2003 Mach 1 Project Bad Mach

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
So, who just spent $1k on Carbon Driven’s website this morning?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_1848.JPG

On vacation and picked up something up for the Mach.

I think CoVid Derangement Syndrome is the new Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_1995.JPG

Here is one of the gifts for the Mach 1.

I was working on it a bit yesterday and stopped due to getting pissed off.

I know I am no Kindig, Shelby, Foose, etc… However, I do take time to learn, I take pride in the work I do, I want to put out a good looking car, I don’t want some hack job. Hell, it took me almost two hours messing with the gauges to get them how I liked them mounted in the pod.

I swear, every minute I wrench on this car I find more shit. This is the problem I have with some people that buy these cars. They do t take the time to learn, they don’t research parts, they cut corners, the skimp on budgets.

This is part of the reason I know longer care about making this car a drag car. Sure, it would be easier and cheaper with all the shit. But seeing as I know of 6 of these that have been totaled since I bought this one, these are limited production cars, and I am OCD, I can’t hack this up. I do t care about run i g 8’s or 9’s. I am going to focus on making this a fun street car. Sure, it won’t be original in the paint color or suspension, or engine, or trans. But it won’t be cut up or LS swapped. It will pretty much be my “restomod” for a not so old car. And once I move I will find a GT to cut up and make a drag oriented car.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_1998.JPG

99-01 Cobra bumper is on the Mach 1. I am hoping a body shop can repair the holes. Do I cut the license plate area from the one I just removed? Or let them fill it?

IMG_2004.JPG

IMG_2005.JPG

Got the Carbon Driven wiper cowl, shifter bezel, door pulls and cup. I am waiting for the radio bezel and instrument cluster with gauge pods to come available. Last is the authentic Cobra Jet emblems. I am going to have the shaker scoop cleaned up and powder coated again. I am going to have the emblems painted probably a really dark gray, or a black that will not be the same as the scoop but something that doesn’t jump out. Hell, maybe I will get them dipped in Carbon Fiber.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
let them fill the holes, the plastic fillers they have are excellent.

I wish carbon driven would ship hoods. That's the only body mod left I'd like to have since my stock on needs paint anyway

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
99/01 front bumper for the win. Looks killer on the Machs.

I never got the hype with all the CF pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread