2003 HELLION Turbo Cobra 10,600 Miles

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
Video Added:

[ame="http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh157/trbovnm/?action=view&current=JasonRothsCobra76MMHellion.flv"]silver turbo cobra video by trbovnm - Photobucket[/ame]

The only reason I'm even thinking about selling this car is to focus on buying a new home. I really don't want to sell, but if I can get a reasonable price for it, I MAY consider it. Asking $27,500.

I'll try to describe the car to the best of my ability. This car is extremely user friendly. It drives as well as any factory vehicle. I was amazed at how great the drivability was when I first drove this car. But make no mistake about it, this car, with a simple turn of the EBC dial, can become an extremely dangerous vehicle on public roads. I just wanted to mention that. I would hate for anyone to hurt themselves or this car should it be sold. I've owned my share of fast cars, but this one is in a whole other class.

***I purchased the car with approximately 10,300 miles on it. It right now sits with approximately 10,450. The actual chassis mileage should be around 10,600 due to a malfunctioning speed sensor. The speedometer works sporadically. I do have a new speed sensor, I just have yet to install it. MMR motor has approximately 2500 miles on it.

***Car does have a few rock chips on the front end that have been professionally corrected, but you can still see them if you look closely. I removed the rear bumper cover and had it repainted because I bought the car with a scratch on it. Paint matches perfectly. There is a small dent on the driver's side fender. Can't really see it until you get very close to the car. I 'll provide a pic to try and show it.

Onto the specs:

Car tuned by Jon Lund

MMR Mod Race 1100 motor Serial #404
Feb 2005 revised heads
LDC Cooling mod
26 spline input shaft
New SPEC 3 clutch with new steel flywheel
blue powdercoated valve covers that have been cleared
polished canton overflow tank
Optima Red Top battery

hellion turbo kit, 76mm, ball bearing upgrade, new s-trim impeller design
most of the hot pipes are 2000 degree black coated
downpipe silver ceramic coated
magnaflow magnapack catback

gt pumps
FORE Tophat
dual fpdms
-8an line upgrade
60# injectors
wingless decklid
bullitt side scoops
charcoal seat inserts from my 04
Bullitt fuel door
tinted taillights
mgw shifter w/ stock shift knob
new 18" FR500 black chrome wheels with BFG KDW NT's. Front are fine, rears will need replacement within about 5000 miles. maybe sooner.

SOS gauge pod with fuel and oil pressure(lunar)
Autometer gauge cluster, one empty, wideband in the other
BLITZ SBC ID-3 electronic boost controller

MM Kmember, bump steer kit, rack bushings, cc plates
UPR front coilovers
tokico 5-way adjustable struts
QA-1 12-way adjustable shocks/coilovers
MM full length subframes

solid axle w/ stock diff from terminator
New 3.31 gears
MM lower control arms
stock upper arms
Trick Flow diff cover

Car was purchased by Jason Roth (TRBO VNM) and built at his shop, Competition Speed and Sound, as his personal vehicle. He purchased it from an individual that was going through a divorce and wanted to unload it. This individual installed a whipple on the car and raced it a few short times before he blew the motor from a bad tune, hence the MMR 1100 motor. Jason purchased the car, completed the build, and used it for a short time before he wanted to get back into a competition orange car. Car was never raced by myself or Jason.

I'd probably need about another 10 pages to describe how much this car has, but I'll happily answer any ?'s you guys might have. Car is stored in a heated garage, always covered. It's extremely clean, I wouldn't have that any other way. It would only be driven on sunny days and only as a continuous ride...I never parked it anywhere but my garage.:)

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

IMG_0667-1.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I live near Jason and saw this car from when it arrived at his house to when it was completely built up, all the way through. The attention to detail is phenomenal and I would be my first choice if I was in the market for a Cobra. Only the best parts were used on this build, since Jason was making it for his personal car and to represent his shop.

Good luck with the sale man, can't believe you are giving it up!

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
I live near Jason and saw this car from when it arrived at his house to when it was completely built up, all the way through. The attention to detail is phenomenal and I would be my first choice if I was in the market for a Cobra. Only the best parts were used on this build, since Jason was making it for his personal car and to represent his shop.

Good luck with the sale man, can't believe you are giving it up!

Thank you. I know you put alot of work into this car too in helping Jason out, and I appreciate it. This might be one of the most true "gauging interest" for sale threads out there. I love this car and am only willing to possibly sell it to someone I know will appreciate it.:beer:

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
Maybe I missed it, but do you any HP/TQ numbers on this beast?

I have yet to get it onto a dyno. Jon Lund and I went back and forth with tunes until we really nailed it. I'm on vacation the last week of October. If Jon is available, I was thinking of taking a day-off from hunting and taking the car down to him just to see what it'll do. Thanks.:beer:

TRBO VNM

Like I said Jason, sad to see it go, but hey, we all have priorities and in the end it really is just a car and you can get another.

If anyone has questions, you can ask me as well. I may not be checking this thread regularly, so if you want to send me a pm or give me a call, by all means, go ahead. I should remember everything, but since I don't own it anymore and have been building my other car now, it may take me a bit to recall every little detail.

the turbo is the newer turbonetics turbo with the s-trim impeller and not the q-trim and is ball bearing. I did not go through the mod list that was posted, so I don't know if that was on there or not.

it was a very clean car when I sold it to badsube and I know how he is and it is going to be even more clean. he probably took a tooth brush to the engine bay. if the amount of detailing time could be correlated into miles, I am sure he has 50k miles of detailing into that thing. :lol: he spent probably 4hrs minimum looking the car over, so you can only imagine how detailed oriented he is. :beer:

good luck Jason(badsube)

Last edited:

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
Like I said Jason, sad to see it go, but hey, we all have priorities and in the end it really is just a car and you can get another.

If anyone has questions, you can ask me as well. I may not be checking this thread regularly, so if you want to send me a pm or give me a call, by all means, go ahead. I should remember everything, but since I don't own it anymore and have been building my other car now, it may take me a bit to recall every little detail.

the turbo is the newer turbonetics turbo with the s-trim impeller and not the q-trim and is ball bearing. I did not go through the mod list that was posted, so I don't know if that was on there or not.

it was a very clean car when I sold it to badsube and I know how he is and it is going to be even more clean. he probably took a tooth brush to the engine bay. if the amount of detailing time could be correlated into miles, I am sure he has 50k miles of detailing into that thing. :lol: he spent probably 4hrs minimum looking the car over, so you can only imagine how detailed oriented he is. :beer:

good luck Jason(badsube)

Too funny man, and thanks alot. You built one hell of a car. Like I said, if the right person comes along, I might let it go. If not, I'll be more than happy to keep it. I really appreciate your offer to potential buyers to contact you. You could definitely offer more help on the technical side. All I can say is that it runs like a raped ape and it's clean.:D

Users who are viewing this thread