2004 Cobra Terminator with the "GT-R" package

IamBill46

Established Member
OK, here is the new thread.

For now, I won't do anything to the car.

I'm not sold on the "GT-R" lettering above the "SVT" at the rear and on the side fenders. I most likely will remove the one on the rear since it overwhelms the "SVT". The ones on the side fenders I will remove after I start to hate them

The seats are another story. The original seats were replaced with these GT-R seats (which are very nice), but this would be a costly "undo". I might be stuck with these for awhile.

The wheels are Ford Racing wheels which cost about $500 each. I will keep these since they give the car "character."

The Tires are Pirelli P-Zero's. 255/35R18's on the front and 295/35R18's on the rear. Will keep these.

The car also came with a matching Saleen tonneau cover (same orange and black stripes) to hide the rear seats.

The black stripes on the car are identical to stripes found on Shelby's. The dealer did a good job on them since they start below the bottom front bumper and end at the bottom of the rear bumper. They even did stripes at the narrow point between the windshield and the convertible top. Many after-market paint shops would start the stripes on the hood and end at the trunk. Not a good look.

The entire GT-R package included everything I have discussed here. I am still trying to find out what this "package" was, and if it was blessed by Ford. The car was purchased in Michigan from the Jerome Duncan Ford dealer. I am the 2nd owner.

I am from Michigan originally and discovered the original owner lived two blocks from me when he owned this car. At the time I owned an '01 DHG Bullitt #2679.

The original owner needed to sell this car to pay for college for his two kids. He originally posted it on eBay and was looking to get $32K. The bidding stopped at $22K. It was then sold at auction (unknown price) and wound up at another dealer who specializes in hard to find or limited edition cars. In the meantime, I had been looking for an '04 Competition Orange Cobra convertible. I got into a bidding war with about 4 other buyers and got the car for $27.5K. To me it was worth every cent: last yr of the Cobras, was a convertible, and the only yr for the competition orange paint. It is only 1 of 72 Cobra's with this combination.

Its raining here today so I cannot take any pics. Will post soon tho.

Here is one pic from the dealer:

http://1drv.ms/1FummLA

Last edited:

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
Still a nice car, a little TLC will make it great. Are those the factory fog lights in the grill? You should put those back where they belong, that would greatly help out the look.

jbou91

Established Member
I hope that thing has little to no miles for that price and looking like that. You can easily return it back to how it should look though...

IamBill46

Established Member
Still a nice car, a little TLC will make it great. Are those the factory fog lights in the grill? You should put those back where they belong, that would greatly help out the look.

Those are after-market LED lights. The OEM fog lights are where they should be (bottom bumper).

Here is a pic with all the light on:

http://1drv.ms/1GTg9x5

Last edited:

IamBill46

Established Member
I hope that thing has little to no miles for that price and looking like that. You can easily return it back to how it should look though...

Since I have had it (a few weeks), I have been stopped a dozen times, mostly Mustang owners. I have not received a negative comment. I know not everyone will like the look and that is OK. What counts is I like it. :)

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
There was a 2005 GTR, but that was a concept car. I'm guessing that is where the idea came from. I think it looks pretty good, just loose the GTR lettering. You might be able to remove the GTR stitching on the seats. I think these cars look better without stripes, but if I was going to put some on, this is how I'd do it. The lighting in the grille actually helps fill it in with the snake in the middle. I'd have to see more pictures of it with the lights on or off to see if I like it or not. If I saw you at a gas station, I'd come over to look it over and tell you it's a gorgeous car, but I'd probably also think to myself that the GTR lettering has got to go. Congratulations nonetheless on scoring a low mileage, 1 of 72 CO convertible.

IamBill46

Established Member
There was a 2005 GTR, but that was a concept car. I'm guessing that is where the idea came from. I think it looks pretty good, just loose the GTR lettering. You might be able to remove the GTR stitching on the seats. I think these cars look better without stripes, but if I was going to put some on, this is how I'd do it. The lighting in the grille actually helps fill it in with the snake in the middle. I'd have to see more pictures of it with the lights on or off to see if I like it or not. If I saw you at a gas station, I'd come over to look it over and tell you it's a gorgeous car, but I'd probably also think to myself that the GTR lettering has got to go. Congratulations nonetheless on scoring a low mileage, 1 of 72 CO convertible.

Thanks. I will post better pics tomorrow. Its raining here today.

mavisky

Established Member
LeMans stripes, GT-R badges, un-necessary lights in the grill.... this car's seen some shit in it's relatively low mileage lifetime.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats OP not a fan of the GTR lettering and fog lights in the grill. Not big on the stripes either but none the less still looks clean and low mileage. As long as your happy that is all that matters.

D-MANN

Established Member
Wow. It's not too far gone to save. I've seen one locally here that had worse done. Lamborghini doors,cobra R wing moulded into the factory wing etc.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428687807.088660.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428687824.766983.jpg

tnuce10

Established Member
Congrats on the purchase.

Get rid of those "GT-R" stickers and that will be a huge step in the right direction

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
It seams that although we mod the heck out of our cars, we are all very purist when it comes to the looks of a stock car. It really says something about how well this car's design has aged.

Users who are viewing this thread