2004 Cobra Photo

Pyro

Established Member
What mods have you done to it already? Pulley, Chip, Catback???

2004svtcobra

Established Member
No mods yet. I just got the car last Monday. I have been too busy working. haha Personally, I am not going to be goofing with the pully or chip. I will probably only add a K&N air filter and possibly a new exhaust system. I am limiting the engine mods because of some of the possible damage they can do to the engine performance. More horsepower is great but how much more do you really need beyond 390?? I bought the car because I like what FORD has created out of the box. A car that will blow the doors off of many cars out there as is.

tvguy

Just wondering, are the 04's commanding any premium? Did the dealer still have any 03's on the lot when you purchased this one? Very nice ride. That snow is killing me though. Makes me appreciate the palm trees I have outside my door and that huge water thing at the end of the street.
pacotaco

2004svtcobra

Established Member
No premium when I got mine. I got a pretty good deal on my ride here in PA. There were still 4 - 2003 Cobras on the lot when I purchased mine. That didn't seem to affect the way in which the dealer worked with me.

rocketman

Established Member
Wondering how the bumper lines up to the quarter panel near the rear wheel on the 04? On my 03 cobra the pointy end of the bumper sticks out and does not align well. On another note I wonder why when I look at GTs and Mach 1's the body panels line up but on my 03 they are all badly off.

stevieb

Established Member
Originally posted by 2004svtcobra
No mods yet. I just got the car last Monday. I have been too busy working. haha Personally, I am not going to be goofing with the pully or chip. I will probably only add a K&N air filter and possibly a new exhaust system. I am limiting the engine mods because of some of the possible damage they can do to the engine performance. More horsepower is great but how much more do you really need beyond 390?? I bought the car because I like what FORD has created out of the box. A car that will blow the doors off of many cars out there as is.

I feel the same way about the out of box experience, but I will admit I may go with a catted X (more for the exhaust note than performance) and maybe a T/B and eventually do some poly bushings to get rid of the pop n clunk.
:rockon: :rockon:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Originally posted by 98kobra
Please tell me you aren't talking about that Chevy behind the shiney black car...:kaboom:
Yea sure:bash:
Hell no .......The Black Perfect SVT Cobra ....That's the one:p :bowdown:

I got the beater covered see sig,,,(cigar wagon):thumbsup:

2004svtcobra

Established Member
Originally posted by rocketman
Wondering how the bumper lines up to the quarter panel near the rear wheel on the 04? On my 03 cobra the pointy end of the bumper sticks out and does not align well. On another note I wonder why when I look at GTs and Mach 1's the body panels line up but on my 03 they are all badly off.

Everything lines up fine on mine in regards to the body. I noticed today while driving that the center heater vent is rattling slightly. It is not bad, but it is annoying when you are driving with no music on. Still no other noices to report as of now.

I put another 150 miles on her today. We had some gorgeous weather here in PA today. Roads were dry too. The car cleaned up just like new after the ride. I didn't see any other Cobra's on the road today though.

Does anyone have the stock stereo hooked up to XM radio? Will the stock receiver work instead of the ugly Delphi receiver the XM comes with? Thanks.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
having owned 2 previous black cars....have
fun keeping her stain and scratch free.
I would invest in a car cover and beebee
gun (j/k) .

I wanted a black coupe as well....but memories
of my previous black cars kept me to my
orginal choice (silver).

enjoy!!:thumbsup:

2004svtcobra

Established Member
Got the car cover already and she resides in the garage away from any damn' neighborhood cats. As far a scatches from washing, I use a boar's hair brush which is excelent for protecting against swirl marks in the clearcoat while washing. They are expensive but they work.

lesrok

Established Member
Originally posted by 2004svtcobra
Everything lines up fine on mine in regards to the body. I noticed today while driving that the center heater vent is rattling slightly. It is not bad, but it is annoying when you are driving with no music on. Still no other noices to report as of now.

I put another 150 miles on her today. We had some gorgeous weather here in PA today. Roads were dry too. The car cleaned up just like new after the ride. I didn't see any other Cobra's on the road today though.

Does anyone have the stock stereo hooked up to XM radio? Will the stock receiver work instead of the ugly Delphi receiver the XM comes with? Thanks.

I think there's a TSB for the center console rattle. You should get it fixed!!!

Users who are viewing this thread