2003 DSG New Owner/Question

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Carefull with that lean code. These motors are not cheap to fix. Great car/color BTW!

MrSwa

Established Member
The first time I saw the Check Engine Light, I read a P0147 - Left Bank Lean code. I cleared it, and continued to drive the car (stupid, I know). The light then came back on. I went and bought some MAF cleaner as this fixed my problem on my old 98 GT. When I get home to read the code, it read P0507 - Idle control system RPM higher than expected. I went ahead and cleaned the MAF, cleared the code and drove on. Light came back on still reading as P0507. This clearly does not sound nearly as bad a left bank lean code. Is there anything I can check for this code, or is this mostly a tune issue? Thanks again everyone.

P.S. - Woke up this morning to find 6" of snow. Needless to say, I'm not going anywhere until this melts a little. Oh and even better news, we're supposed to get more.

DSG_2-9-10_2.jpg

DSG_2-9-10_1.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Copied from the link below.
A P0507 DTC trouble code may be caused by one or more of the following:

A vacuum leak
Leaking air intake after the throttle body
EGR valve leaking vacuum
A faulty positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve
Damaged/failed/dirty throttle body
Failed EVAP system
Failed IAC (idle air controller) or faulty IAC circuit
P0507 Idle Air Control System RPM Higher Than Expected - DTC Code

forcefedcobra

Established Member

03svt450whp

Established Member
The first time I saw the Check Engine Light, I read a P0147 - Left Bank Lean code. I cleared it, and continued to drive the car (stupid, I know). The light then came back on. I went and bought some MAF cleaner as this fixed my problem on my old 98 GT. When I get home to read the code, it read P0507 - Idle control system RPM higher than expected. I went ahead and cleaned the MAF, cleared the code and drove on. Light came back on still reading as P0507. This clearly does not sound nearly as bad a left bank lean code. Is there anything I can check for this code, or is this mostly a tune issue? Thanks again everyone.

P.S. - Woke up this morning to find 6" of snow. Needless to say, I'm not going anywhere until this melts a little. Oh and even better news, we're supposed to get more.

DSG_2-9-10_2.jpg

DSG_2-9-10_1.jpg

I havnt been on here since I sold this car. My poor old car. I think thats the first snow its ever seen lol. Hope all is well with it. btw I did find that fix they sent me for that rear end cover spittin out fluid. Let me know if u want it.

Users who are viewing this thread