2004 Competition Orange Cobra convertible For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Not fair to call me sir, and then say I am not a car guy. Your opinion, that's ok. I was just being honest - not macho. Horsepower is fun. Take all you can get. You're entitled to be a horsepower monger. No problem with me. JJG
I think he was being a bit facetious with his statement. And no amount of horsepoweris too much, unless you're a female driver.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I think he was being a bit facetious with his statement. And no amount of horsepoweris too much, unless you're a female driver.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was just about to kick my VMP setup and E85 to the curb because it's too much power.

Not really.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I watched this thread from the beginning and it looks like maybe some amends have been made. In the beginning I thought his ad was a bit odd, including the full name thing, and ill admit i chuckled at some of the responses you guys made. I did also feel bad for JGG since he seemed like he might be a decent guy, just a dude looking to sell his car, been there. Heck i joined looking for one, I did, and im still poking around in here daily. But also as someone who is on a bunch of forums of all types, and seen alot of internet BS, I cant say I have ever seen a Mod get in on the action and even fan the flames a bit. The guy deserved some poking and stern questioning about the condition of the car since it was questionable, but man, I really think the guy was treated like shit unfairly and the site should be a bit embarrassed by that. Just about any other site would have shut the crap down asap.

JGG, If i ran into you, Id have a beer with you, and as car guys, I am sure we would find some common ground.

Lol
This place is isn't your normal forum, and I've even made call out threads. He brought most of it on himself. Had it just been straight crap, I would've killed it. What you can't see are the posts that I deleted, and we do a damn good job keeping this place in check. 99% of the members play by the rules, and that's why very few infractions are given.
No reply? You’re in this thread right now.
I’m not picking on you. It’s just I usually get a reply back when I reply to justify my actions.

John J. Garvey

Established Member
Hey Brad: I wrote that long post last night, told more than I had to, spoke a little about myself, in the earnest hope to put the boys at ease on this site, and perhaps win over a few. But, it does not look like that happened. Still feels like mob rule. It is obvious I will not sell my car to any one on this thread or on this site - original purpose - remember? You've got guys posting and questioning me about car deals that went sour, typically over price. Accusations are flying, jokes about lawyers - hear them just about every day - being cross examined on an internet web-page forum? I don't think so. Any way, I am going to decline to play along any further. I did not understand the SD thing. Probably missed the punch line on a couple of posts. When people start posting selections from my LinkedIn account profile page, I think it's time to go. Free advertising accompanied by free insults. So, I am left with two thoughts, "Have I inadvertently said some evil thing?" (Phocion) and better, "We should behave to our friends as we would wish our friends to behave to us." (Aristotle). I did my best gentlemen. You can't please everyone, so you just please yourself. I'm outta here. JJG (To my friends)

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
5c4881e20176f9e65156c6bfa96c546c.jpg

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Hey Brad: I wrote that long post last night, told more than I had to, spoke a little about myself, in the earnest hope to put the boys at ease on this site, and perhaps win over a few. But, it does not look like that happened. Still feels like mob rule. It is obvious I will not sell my car to any one on this thread or on this site - original purpose - remember? You've got guys posting and questioning me about car deals that went sour, typically over price. Accusations are flying, jokes about lawyers - hear them just about every day - being cross examined on an internet web-page forum? I don't think so. Any way, I am going to decline to play along any further. I did not understand the SD thing. Probably missed the punch line on a couple of posts. When people start posting selections from my LinkedIn account profile page, I think it's time to go. Free advertising accompanied by free insults. So, I am left with two thoughts, "Have I inadvertently said some evil thing?" (Phocion) and better, "We should behave to our friends as we would wish our friends to behave to us." (Aristotle). I did my best gentlemen. You can't please everyone, so you just please yourself. I'm outta here. JJG (To my friends)
Are you just trying to prove your daughter right and me wrong?

Thanks for nothing, John.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Well, bye
21b.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

Riveting tale, old chap.

losershero

Established Member
Dang John don’t leave, you sir are an internet superstar!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread