2005 Mustang Production Pics!!!!!!!!!!

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
I don't like the new mustang at all. If that is how it is going to look from now on, ford has just lost my future business for the only ford I would ever even consider buying.

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
by "bubbly" and "ovalish" i was mostly reffering the layout of the rear bumber and decklid.....from looking at the rear straight back if u were at near ground level, it looks too rounded out...

RAS

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Did you gather this from the article or seeing pics or something? :shrug:

Also does that second pic say the V6 will have 240hp? Not bad.

No, unfortunately the 6 banger will be 202 hp and the GT will be 300.
The photo shoot in Hot Rod will change your guy's minds. The GT looks saweet.

tvguy

I'll take the Red C-6 at the top of the magazine. Ford can keep their butt ugly "New/Retro" Mustang.
pacotaco

Last edited by a moderator:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:??: Eddy im surprised that you....Late Sleeper Mr Im going to bed @ 2:00am missed any threads on this subject.

They had a few threads up on the Terminator Side of the Forum.

Plus id seen it said on the Forum & on TV. If its going to be on that platform....a big major diet is in order.

Ok I follow you about the car...

As far as sleep goes... beleive it or not there for alittle bit I thought I was an insomniac, but I do get tired and sleep quite a bit so im just a night owl. :D No disorders here.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by RAS
No, unfortunately the 6 banger will be 202 hp and the GT will be 300.
The photo shoot in Hot Rod will change your guy's minds. The GT looks saweet.

Ok... Well still, im glad to see the V6 is atleast going to be an OHC.

300hp for the GT is pretty good. esspecially if they can keep the price in the mid 20 thousand dollar range.

3valve 4.6... Lets see... hmm Weight distribution still doesnt look any better on the new platform. :shrug:

Last edited:

GregMatty

Established Member
The steering wheel looks stupid as does the instrument panel. Hopefully everyone will ooh and ahh when it is formally introduced in January and nobody but me will crave a new 03 or 04. Then I can get a REALLY good deal on the current model.

The current styling may buck the teardrop-clone trend, but I like the agressive and menacing look the car has. The body on the 05 is nice but I spend more time looking at the interior than I do the exterior. I hope there are still some new '03 or '04 Mach 1 or Cobra's around in another month or two. Gawd I can't wait.

Greg

RAS

Established Member
Originally posted by pacotaco
I'll take the Red C-6 at the top of the magazine. Ford can keep their butt ugly "New/Retro" Mustang.
pacotaco
Good for you. Now plan on spending 25-30K more for the red c-6, not to mention insurance rates. Apples to Oranges bud.

tvguy

Originally posted by RAS
Good for you. Now plan on spending 25-30K more for the red c-6, not to mention insurance rates. Apples to Oranges bud.

I know apples to oranges. I will actually never buy a corvette. I simply like what Chevy did with the Corvette much better than what Ford is doing with the Mustang. Some likey, some no likey.
pacotaco

tvguy

Originally posted by GregMatty
The steering wheel looks stupid as does the instrument panel. Hopefully everyone will ooh and ahh when it is formally introduced in January and nobody but me will crave a new 03 or 04. Then I can get a REALLY good deal on the current model.

Greg

Anyone know where and when it will be first shown to the public? Has that been announced yet?
pacotaco

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by pacotaco
I know apples to oranges. I will actually never buy a corvette. I simply like what Chevy did with the Corvette much better than what Ford is doing with the Mustang. Some likey, some no likey.
pacotaco

The Corvettes a much more expensive car... Not too the same level, but its kind of like saying Porsche did a much better job designing the Carrara GT than Ford did designing the new Mustang.

98Cobretti

Established Member
I don't know what Ford is smoking in their pipe right now, damn the concept was the most awesome stang to come since 1965, but they have really butchered it as far as I can tell from the now almost production photos, I am really dissapointed, they had it with the concept, THEY HAD IT!! They should have kept it looking like THAT! Sorry....just my opinion but I guess well see how it looks once somone drops it and slaps a set of 19's on it....

03CobraBro

Established Member
There's obviously a reason why Ford had to change the car from the original concept... Ford was well aware that the concept was a winner, conterary to popular beleif they're not stupid, they wouldnt change a good design if there wasnt a decent reason, esspecially when Ford had already decided to release the new Mustang a few months earlier than they had originally planned due to the popular demand and positive feedback they were getting from the concept.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread