2003 cobra front brakes sticking help

BMSTNG

Established Member
If your pedal is spongy yes bleed the system again like stated above. There's sequence to these cars for bleeding you should follow. Start with the bleeder valve furthest from the master cylinder which would be your passenger rear move to drivers rear then to passenger front and then drivers front. Now bleed the master cylinder if that doesn't help definitely have the abs bled you will need a computer to do this. If you still have a problem personally I would get a set of new calipers just to try and see if this helps. If it doesn't you could always return them but at least this way you rule out the calipers. I had this same problem with my 02 GT the spongy pedal was due to air in the abs and the wheels locking up turned out to be bad calipers. GL

hotcobra03

Established Member
as noted..some drag is normal..

they will change after a heat cycle or two..

I have 1 that hangs..still untouched..

I have to push piston out farther han back in a couple times and it frees it up..

RichM1983

Established Member
It's been too long since I've worked on the front brake calipers but if its a floating caliper are the pins frozen? I can't remember if its a floating caliper or not so this may be useless info.

hotcobra03

Established Member
It's been too long since I've worked on the front brake calipers but if its a floating caliper are the pins frozen? I can't remember if its a floating caliper or not so this may be useless info.

our fronts don't have a guide pin..
our rears do..

blwnblkgt

Established Member
So thank you for all the help guys I got the brakes to work properly , I re bleed the master cylinder and calipers and the brakes are not dragging any more

Users who are viewing this thread