FOR SALE: 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra Coupe ~ Mystichrome ~ Low Miles

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So.....did it sell that quick? Or did you change your mind?

4JDM

Established Member
Just being facetious by the way. I wouln't sell my stock exhaust and I am sure California is fantastic state.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Great looking car and great mileage.

Shouldn't recent sales dictate price? Earlier this month a 2004 TR coupe with 8k miles went for $40K at Mecum. It had an aftermarket exhaust and the center caps to the rims were different (linky). In addition, a 2003 TR 10th Anny coupe with 41 miles (who the hell doesn't drive it?) sold for $80K on BAT (linky#2).

The car in this thread is a color that is extremely desired (so is TR but it isn't as desired as Mystic). So how far off is the seller with his $60k asking price? It is tastefully modded so maybe not too far? I don't know, but most folks would want a stock example for that kind of money even if the car is Mystic IMO.

And keep in mind, the $60K is the asking price. Maybe the seller is waiting for the right buyer who will pay a premium for a sub-20k mile Mystic? Maybe that person will come along, maybe he won't. I'd rather a seller put up a fine example like this one for sale (even if it isn't stock) than see these dumbasses asking $36k for a clapped out, 99K mile 2003 zinc yellow vert. LOL

sunburst six

Established Member
Great looking car and great mileage.

Shouldn't recent sales dictate price? Earlier this month a 2004 TR coupe with 8k miles went for $40K at Mecum. It had an aftermarket exhaust and the center caps to the rims were different (linky). In addition, a 2003 TR 10th Anny coupe with 41 miles (who the hell doesn't drive it?) sold for $80K on BAT (linky#2).

The car in this thread is a color that is extremely desired (so is TR but it isn't as desired as Mystic). So how far off is the seller with his $60k asking price? It is tastefully modded so maybe not too far? I don't know, but most folks would want a stock example for that kind of money even if the car is Mystic IMO.

And keep in mind, the $60K is the asking price. Maybe the seller is waiting for the right buyer who will pay a premium for a sub-20k mile Mystic? Maybe that person will come along, maybe he won't. I'd rather a seller put up a fine example like this one for sale (even if it isn't stock) than see these dumbasses asking $36k for a clapped out, 99K mile 2003 zinc yellow vert. LOL
There's a world of difference between a 41 mile, warehoused collector car and this. Someone dropping $80k on that one was bonkers, but the buyer will continue to house it and watch it appreciate over time. This one is not even in the same league, and no legitimate investor would buy it for this asking price.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
There's a world of difference between a 41 mile, warehoused collector car and this. Someone dropping $80k on that one was bonkers, but the buyer will continue to house it and watch it appreciate over time. This one is not even in the same league, and no legitimate investor would buy it for this asking price.
I tend to agree, so where does this example fall? Does it fall at or below the example at Mecum that sold for $40k or does it fall somewhere between the Mecum car and the BAT car with 41 miles? It is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

There is a 2004 TR coupe with 98k miles on it at a dealership here in Vegas. The asking price is $30k. Maybe I'm a cheapskate, but that is a $20k car all day long, not $30k. Perception is reality!

Bullitt1448

Established Member
His car, he can ASK whatever he wants, will he get it? Maybe, but certainly not from me. I have never been a fan of the Mystichrome cars, I like the paint but I don't like the interior bits. This is just my opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it.
Same as I would not have bid on the wrapper car on BaT if I was in the market for one. That car deserves to be preserved in a collection somewhere, I drive my cars.

99cobrasvt

Established Member
Nice car! Mine has 26000 Miles I am In NB. I saved all stock parts for mine incase.

This car is a bolt on car with low mileage. To get top dollar I would think it would have to be all stock.
Stick to your price though. I am not sure why guys get upset if he gets his price. Makes our cars worth more as prices keep going up lol I see this on Fb groups also.

Only guys that should be crying is the guys looking to buy a Cobra not guys that have them already.

HPLouis

Established Member
Post it on eBay. That's where the car you posted about sold for $55K and you'll get a wider audience.

I remember following that car because, at that time, someone was offering me $48K for mine with 10K miles and I told him I wanted more. He then watched this car, with more miles and less documentation sell for over $55K.

At that point, I told him that my car is now for sale for $55K.

srizo1

Established Member
I’m not sure why people are arguing about this car passing emissions. From what the posts says about the car’s mods, it will be super easy for it to pass emissions even in CA. I live in CA and am super familiar on what it takes for our cars to pass emissions.

Last edited:

68gtscode

Established Member
I can only guess the asking price is the reason some here have a hard-on over this car potentially going to CA? This seems very strange to me… The seller says he has all stock parts minus the exhaust. It’s been a number of years, but when I lived in CA, I used to lend my 03’s stock exhaust to people for emissions testing. Either way, I’m sure there have been hundreds if not a thousand cars sold on here, most with significantly more mods, and no one seemed to have much heartburn.

Good luck with the sale OP- beautiful car!

srizo1

Established Member
I can only guess the asking price is the reason some here have a hard-on over this car potentially going to CA? This seems very strange to me… The seller says he has all stock parts minus the exhaust. It’s been a number of years, but when I lived in CA, I used to lend my 03’s stock exhaust to people for emissions testing. Either way, I’m sure there have been hundreds if not a thousand cars sold on here, most with significantly more mods, and no one seemed to have much heartburn.

Good luck with the sale OP- beautiful car!
Yeah it’s kinda odd people are debating about that. I even doubt they are familiar with how the smog deal works in CA. From what the post says, it seems that the car still has stock headers and mid pipe. Cat back doesn’t do anything for emissions lol

Marines691

Established Member
I recently bought mine (couple weeks back) 17k miles mystichrome coupe, mint condition. For $45k with all parts included basically. I got super lucky and was just messaging random members here and there on dead threads from years back if they were selling their car soon. Found one who wanted to part with it, and wasnt price gouging for what he could have probably sold for significantly more. Car is legit 9/10 paint (which is now a 10 b/c I got it corrected and ceramic coated properly) and interior is 9/10 (was missing the original wheel it came with, but I sourced a factory NOS one which gets here Saturday so will be back to 10/10 here shortly). But with that being said $45k was still prob well on the low side for a 17k mile mystichrome car. I think around 52-55k was more reasonable. I would have to say though at this point with inflation being insane he will probably get $60k even if it takes a month or two to sell. Secondly I paid $43.5k for a dark shadow gray 03 cobra (48k miles) a month back from the youtuber everlasting svt and cobra bobs old car. That car came with some super nice mods and a whipple 2.9L brand new on it. Also came with impossible to find new old stock CCW classic 30 bolts. Those are impossible to find and have had several reach out to purchase it if I ever sold. One guy desperately offered me 9k for the set of CCW's. They are the pre company format change, and look so much better than the new ones imo. With that being said I got the DSG for more along the lines of 33k-34k if I ever sold those CCW's. Which I dont plan on ever doing...

ZiaRunner

Established Member
Post it on eBay. That's where the car you posted about sold for $55K and you'll get a wider audience.

I remember following that car because, at that time, someone was offering me $48K for mine with 10K miles and I told him I wanted more. He then watched this car, with more miles and less documentation sell for over $55K.

At that point, I told him that my car is now for sale for $55K.
Did he sound interested in buyin it for 55k or still sitting in your garage? If so and you balked, turn him onto this one. Maybe could be had for 55k.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread