completely new car.

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
I really want to see it in person. 3D is a totally different story when you look at someting for the first time. They have a very unique look and will look killer dumped on some chromies. And it looks like single blade throttle bodies will be the "in" thing now.:)

Squeeler92

I like the front end, looks pretty good....but the rest of the car (including the interior) is hideous I think....and im an 19yr old so that makes me....the Y Gen? I like a few things about it, but I think ill stick to wanting to buy an 03 Mach1 or Cobra...

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
6" wheelbase increase, panhard bar on the live axle, 3 link with no dumb ass quad shocks anymore. Does not fully share any other platform, it is a MUSTANG ONLY for the first time ever. 3450 lbs curb weight for GT. The anemic 101" current wheelbase was rediculous for the weight and over hangs. Even a focus has 103" for cryin out loud. 12.5" front/ 12" rear VENTED rotors for the gt(friggin 10 inchers were worthless, svt foci has larger brakes). GT keeps the aluminum block with the three valve. Variable cam timing, doesnt require premium. 18"x9" wheels for the gt. Should kick the crud out of the fox body every which way, shape and form without thinking twice. After all that work under sn95 cars to make them handle, (hell i replaced just about every suspension componet on both of mine) going totally extreme still would loose out to the new chassis. And without loosing fillings on a bumpy road. I wont have to dump three grand into brakes/suspension again and doesnt look like you have to brutalize it to get it to go around a corner. They actually went through the trouble to use the tbird seats in the car, FANTASTIC reguardless of how they look in pics, light years from the current car. Finally brought colored interiors. More interior room, sequential tail lights, selectable color instrument panel, hell even friggin spinners on the v6's hallibrand look-alike wheels. Whats not to like? I loved my mustangs, but for cryin out loud finally a complete redo since i was 9 years old. Two years from now 500 hp IRS version, mabye an even more powerful shelby.:rockon:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by WorkHorse09
I like the front end, looks pretty good....but the rest of the car (including the interior) is hideous I think....and im an 19yr old so that makes me....the Y Gen? I like a few things about it, but I think ill stick to wanting to buy an 03 Mach1 or Cobra...

lol the current underpinnings were born 4 years before you were;-)

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
From what ive gathered, 12.9's should not be out of reach with the same mods that brings 13.7's to em now.

I agree... Based off of the prejected horse power the new GT will have and its estimated weight, it should run close to what the current Mach1's run. Thats assuming they under rate the GT like they did the Mach1.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
better balance, actually has an engineered roll center and dynamics, fox bodies just have "well thats what happened" engineering. Will have no commonalities between the two cars. I wonder why ford is ending 04 production in march???:rolling:

Silver 03 Cobra

Crap. I like it. It looks better than the camoed car we have seen the pics of. It'll change even more for the better.

I had last months MT on the C6 and they totally screwed that car up unless those weren't the fianl design. It said unofficial press release. The next generation Cobra will give the C6 Z06 all it wants and more.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I remember how much everyone hated my 86, even though it only had slight touch ups from the box-nose fox, I remember how much everyone hated the super-taurus in 87, the feminine 94, the mod motors in 95, the new-edge "boxy" mustang in 99 as well...........The car will grow with everyone im sure, although i STILL hate mustang II's of the 70's:p

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
look very carefully at the body panel lines on both cars, they are virtually identical. One is just lowered for show with the glass roof and the repro torino taillights. The aftermarket for this car will kick ass. aluminum hood on the production car too, pretty slick

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
look very carefully at the body panel lines on both cars, they are virtually identical. One is just lowered for show with the glass roof and the repro torino taillights. The aftermarket for this car will kick ass. aluminum hood on the production car too, pretty slick

Good, im glad someone basides me realizes the differences between the concept and the production are minute.

Also the concept has larger rims. If you could photoshop the concept rims onto that production picture, then we might be able to see how close both cars really are.

03CobraBro

Established Member
boss4292.jpg

attachment.php

Hmm...

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 1meanz
hmm

I ussually dont argue taste, but I must say there is absolutely no comparison between that Cobra II and the Mustang GT posted on the cover of hotrod, other than the fact both cars are a shade of red, have round headlights, and they were both produced by Ford.

Snake98

Established Member
ummm.....yeeeahh. I would have to say that the concept ruled over the production, but isnt that they way it always is..mmmkay? .......yeeahh...I like the idea that the new model brings back the retro look. Its gonna grow on everyone you'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread